Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Do faces look less awful than they used to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Mercurius posted:

To expand on the reasoning the fog is an airborne strain of the filth. It's infected literally everything (including the drinking water supply) and everyone who has breathed the air since it rolled in on Solomon Island is eventually going to turn into filth monsters and kill and infect those who hadn't succumbed yet. It's kind of a neat departure from most RPGs where it's all 'you helped them and everything is back to normal and one of the things I like so much about the setting.

He's still around and I think the various immortals/bees need an absolute ton of filth exposure before they get infected so he's probably fine.

That means Carter is also likely fine, since she's a bee.

Uhhh anyway is SWL worth it if I just want to see the story again? Or do bugs/f2p stuff/etc make even that more trouble than it's worth?

Edit: And, if so, what weapons/build/whatever would be best for this? I hugely messed up my build in original TSW and had a miserable time from Transylvania onwards.

Empress Theonora fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 16, 2017

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Tallgeese posted:

I don't think Carter is a bee... just magically strong.

I haven't played in a while, obviously, but IIRC she directly mentioned swallowing a bee, warned you about the bad dreams you start getting as a bee, etc.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Len posted:

Turn your dialogue volume wayyyy up around filth infected humans

Sometimes filthy humans actually say intelligible stuff and it's more unsettling than all the screeching in the world.