Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Team iLuminate is my all time favorite act so even though I like this I kind of hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TheBizzness posted:

Team iLuminate is my all time favorite act so even though I like this I kind of hate it

Yep. It's a total knock off.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I am so sad your dad has cancer, I didn't even here the song

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This guy makes danger so boring.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heplT2tB4Q8

e: But watching things spin out of control while Tyra/the judges tried to respond to the Very Similar Trick they'd seen twice before go wrong this time was probably the most entertaining the show's been all night. And now, gently caress it, here's dogs!

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 23, 2017

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
FIX YOUR poo poo AGT GODDAMN

I'm not even voting tonight after this shitshow.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 23, 2017

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i'm not watching it right now, but from what i'm reading some things got hosed up? presentation is everything with viewers voting on what they see, and especially what they hear. if they really hosed up with some performance they should get a second chance imo

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Yes, two acts had major technical fuckups. And Mel threw water on Simon again. And the singers are so aspirational just put a bullet in my head goddammit

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I think it's hilarious that the magician's last two tricks worked on the premise that something went wrong with the trick and he was in trouble. Then of course something actually does go wrong but not in a flashy way.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
*into microphone* cancerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Is everyone on this thread a shill for Merrick Hanna

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 24, 2017

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, these guys are copping Team Illuminate's act...but it IS an act I want to see more people copy far more than some dumb kid singing.

Also I'm now pretty much just hate-watching this season.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Of course the golden buzzers AR ehever going to leave...that's not how it works a r ll you stupid assholes!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU THINK ANYTHING ELSE????? ARE YOU STUPID??????? YOU GODDAMN IDIOT!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Well yeah, America is stupid, and if even the slightest negative thing is said by a judge, it's extremely unlikely that middle america will want to vote for them. Like even "I'm not sure that was your best performance, but I still liked it" can make people not vote for someone, instead of you know, judging for themselves.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Didn't stop Celine from getting through. A buzzer might be more likely to be a kiss if death than a negative comment after a performance IMO.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

So "your magic is flawless!" is a line the judges are given and supposed to say, right? Because Eric's trick wasn't the obvious Big Production Disaster that the other magician's trick was, but the card he revealed at the end was clearly not Howie's card, and the force on Howie at the beginning was even more obvious.

Chip-through-glass looked cool, though, and he's not a singer, and Mirror Image did lose, so . . . I guess it worked out-ish?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I'm still hung up that Mirror Image's shirts weren't actually mirrored. It would have been so simple. And their hair was straight up different. They could have each parted it to the opposite side or something.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I record this show and watch it whenever but that magic act where Howie had to follow instructions was cringeworthy. The man is so goddamn dumb he can't follow simple instructions and never shuts up. I hate that man.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

I record this show and watch it whenever but that magic act where Howie had to follow instructions was cringeworthy. The man is so goddamn dumb he can't follow simple instructions and never shuts up. I hate that man.

Imagine Jonny Awsum from BGT having to work with Howie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx_qWciGd6g

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Mantis42 posted:

No one should ever watch have to watch AGT live. I typically start it at least an hour in so I can fast forward through commercials and sob stories otherwise this show would be unbearable.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Nastier Nate posted:

No one should ever watch have to watch AGT live. I typically start it at least an hour in so I can fast forward through commercials and sob stories otherwise this show would be unbearable.

I fast forward through all the singers too, it really speeds things up, especially towards the end.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
America's Got Shitgoblins has it's final quarterfinal tonight before two rounds of semifinals. Are they going to try and separate the two nine year old singers into two episodes? Probablt, don't want people catching on.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

I'd like to see a Shitgoblin act on this show. I don't know what that would be, but it has to be better than seeing another gospel choir sing just like every other gospel choir on the show and have Howie act like he's never seen a gospel choir before and fall short of the finals, just like every other gospel choir the show has done.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I might like to see Simon get stabbed for reals. The act was a little long though I suppose.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Magic trick, I feel, could have been way better with faster pacing.

Is the sound off on my TV, or is this a terrible cover of that song?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

IRQ posted:

I fast forward through all the singers too, it really speeds things up, especially towards the end.

No singers, sob stories or commercials? What's that leave about 15 minutes of show?

I think it's time to replace Mel B and Heidi, they refuse to say a negative thing, they're less judges and more cheerleaders

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Nastier Nate posted:

No singers, sob stories or commercials? What's that leave about 15 minutes of show?

By this stage in the competition yeah that sounds about right.

I enjoy the tryouts episodes way more.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Magic trick, I feel, could have been way better with faster pacing.

Is the sound off on my TV, or is this a terrible cover of that song?

So for the Colin Cloud thing, he had instructions for the girl printed on the back of the DM screen he covered the knives with and on the paper he handed her and he promised her the remainder of his budget, I'm guessing.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
So Kechi and Diavolo through so far, as well as Chase and Mike. They won't ever go home will they Charlie, will they?

Angelina, Colin and the Choir in the Dunkin save at the moment.

Gotta love how all three Wild Cards went out in the quarterfinals. Great picks you asshats.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I wonder if this will be a tie...I'm shocked!

Clamknuckle fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 31, 2017

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
SHE WENT HOME CHARLIE, DIDN'T SHE?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did the giant wheel get through?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Did the adorable dog get through?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Yes and yes! It was one of the Golden Buzzers (Angelica) that got kicked off!

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Tonight on America's Got Meltdowns, we start the semifinals. There appears to have been some shuffling of acts within the last week, but hopefully things will get more interesting.

11 acts, 5 go through. One week has slightly more Golden Buzzers than others, but I forget which.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

"Up next, we have thirty-nine singers!"

I know, Tyra, it feels that way sometimes to me, too.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
God drat make up your minds on original songs!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Man this season is boring as hell.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

"If I'm woke, you've got to vote."

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Did anyone else notice than just after the magician put the $100 bill down on the table at the start of the trick, you could pretty clearly see the coins underneath it that would "magically" appear there at the end of the trick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

somekindofguy posted:

God drat make up your minds on original songs!

The first act that Howie isn't slobbering over, it's because the guy didn't do another Coldplay song or some other lovely cover.
I was thinking of casting a spite vote for him, but meh....singers.

Usually at this point I have a good idea of who'se going to win but I'm not so sure yet. I can garuntee Preacher Lawson in the finals though.

• Locked thread