Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

protip: they don't give any sort of warning or message when issuing an ip ban on the discord
lol, you doing your number one superfan bit again? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
AR Actives: Vital Shot, Leeching Ray, Anima Cannister, Anima Suffusion
Fist Actives: Wild Surge, Feral Regrowth
AR Passives: Bolstering Shot, Synergy, Permeate, Anima Stasis, Anima Dispersal

That plus the Purification Drone gadget works for me.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

jabro posted:

They should have just kept it in Maine or wherever that is and kept expanding on that region. Everywhere else sucks.
"It's just a zombie apocalypse" is a completely different and much less interesting game tbh

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The dungeons are really easy to solo in story mode, for what it's worth.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
What's your build look like? I cleared Tokyo with shotgun/hammer in tank gear but that was back at launch and they've done the big rebalance since then. You just struggling to kill things quickly enough?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I assume your build has changed at some point between Kingsmouth and Tokyo or is it the same as in the last video you put out? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I can't remember the Beaumont fight too well (and it's not one I can easily redo in game) but he's not casting some kind of power move when the dogs come out or anything is he?

edit: this was one of the few bits in TSW where I had to take over my wife's account to get her past and she thinks he might be casting a big spell at this point too

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 29, 2021

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
What does your blood build look like currently? There's an ability that resets your corruption level and heals you iirc.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Congrats!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That's the one bit of the game I couldn't do if you put a gun to my head lol, the solution just slides off my brain every time. I used to grind it with a mate in TSW and I had to pester him for help in SWL :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, you have to cliffstrafe up the side of the pyramid and it just feels so janky and unintended. As for cost of magic, jumping in the relaunch feels way better than it was in the original game - I couldn't tell you what, if anything, was changed but I personally had way less trouble with any of the platforming.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Dungeons are 5 man for the level 50 elite versions in SWL but only 3 man for the story mode versions, which are largely soloable depending on your level and gear.

Judgement posted:

I barely remember that mission yet still have this visceral memory of it being awful and broken to the point where you had to do it in a very specific way or the whole thing broke; something to do with crafting an item I think? It's been a while since I've played, but the overall impression I have of the game's missions are just how uneven they are. Especially in the content added after release, for every Tyler Freeborn there's...well, that time travel thing. You get The Ankh and Polaris, but you also get that one Hell dungeon just to drag you back down again. Even the investigation missions can be like that, I remember most being diabolical but still possible to puzzle out but there were a few that felt like the designers came up with the solution first and then worked backwards so you had to make some extremely wild leaps of logic to even know how you're supposed to approach the puzzle, let alone solve it.

Still looking forward to replaying it soon, if it isn't finally shut down by the time I get around to it. I love the atmosphere, setting and (the majority of) the storytelling.
The crafting in the roman city time travel mission is notoriously janky and the mission in general is absolute piss of the "guards who one-shot you" variety. I can't think of any investigation missions that have the problem you describe though, my main complaint with them is once you reach Transylvania they gradually forgo puzzles in exchange for jpegs of text for you to retype into google translate - the worst of which is the one in Kaidan where the intent is that you do origami to work out where the next clue is but it also requires you to translate from Japanese, which (aside from being a ballache to do with google) renders the origami pointless because you don't need to create a full sentence when you see the words for "tree", "glowing" and "loving massive" and guess the next location :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah but the version in the time travel mission regularly eats the parts or just flat out refuses to combine :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Sekenr posted:

One theory is
It launched with the classic mmo "pay for the game and a monthly subscription" model in 2012, which was years past the point where it was obvious to even the most casual observer that wow was the only game that could still get away with that :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm pretty sure the ability the second boss in darkness war uses to sacrifice adds was called "blood for the blood dog" originally :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Pretty sure parts of it are read out on a radio in London too.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

FrostyPox posted:

....You're right. My brain immediately went to Cannibal Corpse -> Other Metal Band :negative:
I once saw an argument break out online over whether the phrase "Hallowed be thy Name" was a reference to the Lord's Prayer or the Iron Maiden song :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
And if grinding up to the highest elite tiers is your thing, get on the official discord and make some friends - I haven't been on in a while but there's always been a group of die hard fans doing that stuff and I'd imagine they're still playing :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
How have you had the same twitter account since 2009? I go through about four a year :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
We do indeed live in a society, etc :v:

As much as we all wanted this game to live forever, anyone with sense knew it was doomed as soon as they heard the phrase "subscription MMO" in 2012.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

theflyingorc posted:

My dude i literally was a programmer on secret world legends and age of Conan
Bold of you to accept the blame like this :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I hate to break it to you but if someone bought the licence and did a proper reboot, that would also be a "cash grab" because :capitalism:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

I reinstall and run Ankh every now and then
It seems there is a problem with your short term memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
They're headed for their third stretch goal already and it looks like all the expensive vanity tiers (get fan art of your character in the book etc) have sold out. The game always had die-hards with money to spend though, just never enough of them :v: