Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I didn't get into the beta but I'll check it out on release to see how it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Alexander DeLarge posted:

See you guys in a week (not my internet, their awful download speeds)

restart the launcher if you haven't already, that fixed my download speed. But I also did the preload when it posted earlier.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

The subscribe is the gold bee icon next to the menu in the top-left.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

SkullMuffinz posted:

Sorry if this was already answered earlier, but I didn't see this specific issue after browsing the thread.

I tried launching TSW and it just launched SWL instead. I checked my files and they're still in two separate folders, but I can't seem to find the launcher for the original game.

Anyone have any suggestions, or maybe I'm missing something obvious? Thanks for any help.

There are instructions here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSecretWorld/comments/6j3vg2/psa_change_the_localconfigxml_if_you_want_to_play/?st=J4AW9B7T&sh=b10f62f5

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

can I get an invite as Splat.

Oh 2 more character slots showed up today.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Sedisp posted:

Suck on authenticating with the character server after I put in my password. So much for hoping I could play at all tonight :(

I'm having same problem.

edit: I got in.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 26, 2017

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

PST posted:

Is the whole 'transfer your character from TSW broken?'

I did it the other day and there's no character there, and the option to do it from the account screen has vanished.

It's not a character transfer. It's more like transfer cosmetics and veteran/lifetime status.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress they need to cut the essence drops out of the dungeons and just go pure real loot and then increase all boss damage and hp by at least 30% to make this not boring. (Although these same dungeons have been around for 5 years and I don't know if they will ever be fun for me again.)

I did that dungeon in Savage Coast this morning with 2 randoms. They spent most of it talking about how getting essence drops from the boss chests was better for the game because it made the item drops more valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm a few quests into savage coast and hating that I took blood magic. The corruption mechanic doesn't make sense and the self-damage is getting really annoying.