Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was reading through this thread, then I realized I kinda want to experience this bullshit for myself first.

I've enjoyed shittier I'm sure. (Ok, not that sure but I have a high tolerance for pokemon fangame bullshit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Onmi posted:

In case people think edgy, tryhard poo poo like Reborn is an oddity in Pokemon Fangames

No, people still don't get it.

It's an outcropping of diehard fans wanting to make games more geared to 'adult' sensibilities.
I mean even if I don't agree with it, I get it. No 20-something wants to make a fangame for 10 year olds (unless they love kids I guess).
Unfortunately none of them seem to know where 'Adult' ends and 'Grimdark edgy bullshit' begins.
And I mean 'society where open dogfighting in the streets is not only allowed, but encouraged' is fertile ground for that sort of thing.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Onmi posted:

DOTR is pretty fun though and usually the starting enemy decks are both super weak, and the main thing.

Nothing stops you from just skipping fighting cards you cannot beat and punching them in the Deck Master. And Reborn would be a helluva lot better if you could skip a fight by getting the gym leader in a headlock and giving them a noogie till they cry uncle.

Weevil is ridiculously hard for a first fight.
Luckily Kaiba's route is far more lenient.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm just waiting for when Pokemon fan game makers to just give up on the concept of 'difficulty' and just opt for 'impossible'.

Pokemon fan game where your rival has a level 100 Super Deoxys with a base 180 in every stat and your starter is a level 1 Sunkern.
Supplicants on their message boards telling people to complain about it to 'git gud'

• Locked thread