Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
I dunno about garbage, the free lockbox key every day covers the cost of the patron status on its own if you play often enough to get most of them in the 30 days. Assuming they're $1 worth of aurum each and patron is $15 for 30 days like such things are in most games, you'd only need to play every other day for patron to be better value than buying keys outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Len posted:

Do the keys stack? Or do I get x per day and gently caress you if you want to bank them?

If it works like similar things in other games do, you can claim a key each day and they'll sit in a stack (Most games I've played that have them they stack to 100 or so?) in your inventory until you use them. But if you don't claim it on any given day, you don't get to then claim two the next day. The one you didn't claim is just gone, lost forever. Ultimately, it's mostly meant to keep you logging in each day.

On the other hand if Funcom decided to be different and do their own random thing, then who the hell knows.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
So they've said some of the more time consuming achievement rewards are going to carry over with the same achievements having new rewards in SWL. Anyone know offhand if that includes the monster hunter and/or lair raider jackets?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

I can't imagine that Patron status is permanent.

If you're a grandmaster in TSW it supposedly is, otherwise I'd imagine it's just a renamed subscription.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
I'm far more amused than I should be that there's an exploit to create millions of aurum out of thin air on day two of the headstart. With how much of this relaunch is patterned on Neverwinter, you'd think they've have taken note of that game's perpetually hosed economy due to a similar exploit and made absolutely sure it couldn't happen here.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Only one of them though, I thought? The other is still missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Geburan posted:

I don’t really get the skills at all. I’m still in Kingsmouth and the quests are really engaging, but combat is just something that I need to do to get around. Running Trickster and using Chaos for crowds and Pistols for single target. Everything melts pretty quick, but there is no real emotional engagement in the combat. Maybe I’m just over MMOs.

And what's even worse is this is the exact complaint most of the changes to the combat system were intended to solve, at least if you believe the official story.