Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Here's some guild stuff to add to the op.

Playing with goons
We have a cross-faction cabal (guild) "Lowtax's Bees" (pending a vote for rename) for general shitposting, dungeon running, and erotic roleplay. You need to be online for an invite. Post your in-game username and someone will invite you. Everyone in the cabal (as of June) can invite, so it shouldn't be a long wait.

Speaking with goons
You can join our Discord channel/server/thing for out-of-game chat and VOIP so we can all hear your spergy voice and laugh at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

That lore in the subway is supposed to be somewhere else in the game too, so it's not lost forever.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

Have any Kingmouth quests turned up bugged so far? I can't really go by anything said in genchat because, well, it's genchat.

I've been ignoring chat mostly but my personal experience has been bug-free as far as quests go.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Has anyone managed to get the auto_login/auto_teleport scripts working for joining chat channels? Everyone is telling me they work exactly the same as they did in TSW and just to copy the folder over but when I do that it cockdrops the entire chat system and I can only access say and LFG. :v:

Edit: or maybe chat in general is just hosed right now? :shrug:

My auto scripts worked just fine. Are you getting a notification that you've been dropped from the community server? I've had that a few times.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

M2tt posted:

I only played a little bit at release so pretty much everything is new to me now, but how do you get the currency to buy the pets/mounts in the agartha shops? It's a round icon that I don't recognize.

The round one is third age fragments - they come from opening the paid item caches. I haven't opened one yet so I don't know how many fragments we get per cache.

Some pets are bought with aurum (money) or marks of favor.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I don't know why, but I'm loving the little drone station in Agartha. These little guys are what allow us to remotely get our poo poo from the AH. Every few seconds one will fly out of its box in the Agartha tree. They make me smile.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

BabyFur Denny posted:

There are no different servers for EU/US, right? And I would need to post my character name to get an invite to the goon chabal?

No and yes.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

unimportantguy posted:

So at this point, if I'm mostly interested in story stuff, is there a compelling reason to play SWL, or should I keep plugging away at my original flavor TSW character? Things don't sound so great right now on the new version, and I was already in blues mountains.

I'm playing for the story too - I'm here because I'm going to want more story and SWL is the only place to get it. There isn't new content yet, but it's being planned/written so we may as well get comfortable in the new game.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'm trying not to be super angsty that of loving course at an unreasonable time I missed the chance to compete for money. Now it's going to be like TSW and the cheapest item is like 100k mof and the little people can get hosed.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

:frogsiren:Servers offline:frogsiren:

Let's pray to the FSM that there's some kind of rollback. Reddit is placing some of the currency influx in the range of several million USD worth of aurum.

Welcome to beta II, shitbirds.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

TSW Community Manager posted:

Hey everybody,
We're aware of this issue and are working on it as I type this. We may have to extend today's downtime as a result, just so you're aware.
Our priority is to have this fixed before we can commit to or comment on any additional actions, but we'll try to keep you all in the loop.
Thanks for the reports.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, this poo poo is going to be offline all day. RIP SWL. You hosed up your launch worse than anyone could have even imagined.

To give them a bit of credit, once the game went up on Friday it stayed up until downtime. Who knows how many people were logged in, but at least that's something.

They're alluding to some kind of a rollback taking place. Who knows what that will look like. Some people are even talking about currency being rolled back entirely. What would be the least bad way to gently caress things up? Leaving some of the manipulated currencies in game or potentially erasing some legitimate gains? Either way, uguu.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

alg posted:

why would they not just disable the AH and bring the game up, run AH in test until they figure it out

Because people have hundreds of millions of marks of favor and millions of aurum. If they let people in the game, someone will find a way to store their money in a way that can't be undone as easily.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

also here is my theory on the 1 month steam push back

steam takes a 30% cut

they wanted 1 month of dumb rear end whales who couldn't help but spend money to buy all the sp / ap that they could without a 30% cut

I assume with Steam you can still buy aurum from within the game as well as through steam, but that's a good point.

Tallgeese posted:

Steam actually takes a cut on ingame transactions?

I think he's talking about how you can usually buy currency/packs from the steam store page.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Downtime extended again! Another 3 hours!

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Finally starting to see posts asking for compensation. No mention of lawyers yet, but Leonard J Crabs, esq. should be helping us with a class-action soon.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Thinking about it, I really do not understand how this economy is any better than original flavor TSW's.

So, OK. You can pick up a MK3 weapon with a good suffix and sell it for 10k marks. Sure why not.

So, how in all the world is this going to result in anything different from how most signets were not worth a drat, and the few good ones hit 15 mil, 40+ mil, etc Pax? At least that Pax was obtainable by running dungeons! People are only going to want the good MK3s!

Have I lost my mind here? Am I missing some silver lining?

I think that's p much it. MK3/the talisman one will be the items we all want. MK I and II will be fodder for the grind to 16 max level greens.

I feel like at one point they were saying part of the "crafting" economy would be that you could sell upgraded items to other players, but upgrading them binds them to you so I guess that didn't happen after all.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

You can upgrade without binding so you could definitely sell upgraded items.

Huh, I thought it turned bound items. I tried putting a few upgraded items into the guild bank and it told me no. I didn't think I had equipped them but maybe I did accidentally.

That's kind of cool, then.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Can you stick this in the OP so it's easy to see?

Playing with goons
Cabals (guilds) are cross-factional so we can all poo poo up chat together. You can get an invite by either posting your character name here or through discord. Note that you must be online to receive an invite, so try to request an invite when you'll be online for a little bit and during primetime hours.

Chatting with goons
Since Discord is the cool thing now, come join us here.

We are a member of the Goon Discord Network which enables unified authentication and a directory of goon servers for lots of games.

After joining our Discord channel, you'll need to be authed in order to request an invite.

pre:
To be assigned a Goon role and get an invite, follow these simple steps.

Authenticate with the Goon Discord Network
type !authme SA USERNAME HERE in chat

For Example:
  If your username in Something Awful is IAmKale then type: !authme IAmKale
  If your username in Something Awful has a space in the middle like for example Tempus Thales then type: !authme Tempus Thales

You will get a PM by the GDN bot to authenticate your account. Follow its instructions and you'll be assigned a Goon role.
Then, post your CHARACTER name in chat and someone will invite you. Note that cabals are cross-faction and are per-character.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Holy poo poo goons still do authing in the year of or lord 20__

Pff like we'd want filthy pubbies in our AAA wow killer raid guild? We need the guys from goonfleet to come give us their 10 page forms and background check processes.

Someone call the gaming gestapo!

E: the last chapter of the ARG is active.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 25, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Holy poo poo you are Badr.

Yo man if I make a SWL goon cabal T-shirt can I be an officer? Tell me about how loving awesome Lowtax and Discord is in more detail.

Didn't you have a fun little bird avatar?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Marx posted:

Nah, Badr bad was worse - mostly because there was absolutely no reason or benefit to stuff he would dream up.

"Get these T-shirts so you can recognize your cabal mates in public!" -- Nah man, I'm good.

I still want one of those city name sports team hats.

E:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/FuncomHelp/status/879079448045375490

there will be no secret world on this day, will there

Can someone edit that bitcoin gif where the price shoots into the ground but make it the TSW SWL logo? TIA.

E: :regd08:

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 25, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Same. I don't know what sparked that rumor. It clearly states you only get the one. Given how hard its going to be to acquire special effect weapons I am thinking the raven weapon is gonna be quite popular.

The site says that "each weapon can be claimed once per account" so there's an assumption that you'll get them all, but it probably means that we can get nine keys.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

E: ^^^ Suck on this you fuckman

All 5 game answers: pentacles, juniper, ardagh chalice, athame, rasalhague

Weapon puzzle answers:
hammer: n s sw s nw
blood magic: s sw nw sw nw
assault rifle: se n sw s nw
pistol: n ne s se ne
shotgun: sw ne sw s n
elementalism: se s sw sw n

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

You just made the list.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Soup du Journey posted:

looks like that santas got a shirt made of skin :kiddo:

I can't unsee it.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

don't doxx me

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Patcher is downloading now! Open your poo poo - it's slow.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

People on chat are saying the AH is disabled. Nobody has proof so we'll see.

E:

quote:

HOTFIX NOTES: JUNE 25 2017
GENERAL
Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause a server to crash after a player disconnects or changes zones
Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the community server to crash
Reduced the population caps for London, New York, and Seoul
Added a dismount button to the Hover-Tech Stealthboard
GUI
Fixed an issue where the confirmation popup when purchasing passive skills with Aurum was referencing Marks of Favour
Made a few improvements to the feedback provided during Fusion
Fixed a case where some dialog boxes could be opened multiple times, creating the impression that they would not close after being opened.
Fixed a case where the character sheet was not releasing keyboard focus
Removed a case where you would get a warning popup for empowering a glyph or signet in a max level talisman or weapon.
Fixed a case where the My Sales number in the tradepost could be inaccurate.
GAMEPLAY
The Degradation debuff will now properly increase damage taken.
Fixed some issues where a media popup during the Live Free, Die Hard mission was not diaplying properly in German and French.
Resolved some rare cases during the tutorial where players remain on the incorrect mission step once they arrive at the Ground Zero Flashback or once they have opened their talisman bags in the Waking Dream.
DRESSING ROOM
Crooked Stovepipe Hat should now show up under the hat category in the dressing room.
Snake Skin outfit should now be visible for male characters.
The Smooth claw amulet should now be visible for female characters.
Fixed an issue where the Hippie shades gold with rose tint were not showing up in the dressing room.
Fixed an issue where the female Santa’s Little Helper outfit was showing up as a hat.
Fixed an issue where the Cervine headdress was displaying in the wrong category of the dressing room.
Fixed a number of clothing items that were displaying the wrong gender for the character.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Patcher's bugged for me. Stuck on 'patch local files,' currently patching 235kb/160kb, at some small handful of bytes per second.

Oh, now 271kb/160kb. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

close it and reopen.

I'm in Agartha now. It's a ghost town. Nothing happened to my $$$.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

afkmacro posted:

Man I was away all day and missed out on the drama.

Anyway to get all the ARG weapons on one email?

People have said that the ARG created posted "in discord" that you get all 9 and that picking one during the ARG is just for lore.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Space Skeleton posted:

Do you get the TSW account unlock stuff on all characters?

Yes you do. With the already stated caveat of gender mattering.

I don't understand the bitching about receiving loot boxes. Especially the complaints about just picking them up being annoying. Delete them, who cares? Nobody is forcing you to spend money to open them, and right now it's not exactly going to drive big bucks to funcom. I'm expecting there to be monthly rotating boxes that have different cosmetic themes since costumes are one of the biggest sellers in mmos. Pets and weapon skins too. The crafting boosts drop a little too often but it's nice to power level gear with and the fragments are a common way to eventually get a thing you want. I'm not white knighting funcom and the monetization system, just saying that it's not the most funcompetent system in the world. I enjoy opening my one cache a day for fun.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Man I forgot how bad the patcher for this shitpile is. Speed jumping around wildly, download time estimate is now --:--:--

Oh well, did the arg and got my shadow chaos focus, I guess. Or I will get it, maybe, sometime?

e: Checked on reddit and you can pretty much just copy over your old RDB folder from TSW if you still have it installed, knocked my download down to like 3gb.

:iiam:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, if you're going for full skill trees, 2 weapons and a bit of a 3rd seems about right.

Does AP/SP slow down as you get higher in level?

Lawl can answer better since he's poo poo into quite a few socks while playing, but the XP required to level does scale at a significantly higher factor than the XP received from quests. Someone estimated the average # of quests needed per AP/SP at 50 but I don't have it stored. I like to think that lairs/elite dungeons will be higher sources of XP once they're released.

E: Can't say I understand the grief about not being able to max all the weapons easily. This isn't TSW where just soloing mobs requires 3-4 weapons to get the right mix. Weapons are a flavor more than a tool in SWL, so making them harder to unlock is understandable. You're just being gated from 100%ing the game, not from being able to remain competitive.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 27, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Capntastic posted:

I'm having fun drinking Zima for the Illuminati

It has carried me through to the Savage Coast

Can you join multiple cabals?

Cut your nails.

Cabals are one per character.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

HotBobaloo posted:

Can I get an invite on Varys please. I made a new guy, I feel like i was spreading myself too thin. I started as an assassin with the intention of going blade, shotgun, but went hammer instead. I decided I'm just going to go shotgun, hammer. Will the dps be there? The only thing I miss out on are the first 2 days of login awards right? I can still claim all weapons and costumes from TSW?

You'll still have dps. I haven't seen the theorycrafting but you won't be gimped for story content.

You can claim all the stuff from TSW on alts.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Exchange is being enabled tomorrow maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Sedisp posted:

Turn off action queuing in the settings. It's on by default for some reason.

gently caress yes.