Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Game "sounds" amazing. Never played the first one, but if this one is F2P I may as well. Not a lot of MMOs in a modern setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

As a person who has kind of struggled with Action Combat MMOs in the past, how bad is this game. Last one I tried was Neverwinter and it was meh. Well, that and there was an annoying bug where my Paladin would raise his shield like a Guardian and not trigger the aura. Tanking was less intuitive for me in an action combat setting.

How does this game handle such things?

Either way I'll be there on release, FREE GAME!

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Are cabals based on faction? If so, are we going to all pile in one or will there be multiple faction-based cabals?

Never played before so I thought I would ask.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Lawlicaust posted:

Cabals are now cross-faction. Funcompetence was blocked last time I tested it.

Yay cross-faction. Boo name blocking!

Haven't played a FunCom game since Anarchy Online, and I was there for the "LoL Killer" Bloodline: Champions. Never did play TSW. From the sound of it, some things never change.

Didn't catch onto TSW until it became B2P, and a lot of folks were telling me not to bother at that point.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Glad I never played the first one so I won't realized how hosed up and Asian this game is compared to the original.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

I want to play before the summer OT at work starts to hit hard, but it's not out till the end of the month. Stupid beta!

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Lawlicaust posted:

Some people on the beta forums did the math for time required to max weapons in SWL. 160 AP not counting capstones. 30k per AP. At a rate of 8 Carpathian Fangs missions that reward around 8k each, it will take 7 months per weapon to max each new weapons actives. Passives take a little longer.

Buying that 160 AP from the cash shop would be around 5500 Aurum which would cost 300 MoF each at the maximum exchange rate. So about 1.5m marks. Which is roughly 100 days. So it currency takes less time to grind out cash shop currently to buy AP than to get it from quests.

Well, I was going to post a lovely grinder meme, but apparently grinders mean something different nowadays.

Holy poo poo though.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Lawlicaust posted:

So I realized reading my post that it was unclear and going back to edit it. As it reads now it sounds like 7 months for all actives. How it should read is 7 months per weapon. So years of dailies. And much longer for passives.

Would you like to supersize that?

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Cool, so it's going to be like Neverwinter and I can stockpile loot boxes I never intend to open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Capntastic posted:

http://www.mmorpg.com/puzzle.cfm

Low-effort tie-in ARG but with in-game rewards, give it a shot I guess. It's ongoing apparently, I was only able to solve the first two.

I literally have no idea what the gently caress is going on. I could hardly understand the man who I can only assume is the ghost of David Carradine.