Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ground floor on this terrible idea. Loved the original release but this one.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
A) I'm on board if they got rid of the lovely faction missions like the lovely parking garage.

A2) I'm back off board if this means I am unable to acquire a functional mining helmet I can wear anywhere in hilarious and occasionally useful fashion.

2) You might dig for the old initial details posts about what transfers and what doesn't with Legends and jam them into the OP.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not explicitly. They combo, but only because you used your other ability after you used your initial one. The most you can hope for is one adding a status to a mob and then another proc'ing off of it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Sorry i meant...is it like gw1 where I can have sword moves and elementalist spells on my skill bar at the same time, or like gw2 where if you have a sword out you do sword skills and you have to switch away to scepter for a different set of scepter skills?

The former.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You haven't played the original release have you?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They also sometimes have fun mechanics!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Nicholas Cage asks you to get him orange juice to make homemade napalm.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Holy poo poo. I just realized I don't even remember where I got my mining helmet in TSW.

The mines on Soloman Island or some place in the Egypt city maybe?

Well I suppose that apart from a couple missions it's not going to be a big deal. Definitely a big deal in those Roman ruins beneath London though.

Pretty sure I have two for some reason.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are achievements finally going to loving be account-based?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The only insane part of that is the fact that he thought the original game's character creation was one of the initial release's best features.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This is especially painful because they're asking us to trade in our old, fully-featured, not-very-grindy-in-the-long-run game for one where we're treated almost just as bad as the F2P scum and have to dump hundreds of hours into stuff we've already done multiple times to get a fraction of stuff we've already had for years.

This is an insulting loving slap in the face so far.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
From what I understand, you get the WEAPONS for free, but the abilities are still a grind.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

novaSphere posted:

Well yeah, it's still a grind but you'll save some time since each page unlock becomes increasingly more expensive. A free bonus is a free bonus :shrug:

We get a couple more crumbs for our head start on making a loaf of bread.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
1) Do I get rewards for other people doing it? Like just for overall community progress?

2) If not, how do I get all the rewards without actually doing all the work that comes with lovely ARGs?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Richard M Nixon posted:

I don't think we know how it works yet. It seems to keep your progress with a cookie, so I'm assuming that once everything is unlocked you just go through all the phases and get a key to enter. It suggests that you get all nine weapons, which is cool.

Not to us it's not....

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
As players of the original game we already get that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's the problem with these ridiculously restrictive caps. They see it as incentivising you into paying money when you want to play more or get more content, but (and this is especially true of those of us who have been playing the original game) it looks like a punishment for wanting to play more of their game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
loving lol at the bans.

Can someone tell me what/how this arg poo poo works? I get in game weapons or lore for this or what? What do I have to do?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
When is the Steam release again?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You have autoplay on?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's not how grenades work.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If Joel was still there we could make A Star Wars prequels comparison. Or maybe we couldn't because it wouldn't be as bad???

e: Watching videos and the reticle combat looks like a MESS in mob combat. Trying to focus fire looks very difficult now.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

BabyFur Denny posted:

I really wish there was a respec of some kind. I'd even pay money for it.

Don't loving say that too loud. Though I'm floored, considering how nickel and dime they've been, that it isn't already an option to pay money for.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's not that they mask their premium purchases, it's that they aggressively hamstring anyone who doesn't play ball. I know that's the whole point of F2P and indeed how the model makes money, but this seems far worse than most of the ones I've seen or played. And those are usually the successful ones that last more than a month.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I did the link-redeem thing on the site but a friend is saying I also need to download the game and play it to get the weapons/character slots/cosmetic unlocks. I'd rather wait for the Steam release to see if this gets un-hosed but I can't afford to miss this poo poo. Anyone have confirmation?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

ImpactVector posted:

If bandwidth isn't an issue you might want to just hop in once to make a character in case they gently caress up and give out free stuff again.

I took my laptop to my folks' tonight and I guess it's not my bandwidth I should be concerned with. The launcher is downloading at 20 kb/s.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Meallan posted:

You need to play and get to the first zone (kingsmouth) to be able to claim the items. There is a time limit for when you can link the accounts, but I don't know if you're only "safe" after you claim the items to your characters.

Anyway, don't quote me on this but I heard the limit is in August.

I mean, I've already linked accounts, but my friend is paranoid about me not getting them and despite no evidence to support that claim, :funcom:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Thursday Next posted:

Yeah, I'm going to re-roll. I wasn't loving my abilities anyway. And I freaking love Kingsmouth / Savage Coast. That amusement park is legit creepy.

Just wait 'til you learn its backstory!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I assume it's too late for me to look up answers and get that poo poo.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Neverwinter had the same thing but killed it because it sucked.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Alright, linked my account and made it to the sheriff's office, still missing my wardrobe. What do I do?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Len posted:

I had to log out and back in

Not only did this not work, but their client still crashes on close. Holy loving poo poo. Guess I'll contact their chat, oh, it's not open until noon.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mercurius posted:

Have you actually opened delivered items and clicked the 'claim TSW vanity' button yet? The instructions are a bit garbage and it's the thing I've seen people miss pretty much every time they've complained about not having their stuff.

Yes, but it was hosed. It's fixed now. I had to claim it, log out, log in, it wasn't there, I couldn't claim it. Close the client. Log in again, reclaim it (it showed up again), and THEN I had everything. I'm guessing I just hit some extraordinarily bad lag spike or something and the initial claim got swallowed. Maybe. Who loving knows with this loving game...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If you even knew there was a choice you're apparently above a lot of people.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are the new mechanics/controls console-friendly? Seems like a place they could make some quick bucks.

e: Obviously some of the investigation missions would need reworking or just plain dropping, but other than that.....

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Len posted:

Pretty much? It probably wouldn't hit a console though since they never even officially made it Win8+ compatible

It's mostly just me being :tinfoil: but I could easily see them having done a lot of this relaunch with that in mind.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
XP farming as in grinding or.....?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait, you haven't been banned there yet? Thanks for loving up my bet!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

http://jobs.funcom.com/

I have been checking in on their job openings page because it is more informative about Funcom than anything they release as community updates. Everyone they are looking for is for UE4 which they are trying to somehow intergrate into their Dreamworld Engine like Frankenstien's monster. Still have not seen a single dedicated person for SWL team and for some strange reason they are still posting Conan Exiles openings.

What makes you say this? I imagine they're just hiring for the Exiles team since it runs on UE4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That sounds like more work than just jumping to UE4.