Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, I mean, I didn't know about that scene because I've never seen this game before, I was just judging by the attitudes present in the first update.

Yes, and you assumed that was done in a mocking way, not a 100% legitimate way. I mentioned this in the Uranium thread, the Clovers of the world are racist, and garbage, but they're also clear parody hacks, to them, everything is a joke. Reborn is 100% serious it is not an attempt at parody or teasing. I'm not going to drop anymore spoilers, and I'm not sure whether the scene I'm thinking about is Reborn or Rejuvination, or some other fangame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Cooperate? Surrender the Forums you call "cooperate?"

Onmi posted:

You think a game that lets you be gender neutral that features a long scene in a later episode where one high ranking character talks all about pronouns in a 100% serious manner is going to use "LOLGAY" as an insult?

I don't know about you, but I think that's a spoiler. Either contest me or tag/hide it. I'm going to go easy this time since we're doing voting, but remember:

Bydoless posted:

There will be NO UNMARKED SPOILERS for this game in this thread, and even then keep the marked spoilers in small doses. Otherwise, this thread will be locked for either a day or until the next update depending on how bad the offense is.

Same goes for derailing this thread far from the beaten path.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Kemix posted:

Dark haired girl, Enoby, Protean Froakie This is gonna be the trainwreck that pierces the heavens isn't it?

not an empty quote

I actually quite like both the NB sprites, but this combo is what the game seems to deserve.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Bydoless posted:

I don't know about you, but I think that's a spoiler. Either contest me or tag/hide it. I'm going to go easy this time since we're doing voting, but remember:

No contest, a huge mistake on my part.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
The only good shiny recolor is the autumn Turtwig line. Everything else is garbage.

Also hoppin on the :bandwagon:
Enoby, Protean Froakie

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Onmi posted:

You think a game that lets you be gender neutral that features a long scene in a later episode where one high ranking character talks all about pronouns in a 100% serious manner is going to use "LOLGAY" as an insult?

No, but Uranium pulled something similar. Right down to the complete tonal shift from grimdark to lolgay.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm not sure if you're defending Reborn or attacking it, but either way, I think you need to sit down with a nice tall glass of chill.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Edgy shiny Snivy please.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure if you're defending Reborn or attacking it, but either way, I think you need to sit down with a nice tall glass of chill.
onmi very much needs us to know the hack with a cute pink female-only pokemon that turns into an ugly blob called Menopaws, three separate gay joke pokemon, and a literal ku klax klan pokemon, is actually really badass because they were totally doing it 'ironically', while this hack, which is insanely stupid but at least not actively hateful, is the worst thing ever

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, right, this is Onmi. Well, at least he's not threatening to kill off Froakie if we make her gay.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Endorph posted:

onmi very much needs us to know the hack with a cute pink female-only pokemon that turns into an ugly blob called Menopaws, three separate gay joke pokemon, and a literal ku klax klan pokemon, is actually really badass because they were totally doing it 'ironically', while this hack, which is insanely stupid but at least not actively hateful, is the worst thing ever

Onmi posted:

No Reborn just has one of the gym leaders pretend to be gay to protect the feelings of another gym leader and when it's revealed the latter throws themself off a waterfall.

Ah yes, not hateful at all.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

and a literal ku klax klan pokemon,

Let me guess: Fire/Ghost (so that it's weak to Dark). :rolleyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

one is dumb drama, the other is

Kay Kessler posted:

Let me guess: Fire/Ghost (so that it's weak to Dark). :rolleyes:
that's more clever than the pokemon clover guys are capable of being

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Onmi posted:

Clover is like the Goon-produced FF6 hack, it's entirely an in-joke to a bunch of goofs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

VolticSurge posted:

This is a pokemon fangame that opens with a terrorist attack. I don't know why hating on gay people would surprise anyone. Also expect hating on religion.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

one is dumb drama, the other is

that's more clever than the pokemon clover guys are capable of being

I think everyone can enjoy this pokemon though:
http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Lossolith

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Ah, right, I voted for the name, but not the Pokemon. I'll vote for player's choice, hoping you get something to completely humiliate this game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Xelkelvos posted:

I think everyone can enjoy this pokemon though:
http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Lossolith

...That's it? Of all the ways they could incorporate a Loss.jpg pokemon, that's all they could come up with?

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Of all the problems with this game already, this incomprehensible atrocity that you claim is a map is what got to me. What even is this?

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
The Non binary blonde girl and protean Froakie with Enoby for the name

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Echo Cian posted:

Of all the problems with this game already, this incomprehensible atrocity that you claim is a map is what got to me. What even is this?

What is it? It's horrifying, that's what it is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

Actually I hate Clover and find it unfunny garbage.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Onmi posted:

Because Uranium doesn't allow you to be gender-neutral and then have a gay Gym Leader whose entire schtick is "LOL MAN WEARING A SKIRT".

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I kinda feel like arguing about Reborn's inclusiveness v. hatefulness is pretty premature considering we've only been through one update.

Also, I'm still bowled over that the creator of this had her self-insert torture a man to death with a Torkoal, jesus.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

Because Uranium doesn't allow you to be gender-neutral and then have a gay Gym Leader whose entire schtick is "LOL MAN WEARING A SKIRT".

I got nothing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There was a lot of bad decisions in that first update but man, the thing that sticks out to me the most is the map design.

That's not a good looking map.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

no suggestions on the other stuff but please pick the girl with the ridiculous lion mane

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

Echo Cian posted:

I don't want to empty-quote this, but seriously, I'd appreciate some insight into the map.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There was a lot of bad decisions in that first update but man, the thing that sticks out to me the most is the map design.

That's not a good looking map.

Honestly the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that they had at least three different map designs, overwrote the old one each time they updated it, and didn't notice that the old map assets the newer one didn't touch were still in the file.

I have a strong feeling that instead of that, this was intentionally made to look like that.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Echo Cian posted:

the dig dug level that takes up the upper left quarter is what makes it

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Falathrim posted:

I don't want to empty-quote this, but seriously, I'd appreciate some insight into the map.

I did my best for you:

I don't know what the perspective is or whether that river/waterfall is a river or a waterfall. I also don't know why the map is sometimes a 4bit maze render and sometimes a 16bit side scroller background. It's a very ambitious genre-blending map I guess.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Commander Keene posted:

actually, it did. Did you forgot our dear friend PUSSYMASHER

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Cathode Raymond posted:

I did my best for you:

I don't know what the perspective is or whether that river/waterfall is a river or a waterfall. I also don't know why the map is sometimes a 4bit maze render and sometimes a 16bit side scroller background. It's a very ambitious genre-blending map I guess.

Had to try my own hand after seeing this;

Also I think Marsh Face is the Pacific Trash Vortex. Where everyone in the region will eventually end up.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tired Moritz posted:

Go with the dark hair girl. I suggest EbonyEnoby and the most goffic pokemon starter (Snivy?) Name it Dementia

edit: Not gonna lie, I actually really like the autumn Torterra shiny.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 30, 2017

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

the marsh wizard knows many secrets

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Bydoless posted:

Shinies are more common in the region of Reborn. Reborn's shinies are also more grimdark.

That is honestly the cutest thing I've seen all day. It's like a ten year old girl's idea of what dark and brooding should look like.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Stroth posted:

That is honestly the cutest thing I've seen all day. It's like a ten year old girl's idea of what dark and brooding should look like.

It looks like he's wearing Nero's jacket from DMC4.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Ometeotl posted:

...That's it? Of all the ways they could incorporate a Loss.jpg pokemon, that's all they could come up with?

Right?! I made the same observation when the Pokemon was brought up in the Uranium thread. Just off the top of my head, they could have done a three-stage evolution line with a Mega Evolution, and made each one correspond to one of the panels, and that would have been far more interesting than just slapping the meme lines on a square block. That's what makes Clover doubly offensive, not only is the humor garbage, but it's lazy garbage, so they can't even claim the "just a joke lol" defense, because jokes require effort.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Going to comment on this since it's been mostly voting posts.

anilEhilated posted:

This looks delightfully horrible. I'm not very creative so I'll leave the voting for others, but I'd like to ask - as I'm probably not the only one here who lost contact with Pokemon after Gen3, think you could do a little information writeup for the 'mons you catch/use? Something like "This horrible monstrosity is a weed pokemon that I am never going to use since it never learns any good attacks and its stats are utter poo poo."

Just got to comment that since this game seems to be using modern Pokemon move-sets and all that then by and large there won't be this sort of situation. Unlike earlier generations by this point pretty much every Pokemon will at minimum learn some STAB moves that it can use with its larger attack stat, so most anything is usable in the main game.

Of course, that doesn't mean this bad fan-game can't screw over the player in other ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Jumping on the dark-haired girl named Enoby bandwagon.

Don't care about the starter as long as we leave poor Charmander out of this crap game.

• Locked thread