Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Due to a bug, they were actually immune to Ghost. Bug was their only weakness, but all 3 attacking moves there had like really low base power. Not that it would have mattered since Lick only had 20 BP.

Parasect with spore/growth/leech life was like the only hope for using Mewtwo's weakness against him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Onmi posted:

They don't run with it though, that's peoples interpretations, the other interpretations are your fighting with Wally inspired him to better himself as a trainer and pushed him to go out and see the world, not just living in a safe bubble. And with RSE/ORAS and Brendan/May it's just an example of them realizing that being a trainer isn't really their focus, at least not in the battle way. you didn't shatter their dreams by beating them. They were never competing with you.

Also Cheren is one of your childhood friends, he's absolutely NOT antagonistic towards the protagonist. I actually have never played XY so I cannot make a comment on Caleb/Serena and again, I would qualify that Blue isn't very antagonistic, he's certainly competitive, but it's very obvious he's your friend as well as your rival. It's far too much people's perceptions of the anime mixing with the limited text of the games that make people think that.

Silver is the only antagonistic rival in the series and even he lightens up.

I did play XY and Caleb/Serena do seem to be pretty bummed about how easily you own them, but I don't recall them giving up particularly. The rest of your friends seem to be hyped about how great you are rather than sad that you're better than them; pokedex kid always is impressed rather than upset that you beat him and everyone except Caleb/Serena accepts losing to you in a pokemon battle as a foregone conclusion.

• Locked thread