Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DancingShade posted:

Thing of dirt. Where will you go when the sky hates you?

I really liked the nameless.

My problem was just with the mechanics of the fight. It felt more raid-boss-like than I was comfortable with. Also, I failed a bunch of times, which never improves my mood. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Why can't they make the eyeball outfit available to male characters? :bahgawd:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

StashAugustine posted:

Okay. Is it feasible to solo them?

I've soloed the first two dungeons without too much difficulty. Although the second one made me nervous enough at times that I've put off the third.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

You also have to ask "should I?" because while you can solo a few dungeons it probably won't be fun. It's like soloing the world bosses designed for 5 I can but it's miserable and unfun.

Yeah, the last two in Hell Rising were not fun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brave New World posted:

* Always click every dialogue option in the blue bubbles until you get a green check for each topic. It really fleshes out each character, and the setting in general. If "fleshing out each character" is stupid poo poo, then uninstall immediately and play something you'll like better.

:agreed:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Nassir is the best.

Absolutely the best.

The first time I did the Last Train to Cairo questline, after the time-travel bit it said "find the boldest driver in the desert", and I didn't have to think twice. :allears:

(I think it said "boldest", although it might have been "fastest".)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

Hahahaha

No new dungeons until next year. Halloween event is just the Cat God from 2012

I think the last thing I spent time doing in the previous Secret World was Christmas -- the stuff with Mozart. They have some fantastic events/quests in this game.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Exmond posted:

I can't remember, what is the Christmas event in TSW?

I recall fighting a giant tv golem in Kaidan.

Die Zauberflöte!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I do wish it were easier to build up multiple weapon skills in the new game. Sometimes I just get tired of shooting people with my rifle. :saddowns:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

I agree with this and making it easier to change weapons is something we're looking at. No ETA on that, though.

Heck, in the first game, I had to switch to new weapons once I got to Tokyo. I got my rear end kicked so badly, I may not have made it out of the park for a week before finally giving in and getting a sword-based build. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fantastic Flyer posted:

It may be that Philip Marquard is able to suppress/nullify anima abilities at the compound--he's supposedly become pretty powerful, after all.

I'm always worried that somebody else finds out about the smoke thing from the train mission. It makes bees placid. :ohdear: