Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

Then you're missing out because the dungeons are fun and have story.

Polaris: Ties into the story of Solomon Islands and what happened after the Vikings rolled up to beat up the Mayans...bad things

Hell Raised: Part one of the three part liberation of Hell

Darkness War: A dream quest about the time the Mayans invaded in an effort to release The Dreamers

Ankh: An ancient ruin full of mummies, filth, and Orochi

Hell Fallen: Part two of the liberation of Hell also the weakest dungeon IMO

The Facility: An old Cold War bunker where the Soviets tried and succeeded to create a Star Child

Hell Eternal: The last part of the liberation of Hell

Slaughterhouse: A Soviet research facility where they tried to make super soldiers with vampire DNA

The raids only one has any story at all and it's not very good.

What was the tokyo one..

Aegis Dungeon (Orochi tower?): Rampage through an orochi tower and stop John (Filth) from getting at teddy bear chick. Teddy bear chick reveals she can "heal" tokyo somehow using a music box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

prefect posted:

I fell out of actively playing between Tokyo expansions, so I never got to do that one. :(

I understand you also get angel wings at some point? :sigh:

Angel wings are great. The wings you get are based off the decisions you made in the story. If you sided with the filth, remained neutral, or listened to Gaia

Getting them is even cooler. Pretty much you are after Lillith who is camped up in the impenetrable orochi tower. So what do you do? You Team up with everyone in tokyo, including JOHN avatar of the filth. You do some things outside the tower and then John brings the towers power out, lighting up the windows to spell out "COME ON IN CHUCK". Then you , demons, samurai and yakuza storm the tower and face lilith. Then you fight lilith and John distracts her by talking and then David Camerons Deus Ex Machina comes down and imprisions her

Say what you will about the game, but the story certainly has some great moments.. Surrounded by the shity Aegis system.

Also if they don't keep the call back to the tutorial I will be angry.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Whos making the goon guild (Its cross faction now right) for launch? Ill dump a few hours into this game ,though i won't go all in until i see if they improve tokyo and Aegis.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

i like pain and i'd be missing precious free things since i'm a grandmaster so I'll be there day one

I too will be in the game on day one.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Capntastic posted:

What day is day one? I might give it a shot

June 26th it launches , you will need to download client from the main website.
July ???? it launches on steam, you can grab it there.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Guess it's time to think up a cabal name. Awful industries was a poo poo name, let's not repeat that. I'm always partial to the good old goon squad, maybe something with bees or Lowtax. Maybe a filth related joke? I'm not good at puns, please send help.

Awful Industries was a great name and who are you again?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Feel like we should hammer in that the MMO is dying though..

Last Gasp of a Dying MMO?

Age of Conan?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Heres some information about weapons

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/deepdiveweapons/

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

M_Sinistrari posted:

I would've thought there would be since they're offering a paid service to reserve character names.

NO way you gotta start the grind all over again baby!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
The account page is down.

The game is up, I was able to login with my old account but I don't see my old character

https://account.secretworldlegends.com/tsw_transfer

use at your own risk, reddit found it

Exmond fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 23, 2017

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Phoix posted:

I can't even get into my account to have the transfer not work. It just says authentication failed. Are you supposed to use your master account or game account? Neither works for me but still. :v:

Edit: Ignore me

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Voice actor for the tutorial is so much better now

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, Illuminati was a huge loving drama bomb. I learned my lesson from that. 1) Never start a good guild. 2) Play Templar.

Im so happy i ignored goon guild drama. Was that drinkfist who did Taco holocaust?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Sanctuary chat is up, it was the old global chat channel the community joined up

/chat join #Sanctuary to join it

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Drinkfist posted:

It was some crazy girl in the Lumies guild that talked about keeping cold beers in her vagina on mumble.

I would like to think that the Templars being drama free had something to do with my fantastic leadership. Although Lawlicaust you got some real loving winners over there with Canadian oil magnates to "check your pronouns genderfluid" fun. It was fitting that the Illuminati was a bunch of raving lunatics and the Templars were swirling fine scotch in the sitting room saying "Yes. Quite.". The Dragon all quit after they got their opening scene blow job.

Ohhhh.... OHHHHHHHHH I think I vaguely recall that...

Anyways, if anyone wants to prank funcom go here

https://www.twitch.tv/funcom

Looks like they are in Argatha at the moment

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Do we have a guild yet?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Third World Reggin posted:

haha so dungeons have daily exp as a quest

second run nothing

so if you just wanted to run it over and over for a weapon you get poo poo

The game is really good at letting you know when its time to stop playing.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Is that EvilBillMurray's youtube channel?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lawlicaust posted:

Translation: We don't know what the gently caress is actually causing it and we're throwing fixes at it to see if something works.

Don't they have a test server to test this stuff out? Kind of confusing.

I know old TSW had a test server, does Legends have a test server?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Meallan posted:

This seems to be the major problem: Argatha cashes, sprints, inventory upgrades, etc. Having the option to still do these things with aurum is fine, but players having to basically click a "I don't want to spend money rn" button every turn is what makes people so angry about the whole thing.

I think you hit the nail on the head. So many times you get the F2P monetization pushed into your face and you have to push it aside.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lawlicaust posted:

Live stream right now: https://www.twitch.tv/funcom

Upcoming Patron Changes
  • +20% MoF gains
  • Double AP/SP gains
  • Teleports free now as well as anima leap

Downtime Compensation
  • 25 AP / 25 SP
  • 10K MoF
  • 4000 Anima shards
  • 1 Blue Talisman Fusion Booster

Elite Dungeons next week. Dungeons now scale from difficulty 1-10.

3 month release plan will be detailed next week.

Faction Missions will return as post-50 content.

That .. acutally makes patron okay

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Not that I'm white knighting or anything because I'm still pissed at whatever unpaid egomaniac banned me from discord for a joke. Eat a sloppy cock, funcom.

Dang that sucks Nixon... hope you can manage to get unbanned

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Ahh this is great, the good old goon drama is back.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Or in my case it's defaulting to the idea that I screwed up somewhere and didn't notice.

And at least Infernal Vibrations is back up for the time being.

When I get on ill kick shorty , don't worry about it.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Space Skeleton posted:

Any idea why this is greyed out?

The catalyst says it's usable in place of a maximum epic quality or lower talisman when performing fusion. I was not actually planning to fuse with that catalyst since it's better used for epic to mythic but I am curious about why it doesn't work.

Are you lvl 50? At lvl 50 you can start fusing blues into purples i believe.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Meallan posted:

I'm a blade main right now, have spent no points on elemental secondary. Was thinking of switching ele for shotgun. That way I have a long range for the game proper and could switch to main shotgun for tanking. Are there any recommended abilities to get first for shotgun with a tanking build in mind? Would it be necessary to ALSO build up on hammer and chaos?

Sorry for all the questions but you seem like you know the meta pretty well.

Reinforced Rockets and the Rocket Pod are a good combo, it gives you a lot of protection off of a 3 energy ability

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lawlicaust posted:

The main thing I got from the road map is that they will make this even more like a mobile game with the "agent" system. I'm sure they'll release a companion app with it too so you can send your agents on missions from your phone. And probably find a way to sell you agent boosters and agent mission reducers, etc.

But hey, if it keeps really lovely monetization out of the main game, I'd be all for it.

I don't think funcom has the development time to make a mobile app. I think it'll look like the squadron system from FFXIV and WOW

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Since I'm not particularly liking Egypt so far, I figured I'll just tear through the story quest to get it over and done with. Well, apparently the Black Sun Red Sand questline got some major changes so at this point any of the walkthroughs or hint sites are outdated. Does anyone know of where there might be something more updated or I just accept I'm going to be stuck in this cellar for a while?

Huh? What cellar are you stuck in? I managed to get through egypt using old walkthrough (The statue one was a bit annoying).

Are you punching people in the face?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Patch tomorrow morning. What is it? Nobody knows!

If you're posting anything related to the story, maybe add spoiler tags? Hopefully there will be new players coming in to the game and even stuff that seems mundane of unimportant part of the story might be a bit of a spoke for someone. It's not like this game had anything but story going for it, so let's at least make that worthwhile.

Patch for tommorrow is hopefully for Shambala to fix the raid exploit.

Edit: And possibly add paypal as a transaction option

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I'm on a bit of a horror kick recently, it it worth playing this game?

Its free to play so give it a shot. Ignore anything to do with doing dungeon runs or cash boxes and you will avoid the worst of the monetization.

The game has a very good story that dives into the occult, it skirts some horror things but due to being an MMO it can't give you many shock scares.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Huh was able to do elite with with a purple HP talisman and a mid level blue talisman + Anima Potion. I had a off-healer wtih AR and a dedicated healer but we managed to do it!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Empress Theonora posted:

Sometimes filthy humans actually say intelligible stuff and it's more unsettling than all the screeching in the world.

One of them in Savage coast screams "WHERE ARE MY KEYS WHERE ARE MY KEYS"

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

dmboogie posted:

Nice. The game in general has felt a lot faster to progress through, even with 100%ing Kingsmouth and The Savage Coast. (Except for all the elite enemies.)

Unrelated, but is there any particular "best" way to get anima shares? I'm at the point where I'm actually running out. Should I only be fusing with poo poo that gives the 2.5x bonus?

Shambhala (the pvp mode) gives you 1,000 shards per match

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Amante posted:

Empowering weapons/talismans with slotted glyphs also empowers the glyphs sometimes.

But his glyph is lvl 20? I thought glyphs maxed out at lvl 20?

Fruits of the sea posted:

Any word on what today's hotfix was about?

Also I appreciate a f2p game that provides a generous XP progression, but I'm overleveled for Hell Fallen before I could even find the quest for it. Hope I can find some goons willing to run through it once I finally find the quest for it.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-2-patch-notes/2/

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

PST posted:

So it looks as if outlevelling content means being unable to complete missions. I had the 'reasonable man' quest and hadn't gotten round to it (am also going slow), I'm about 25, the 'gutted fishermen' that drop the flares are level 18 so they're giving 1 shard and 8xp, which also means they don't drop the flares you need to loot to complete the quest.

Funcom strikes again

Pause the quest (drop it) and then pick it up again.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

The gap between elite 1 and 2 seems annoyingly huge. I started tanking e1 over the weekend with a bearscore of 80 and it was pretty OK. Now I'm at 140 and all it does is become slightly less worrisome that a heart will ignore me for a few seconds while I wait to painfully gear up to 250.

I'd like to see some cabal runs starting up on elites and lairs soon. Do we know what a real baseline item level is for running them? I see ridiculous numbers in lfg but that's not useful at all.

I'm down for elite runs but i play PST, it never seems to sync up that goons want to run elites when I am able to.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Variable Haircut posted:

I should have the RDB extractors on my old computer. Been considering taking a peek under the hood of SWL.

Edit: Here are the mission texts from TSW; however, I don't believe they have the Tokyo content.
Dragon
Templar
Illuminati

Since they mention UTA there is a bit of tokyo content in there

After reading through it ALL the tokyo content is there, so watch out for spoilers.

Exmond fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 22, 2017

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

I've had a few super bad runs as well. People are just poo poo.

What time zone are you playing in? We've seen some elite runs yesterday/today during most of the day, but if you're in eurotime or something, it might be harder. I think some people are just leveling casually or going f2p so it's slower to build gear.

Please, people, we need more healers. So many healers.

I've had the exact opposite experience and the PUGS ive found are fun. Its a quick 15-30 minute run in an elite.

Also I apologize to everyone today for my dungeon runs where my internet crashed, TSW crashed with a black screen and a run where I had to bail on the final boss fight due to work.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Anyone have a good heal build? The goon guild needs a healer so was thinking of slowly leveling up my healing gear.

Was thinking Blood/Shotgun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Bruceski posted:

On a scale of "you needed bother with money" to "kick you in the nuts every five seconds telling you to subscribe", how does the F2P look for this game? Some friends and I are looking at it for our weekly hangout sessions.

You might hit the level cap in the story quest and have to do an extra mission or two but thats about it. There is a blue weapon and glyph requirement in egypt but by then you should have that and if you dont just ask goons for help