Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Finally caught up with this, spent most of the morning rolling my eyes because thinking back on it, most of the ideas people wanted ("I want a Pokemon game with more adult themes! I want one where you don't have to fight gym battles! Give us a protag who isn't a ten-year-old silent prodigy!") were all done in Pokemon Colloseum.

Somehow, nobody ever actually gave enough of a flying gently caress about Colloseum, and people keep making fangames that retread similar ideas but through a mirror darkly, distorting the seeds of competency into absurdity.

At least with Reborn, basically being the headchild of a forum roleplay married to Pokemon Showdown explains why they tried... and it absolutely does explain the level of spite at play.

Antivehicular posted:

The problem is that it combines with the game's active spite towards the player to really give off the vibe that the creators favor the NPCs and are angry at the MC, maybe resentful they even have to have a player-controlled main character in their Pokemon fangame and couldn't just release a game about their pet NPCs. (I suspect this is closer to the truth than anyone is likely to admit.)

This is their sandbox and if you can't play by their rules that state first and foremost that You Suck And We Are Awesome, then you can just get the gently caress out to...we don't really care where, just not around us. Loser.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread