Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Solomon keeps myself entertained because it just has so drat many little threads hanging about. You've got deep backstory on EVERYTHING and it seems like each little bit of the map, outside of maybe the very beginning, has a billion different things going on. Missing soldiers, haunted theme parks, evil hillbilly wizards, Illuminati Hogwarts, Nordic mythology, demonic invasions and Native American spirit magic. Every bit of that makes total sense in the world and you slowly you realize that all of that might have a weird connection or it's all just random separate instances and that at the end of the day neither means anything. If any fiction manages a solid Everything Is True claim, it's the damned Secret World.
'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I want my Congo zone with Filth infected T-Rexes and poo poo like we were promised. There is a deep well down there and it certainly helped the Morninglight.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I've gotta admit I found Moons a fair bit more entertaining than The Park, it's a bit slow in parts but it feels like an actual game as opposed to the walking simulator that The Park was. Sure you're still walking around doing menial poo poo and solving fairly simple puzzles but when the scares happen they've been pretty solid and the atmosphere is fantastic. Also the story hits all the right spots for me, it's very heavy into TSW lore, the Filth features prominently and there are tons and tons of references. If you don't want to give Funcom cash than pass on it but if you like TSW as a setting it's worth a shot. Took me about 6 hours to beat it, ending was a bit iffy but it was a fun ride.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Ugh, why did this game have such good writing and such terrible terrible support.

It could've been beautiful, it never would have been a star but it could've been our MMO Disco Elysium.