Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I was having an okay time with this game until I realized contacts were level limited. I dunno, maybe it opens up later, but being shuttled around to each contact in kingsmouth one at a time infuriates me, and I'm not sure why. I guess it's another loss of choice on top of the rest.

edit:

yegods posted:

Even the skill system is better, since it is not made for sperglords. I could never make heads or tails of the old skill system, and had to look up a "proper" build on the internet -- not a great thing to have to do.

It's you. You're the lowest common denominator developers are talking about when they simplify for "accessibility." You are the reason everything ends up like yet another warcraft clone. You honestly couldn't understand the skill system? really? You're not just being hyperbolic? Are you just trolling? It was literally "mash a key until you build up a resource and then hit the ability that uses the resource." With the added complexity of "some weapons can use the status effects other weapons generate for additional bonuses."

I'm not a big fan of number crunchy theory-craft and optimal builds and poo poo, I tend towards "abilities that do cool things" rather than worry too much about whether or not my build is achieving maximum dps- but even I managed to figure out the loving skill wheel.

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Fruits of the sea posted:

I've been doing quests in the Savage Coast that are several levels too high for me. Do you mean you can't talk to people?

Yeah. It runs you around to each npc in line, and the others are locked. You can talk to them but not get quests until you reach X level. I realize I could just grind the levels out, but holy poo poo is that a complete step back from before, where you could get quests from anyone at any time. Again, its just another way they've removed options- and a comparatively small one, if i'm being honest, but it just makes me feel limited. Like, "oh, I guess I'll just follow your path then." They should take a page from all the korean grind fests and add a "GO TO QUEST MARKER" button so you don't even have to move your character around yourself.

I do not understand how anyone could ever think "You know what would make this game better? LESS. Let's just dial everything back to LESS than before. There's just too much freedom. Too many character options. We really want to limit everything, that'll make it way better."

I uninstalled today. The whole time I was logged in I felt like I was playing with the lobotomized zombie of something I used to really love. Fido still looks like my dog, but he doesn't bark anymore and he only knows two tricks, both of which are different versions of "sit."

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I miss this game and I'm very sad that the TTRPG is loving 5e.