Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do the weapons/abilities combo or interact with each other? Like is the assassin a magic swordman who casts spells with or between attacks, or a swordman who can switch weapon to then be a mage but no sword?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Sorry i meant...is it like gw1 where I can have sword moves and elementalist spells on my skill bar at the same time, or like gw2 where if you have a sword out you do sword skills and you have to switch away to scepter for a different set of scepter skills?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Great, making up character concepts in these games tends to be fun. Shame about no pistols/fists gun kata starting class but a bunch of those combos look neat. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You haven't played the original release have you?

Nope! I remember thinking the urban fantasy/horror setting is interesting but didn't get it - probably because monthly fees? And I seem to remember something about grouping/optimal rotations being kind of a thing? And then it just kind of fell of my radar until now.

I don't much care for dungeons, raids and the usual mmo stuff so this revival with it's re-branding to action rpg with occasional multiplayer seems to be pretty much aimed at casuals like me, who just want to play dress up, explore the stories, and blow up demons /zombies / Cthullu for a couple of weeks/months.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Guess I'll see how they do them. If it's dungeon finder/puggable "just grab 5 randoms and have fun" kind then sure. If it's 30 mins of spamming lfg healer then getting kicked because of my gearscore or the like I'll stick to questing. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Lawlicaust posted:

There's now a 3 person story-mode for dungeons that doesn't really require a trinity. It's basically face roll to see the story.

That's exactly my thing then, glad to hear. I had some fun with the dungeons in gw2 (no trinity either) before most of runs became zerk only speed runs too.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Lawlicaust posted:

If you've never played TSW before, then play this until you finish the story. Spend no money on the game, don't get sucked into the endgame or any of the grind. Just play the story and be done.

Which class seems to be the best suited for just doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gave it a try and don't think I'll be sticking around. Everything just looks so cheap and dated, the combat and movement are too floaty, the ui isn't intuitive at all.

Don't really see this attracting many new players, and since veterans seem likewise unimpressed I wonder who this re-launch is for.