Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Catching up on the episode on demand today, I hope our guest judge finally decides to throw a bone to a singer and give them a golden buzzer. I know the show's mostly focused on all kinds of variety acts these days, but putting a singer in the live shows could really mix things up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Let's make sure the singer that gets a free ride to the live show is also a small child who could in no way do a vegas show and thus will never be allowed to win because that's totally fair to both the child and the people who lose out on that slot!

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I think the Vegas show is more of a "three night headlining in Vegas" than a full guaranteed thing nowadays, but there usually is some sort of contract that follows anyway.

Laverne Cox is the guest judge tonight. We allegedly have a stacked show tonight, but if the singer gets the golden buzzer again, I'm out.

Also, there are 20 acts competing for seven spots, just in case you forgot.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Laverne Cox is a horsefucker.

Are we seriously getting more than half the spots going to singing acts tonight?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Somewhere there are people watching this hyper obese pole dancer and going "see, healthy at any size!"

She'll be dead before she's 50.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Just watched the replay. Am uh, am I the only one that thought the comedian guy wasn't funny at all and came across like a bad Eddie Murphy impression?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Choco1980 posted:

Just watched the replay. Am uh, am I the only one that thought the comedian guy wasn't funny at all and came across like a bad Eddie Murphy impression?

I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm sure Howie loved the hell out of this.

Who is Laverne Cox and why does he or she gently caress horses?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm sure Howie loved the hell out of this.

Who is Laverne Cox and why does he or she gently caress horses?

Laverne Cox is from a series called Orange Is The New Black, and she was the guest judge this week. I'm comparing her to Mike Pence, along with the other guest judges, because they keep using their Golden Buzzers on singing acts (Tyra being the only exception this season). This is frustrating to me.

Any questions?

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Catching up on the episode on demand today, I hope our guest judge finally decides to throw a bone to a singer and give them a golden buzzer. I know the show's mostly focused on all kinds of variety acts these days, but putting a singer in the live shows could really mix things up!

every week, forever

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Choco1980 posted:

I just watched the episode and yeah that was loving dire. Ha ha ha disabled people amirite! But not just that, it wasn't even funny on an offensive level.

Of course Howie loved it.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Get ready, last of the recorded shows before the lives next week. There may be some wild card acts in the live shows, so maybe an act people like will be back.

I also hear there is a singer who survived a plane crash tonight. All the judges have been letdowns so far with the golden buzzers, so I don't expect much from Seal.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I guess Seal and Heidi made up.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Yeah, this isn't creepy.

e:

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Catching up on the episode on demand Watching the episode live today, I hope our guest judge finally decides to throw a bone to a singer and give them a golden buzzer. I know the show's mostly focused on all kinds of variety acts these days, but putting a singer in the live shows could really mix things up!

And yeesh, way to milk it, Seal.

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 9, 2017

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
These judges suck this year. Good night.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Welp, that Trump bit bringing in the recent speeches as jokes went over like a wet fart.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Welp, that Trump bit bringing in the recent speeches as jokes went over like a wet fart.

That guy was screwed from the beginning due to the last week. He brings it on himself of course.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Oh right, this was on. Fell asleep early and missed it. Thank god for YouTube clips, they cut out a lot of the bullshit.

Nice to see Bello back. The singers were...singers, though Christian seems likely to go home. One of the two nine year-olds will likely be cut in semis.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

How many get cut this round? Seven?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I fast forwarded through all the singers last night, as I always do, and was there really anything but singers last night? Jeez.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bello and the ventriloquist girl are great. I enjoy the two child dancers. The rest can piss off.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
GOD drat kid dancers got gassed. Singers ain't going home are they

Preacher double KOs Trump and Puddles.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 17, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I always wonder, what happens to these awesome kid singers after their voice gets wrecked by puberty? Are there training regiments and poo poo to try and stop voice changes?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Gee I wonder who is going through

OF COURSE IT'S BOTH YOU HACKS AMERICA NEVER SENDS THE GOLDEN BUZZERS HOME

Also, thanks to the dudes in the AGT reddit commenting on Tyra's cleavage.

AND MOTHERFUCKER BELLO GASSED TOO

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 17, 2017

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I came in late. Puddles got robbed by unfunny Preacher? drat.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
And Just Jerk got axed for two singers. Simon's going to have a good wank tonight.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dancing Trump and puddles were the only singers not to go through. fantastic.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Those rollerskating siblings do the same boring act everytime.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i think i saw them on britain's got talent before? extra boring for me

i also don't see how they could pull off an hour long show with this trick but who knows, maybe that's how they earn a living these days

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Seriously. Like, what they do is impressive...but is one small act. Bello meanwhile pulled out a completely different stunt each night. Too much of the voters are mindless and only going with the judges' awful opinions.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Would a "Total Talent Eclipse" mean that all the talent is entirely obscured by something else getting in the way that gives off no light of its own?

e: "Our parents weren't super happy about us dancing, but now they're more okay with it" is the lamest sob story on this show, which includes "I didn't get the prom date I wanted because I'm fat."

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Ping for round 2 of the quarterfinals tonight. Prepare the lube!

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Would a "Total Talent Eclipse" mean that all the talent is entirely obscured by something else getting in the way that gives off no light of its own?

But enough about Simon Cowell's ego :v:

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 23, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This show is bad.

Discuss

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

somekindofguy posted:

But enough about Simon Cowell's ego :v:

I couldn't decide between that joke, or something about Mirror Image, who don't fit the setup as well, but they do suck.

alternate: Howie Mandel's head

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
As a note to tonight, some folks on the AGT subreddit might be trying to campaign for Mirror Image to get through (in a Sanjaya style vote for the worst attempt) or Merrick Hanna (because he posts in reddit just like us~). I imagine at least one will fail.

This kid is not knocking my socks off TBH.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Who the gently caress thought that this loving kid should be here? Oh awesome, he can dance at a mediocre level in front of a projection of some cartoons. TRULY A VEGAS SHOW

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

I, for one, hope Merrick Hanna makes it through to the next round, because I hear if he gets to the semifinals, this time he's going to do a dance about a sad robot!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Uh, didn't he just crawl under the big rear end space under the glass?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
You're letting me down here Eric. Better than the Yang Yang Twins at least.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can understand not wanting Robot Kid to go through but he seems like a pretty cool kid and he doesn't sing so I wish him the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
BULL-poo poo! The only non-singing Golden Buzzer and they get technical difficulties? What the Christ?

• Locked thread