Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Lawlicaust posted:

I haven't gotten to test much other than the starters due to the frequent wipes and the time it takes to unlock and level others. Blade, Hammer, and Shotgun are all really fun weapons and any combination of them would be good. You can actually get away with a blade only build that works really well (because of the special effect of blade). Blood was interesting for people who like casters. I liked AR when it was the first weapon I played but after playing any other weapon I can't recommend it any more. Chaos is interesting but I didn't do a lot of testing there. Pistols seems strong with all the debuffs so Pistol/Hammer, Pistol/Blade, or Pistol/Chaos will probably be strong dps builds.

And yes the outfits are still in.

Fist is similar to Blade in it requiring a lot of hotbar real estate. You can pretty much run all Fist abilities with some low-micro secondary, such as Shotgun/Hammer/Chaos, so you have something to dump while you're waiting on Fist resource. The Fist special effect lasts way too short though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Exmond posted:

June 26th it launches , you will need to download client from the main website.
July ???? it launches on steam, you can grab it there.

July 31 on Steam

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's kind of too early to tell but there's a bunch of gear with different levels of stats and special effects/procs on them at least, so some of the customization is being offloaded onto equipment grind instead of mixing and matching passives. I don't think there's any passive ability with any synergy with another weapon and most of the time it's easier to go 90% into your primary weapon and just use your secondary for an alternate consumer. There's way fewer total combinations possible but probably way more viable options? Since most people just ran all those stacking % damage buffs anyway.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Len posted:

I never understood that. "Oh well I made a typo. Instead of fixing it let's just advertise it and move on :downs:"

TSW people are some of the smartest dumb people I've ever encountered

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

That's what the initial launch is a month before it comes out on Steam :q:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

As stupid as everything is, I still find SWL in its current state more fun to play than TSW, but I'm also a broken man who likes grinds and spending time on incremental upgrades. Plus if you already owned TSW you're supposed to get all the weapon pages unlocked for free, which should save a fuckload of time and tokens.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

From what I understand, you get the WEAPONS for free, but the abilities are still a grind.

Well yeah, it's still a grind but you'll save some time since each page unlock becomes increasingly more expensive. A free bonus is a free bonus :shrug:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Beta's officially over, that's why you can't log in.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

So I know it's like 3 days until the head start so clearly this is a late rant, but I gotta say I'm really not feeling how weapon resources work.

In longer fights it felt like it causes breaks in the flow of combat where I felt stuck and needing to resort to weak-feeling basic attacks; where I only use the attacks out of necessity because my energy needs to recharge. This is especially apparent when I want to use special attacks that manipulate the weapon gimmick, like ele's cold attacks or pistol's Mulligan. I feel like I'm not rewarded enough for what I consider 'intelligent' use of these abilities to set myself up for a good damage dump, because usually by the time I'm in a position to best utilize these special abilities, my resources are dry. I have to start staggering basic and power attacks to keep damage going (or keep spamming basic attacks until energy has recharged).

What if the more RNG-centric gimmicks gave you a little bit of extra energy when they proc, or have the special abilities that help set up dumps not cost energy, or something like that? There's already something kind of like that with Fist with the talent that returns 4 energy after a frenzy, which makes managing energy way more interesting to me.

I have zero data to back my feelings up, but it just feels awkward and bad, especially for dungeon bosses that take more than 18 or 31 seconds to finish. I just don't understand the intended "flow" of combat in SWL, and while I like a lot of the changes, at least it was easy to settle into a rotation in TSW compared to SWL. I don't even want to imagine how lovely raids are going to feel like with the way things are right now.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Patron levels are no longer mentioned on the FAQ and they were never in the beta so I assume they're cut.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Hah, okay. There used to be another section about Patron Level and that was removed.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Trade restrictions were to stop asiamans farming stuff I think, but I don't think it would have actually stopped them

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Considering I did lose some clothes in my first conversion from TSW to SWL, I'm really not crazy about giving another conversion a go.

From what I gather you're just linking your SWL account to Steam, nothing else changes other than the fact you launch and pay from Steam instead

Anything you were missing before will stay missing even on Steam :v: (until they're fixed)

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Yeah it worked for me in the pre-Steam client. The "subscribe now" screen still pops up but the pay button just makes the window go away and nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure it's a fuckup with how my account is set up in their database and I'll get a response to my email in a month or two, long after I stop caring.

Turn on Steam Overlay

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Len posted:

Ah sorry thought you were in the "this is a bad thing" camp since the Discord gives off that vibe.

"A hat dropped? The sky is falling" has been a core behavioral reaction of TSW players since the beginning, to be fair

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's still missing Manufactory A/B as well as Elite versions of a few of the dungeons.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

TSW's original NM Dungeons were honestly some of my favorite content in an MMO, as buggy and rife with exploits as they were. I stopped playing TSW as much before Manufactory came out so I can't speak to their quality on NM, but I heard they're tough. Also gently caress Aegis

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Sekenr posted:

Didn't it work for them for a while financially with issues and cosmetics shop?

TSW's story content was incredibly expensive to produce and every Issue was made at a loss. The only thing that actually made money were those cosmetic bags. South Africa, as far as I know, suffered the same fate - expensive as hell and made no money.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Anyone that claims they were banned just for 'giving feedback' was likely doing anything but, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Entering your email into the lost password site sends you the username, entering the username sends you a temp password for that account (site only, not the game)

If you still can't log in then :shrug: