Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
https://investors.funcom.com/funcom-se-board-recommends-voluntary-cash-offer-from-tencent-to-acquire-all-shares-in-funcom/

Tencent offered, and board recommends to accept the offer to buy all 77 Mil shares of Funcom for $1.90 per share (25% or so bump over previously traded share price)
Tencent already owned about 22 Mil shares. Presumably that would be good thing for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
I am not sure what "maintenance mode" is, but there are dribs and drabs of new content for SWL, including story content, missions dealing more with the Hive during recent February event. Then again, FunCom doesn't kill its games.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007

Cythereal posted:

* Can aurum be earned in-game at all?

You earn 20 or so aurum per day in game if you do daily challenge. Use in game exchange (H key I think) to swap your Marks into Aurum.
Sprints V and VI go on 50% sale sometimes, most recently during anniversary event.
Blood has new-ish mechanic added to it, called tainted blood which is separate from corruption. It will kill you on long fights, like dungeon bosses. Clear stacks of it using Reap. AR doesn't make for a good offhand weapon typically, consider elementalism and living flame, the only permanent pet in game.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
Eruption still exist and tosses things into the air - most of the time. Seems like getting hammer to actually hit things is a bit of a challenge. Hammer, generally, is a top damage weapon in SWL.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
Blood has a new mechanic called "Tainted Blood" It is not same as Corruption, it only applies when you do damage with blood. You need to clear tainted blood by using "Reap" ability believe if that is what happened. You can regain your body by clicking on the roots of well while in anima form.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007

Smooth operation

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

Is there a recommended build/class for soloing

Unless you absolutely want to play elemental as main hand, take elemental as offhand, it is incredibly strong for solo now due to them adding a combat tanking pet to it (living flame)

For main hand, each weapon has its own gimmick, some are ignorable like pistols some you have to deal with like assault rifle (AR). AR has longest range.
There are no classes really, There are 9 weapon types in game, starting "class" just unlocks 2 of them for free, you can unlock the rest as you play, though unlocks become progressively more expensive.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

So I joined a random pubbie Cabal cuz I want to do dungeons and stuff and I am now seeing what a staggering grind the end game is lmao, holy loving poo poo :eyepop:

Started inspecting random people and while item level 1700(!) is sufficient to enter the hardest stuff in the game, I saw someone who had item level 5000(!!!!!) weapons.

I am currently item level 153.

Oh well, not like I have to rush so I'm ready for the next content update :smith:

I did have someone run me through baby elite mode Ankh which is my favorite dungeon, though, so that was cool.

You are confusing weapon power with item level. I think 1756 or so maximum one can have currently in game. Technically, I think DPS can effectively max out at 1699 since accuracy glyphs don't need to be fully maxed for you to never mess at highest difficulty mobs in game.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

Oh, you're right. That's... significantly less terrifying. Still seems like a bit of a grind but, well, MMORPG.

If see someone advertising for "regionals" always joins up, it will help a lot quickly, just try to have an empty bag. Also always join lairs. Do not worry about doing damage.

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
"Regionals" is there they go into lair, party of 13, 10 in main raid, and 3 "leechers" and summon anywhere from 10 to 50 big lair bosses one after another. Bag space is a huge problem during lairs, as you will be getting tons of distils, and with boss being killed every minute or so you won't have much time to think about it. You have to buy in into regional by bringing however many essences raid leader requests, so 3 essences, will mean 39 bosses will be summoned at minimum 13 x 3. Once you start doing lairs on regular, you will get some essences or you can get them from AH, or check your cabal, most cabals have a ton of essences, and won't mind letting you have some. Not going to lie, it might get a bit boring after awhile, but it is a great way to level up your gear, as there is no restriction on how much loot you can get, and you are killing bosses so fast.

Xenaul fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 16, 2022

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

Probably just the Envoys of Avalon spring event? I can't find an announcement about it for 2021, so maybe they didn't run it last year, but here's 2020's: https://www.secretworldlegends.com/2020/03/17/spring-equinox-2020/

https://www.tswdb.com/events/envoys-of-avalon/

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

I hate to break it to you but if someone bought the licence and did a proper reboot, that would also be a "cash grab" because :capitalism:

As far as I know this is still happening
https://twitter.com/AnvilStar

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
They must've read your post and fixed it by removing that part from the launcher splash.

Len posted:

coming up on two years :(

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
You can do them solo if you out levels them by a little bit. Queue never will work, ask in #Sanctuary channel or in Agartha general, usually someone will help. /chat join #Sanctuary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaul
Jun 2, 2007
Please note that if investing in tiers with printed items, you will have to pay "at-cost" to actually print things, it is not included in tier pricing, that just buys you a right to print if I understand it correctly.