Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.

Schubalts posted:

The original game is not going anywhere.

This.

"Secret World Legends" and "The Secret World" are going to have their own separate clients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

Sorry if this was already answered earlier, but I didn't see this specific issue after browsing the thread.

I tried launching TSW and it just launched SWL instead. I checked my files and they're still in two separate folders, but I can't seem to find the launcher for the original game.

Anyone have any suggestions, or maybe I'm missing something obvious? Thanks for any help.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

Thanks for this, it fixed my issue perfectly.:toot:

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

So, I checked the OP to see if there was any new or useful tips that I may have missed and I noticed it says to save lore pickups until 50. I thought it turned out not to matter and just pick them up as you see them, is that correct?

Luckily I'm still on the early parts of Kingsmouth so I should be okay regardless of what the answer is, just want to know what I should be doing moving forward.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

When I played TSW originally, I enjoyed the theory crafting aspect of it, and I liked the story well enough but wasn't super into it. When I got to the black house however that was the turning point for me that really just made me realize how much effort they put into the atmosphere of the game and started to enjoy the game exponentially more when I started paying attention to the smaller details, like the filthy enemies rambling like people mentioned.

The game definitely has a slew of problems, but one thing that I think I can confidently say TSW/SWL does better than any other MMO I have played (and places relatively high for video games overall) is the amount of detail they put in to really sell their setting and nail the atmosphere they were aiming for. Someone who posted above me (I'm on mobile and also lazy :colbert: ) described it perfectly. Not scary, but unnerving.

When the door closes on you in the black house I legitimately panicked (in TSW anyway) because I was under geared and actually felt like I was fighting for my life to get out of that room.

I also really liked the Freeborn missions, the graphics in this game aren't the best but I love how they manipulated the engine to achieve a surreal as hell environment in the last mission. I didn't really get to do any of the other issues the first time around so I'm hoping they're just as good as the Freeborn one.

Anyway I'll shut up now.

SkullMuffinz fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 17, 2017