Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

thwoompa posted:

Don't forget some of the finest bugs out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGlolYT_VY

That definitely qualifies as a feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I have that bike in TSW. Does that mean it transfers? GOTY if so.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Just FYI for any Gmail users: the beta invite gets filtered to the promotions tab (which I never check).

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I haven't looked into what the real world costs are, but I honestly don't mind paying a little real money to skip grinding, as long as it's not exorbitant. I pay for character level boosts and XP boosts in other games.

Funcom has been surprisingly responsive (i.e. slightly responsive where they were expected to be not at all) to correcting some of the terrible things in the beta, so I think it will just need a little time to tweak. I'll create my character at launch and then play super casually while the kinks are worked, then dive in when it's better. Like I did with SWTOR, which turned out fine.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Requesting an invite as Malrubius por favor.

Also, just how does one play the aurum market? Is it too late, or is there still some profit left?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Last night Aurum hit the 300 mark cap. For about 2 minutes it lasted and there was a nice 150+ mark gap between the buy orders and the sell orders. I took my meager starting wallet of 5k marks and turned it into 50k. And then the undercutting started:

I made my profit so I can't really complain, but :ughh:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It's very expensive (i.e. time consuming) to level weapons now, so yes, you can choose other weapons later, but you're better off selecting something you actually want to play and sticking with it. Otherwise you're going to spend a lot of time grinding to be able to swap to something else.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Man, I guess I just caught the beginning of this currency thing before I went to bed. I should have stayed up and traded more, unless it's actually rolled back in which case...

I'm glad I slept through it. Goondolences for anyone that put effort into this.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Either get a different weapon from a random drop or buy one off the AH when it's back online. Assuming you have all weapons unlocked through your legacy transfer. PVP matches poo poo drops and are probably the fastest return per minute.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
PvP reward bags give anima shards if you're running low. Please queue, it will make everyone happy.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Drinkfist posted:

The problem being is that everyone and everything that made the story enjoyable five years ago is loving gone.

Didn't they say a long time ago that the second season (or whatever the next several issues would have been) and most of the third had already been written? I wonder how badly they could flub implementing those story lines.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Lawlicaust posted:

Chaos probably has better damage reduction late game but you have a incredible amount of damage and defense with Hammer/Shotgun.

You mean chaos/hammer or chaos/shotgun for late game?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

malhavok posted:

How can i recover my pw for this thing if i don't remember my account name? drat thing doesn't have an email option.

http://help.funcom.com

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
A lot of people talking about stacking full health talismans as a tank now. I guess aggro is easier to hold in SWL so attack isn't necessary? If health is so important, would the weapon suffixes of restoration or recovery be best, or stack full protection with warding?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Well, my account has been suspended for an unknown reason, for an unknown duration. On reddit there are complaints about being banned for farming xp in groups. I wasn't doing any of that, but also shame on Funcom for banning people because of flaws in their game design. Of course support is backed up two weeks. No email explaining why. I've spent a lot of money in TSW over the years, am currently paying monthly for patron in SWL. Trying to be positive about the relaunch, but about to join the "gently caress Funcom" camp pretty soon here and take my money elsewhere.

Probably should have done that a long time ago.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
They seem incapable of discerning when someone exploits, or when they accidentally gain extra XP from their bad code by just playing the game. I did group up a few times to down elites, chain ran dungeons to spend all my keys back to back. As a patron I earn double AP/SP anyway, but I guess this was just too much and it caught their xp per hour filter or something. It sounds like most people got emails saying they were banned for X days for exploiting XP, but I've received nothing. I'm mostly pissed because I'm paying for a sub that I can't access. If I was doing f2p I'd probably just shrug and move on to the next game.

Don't pay for patron, folks.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
The ARG is about to end on 7/28: https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6pps9l/kiss_of_the_revenant_ending_july_28/

Find a guide and spend 30 seconds to get free loot. Or try to solve it yourself if you've got a couple of hours to kill before it's over.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
They finally un-suspended my account. I had asked them to run logs on my character so it would be clear I was just playing the game normally and any exploit was accidental, but they couldn't confirm one way or the other so the terms for having the account restored was a character wipe to ensure I didn't keep any potential ill-gotten gains. I don't know if they are unable to run logs, or don't have time, but either way I'm back just in time for Flappy.

Edit: back in MAGA, thanks!

Ossipago fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 4, 2017

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Maybe the exact same event they had before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUBM_ioGj9s

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

This is the kind of price difference we're talking about. If you're just starting out buying normal, non fancy dungeon gear then buy the 3 pip for nearly the same price as lesser gear and roll on. You'll have better survivability and kill things faster with 3 pip for almost the exact same price. Not dying and killing things faster is a time saver. The first sprint upgrade is 2500 which is more than the price difference between a full set of 2 vs 3 pip gear. The first bag upgrade is 7500. But it doesn't really matter because after 2 days of dailies you can buy it all anyway.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Prices on the aurum exchange are creeping higher each week. Increased demand, or (I'm guessing) decreased supply?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Tanking elites makes me miss tab targeting. My old eyes don't so so well with rapidly aiming the reticle one by one through a cluster of mobs that all blur into each other. Maybe I just need to get skilled, but are there any good tanking addons for this?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Meallan posted:

So you guys mean the seven silences mission? If so that was a mission you could only do during Halloween, yes.

It was Halloween only: http://legacy.tswdb.com/events/samhain#the-seven-silences-%96-samhain-2015 (don't read if you haven't done it, they'll likely bring it back next year and it's worth doing spoiler free)

I hope they do as in TSW and layer on new missions each year in addition to the old. Halloween is the best holiday in TSW and by 2016 it was chock full of content.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
This patch is cool and good.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
The patch notes mention two of the Blajini vendors in Agartha are missing...

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
New story content coming in Q1 2018 based on latest financial report: http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/Funcom_3Q17_report.pdf

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
http://legacy.tswdb.com/lore/seasonal-lore/krampusnacht

Still valid.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

New zone tease. Also, supposedly they've hired the original writer back for the story content.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Short video previewing the agent system: https://www.facebook.com/secretworldlgds/videos/10156249652931941/

I hope it's a venue for the writer they re-hired to do some micro stories. That'd be cool...to have on the side while playing new story content. Which we still haven't had any updates on.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

theflyingorc posted:

caused by putting one function inside a loop instead of outside

This is my worst nightmare, and I don't even work on client facing products.

Jandipoo posted:

So the Agent system is basically garrison missions?

But with better writing. We hope.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I mean, I really enjoy Fallen London and it's literally nothing more than text based missions. If the quality is good enough it works.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
For an intern led marketing effort it's not bad.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
At least the mission is appropriately named.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Having done a few agent missions now I find the stories and the writing to be...underwhelming? Whatever the old writer was hired back for wasn't this. It's good writing for an intern though.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Sekenr posted:

For some reason next video that started to load was called "how old is too old for one night stands??"

Youtube selects the "up next" video based on several factors, including your history. My next video was for a battlegrounds kill cam.

I'm stoked about the mere idea of new content but this looks a little too on the nose, and also not what I would have picked to stir up player interest given the wealth of plot threads they could choose to pick up (or better yet, do something entirely new). I guess it's whatever was easiest to slap together on a shoestring. I would have thought all the Conga content would have been simpler to finish, but oh well.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
That mob and its adds are some of the worst, and really oddly placed. I doubled back and did when I was overgeared. There's probably a lot of other people who'd love to group up for it if you ask in chat.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Tallgeese posted:

you could only get if you spent 15 bucks on The Park.

I bought The Park for $2 from a reseller just for the TSW items and thought it was worth it.

You're really going to buy the collector's edition for the cosmetics, a piece of BIS gear is just gravy.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Len posted:

Like during whichever Christmas event it is that KG is getting drunker and drunker it would be cool to see what's going on elsewhere.

IIRC the Templar version is your handler getting drunk and misinterpreting your messages as sexting. Would be nice to compare how our factions are when they drink.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the templar handler is the only one who is ever completely sober

Now that I think about it, it was Dame Julia being drunk and using the handlers phone. Sonnac would never not be sober. Templars are basically the DD of the Secret World. You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I thought the purpose of the keys was to get shards?