Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

azflyboy posted:

Did anyone else notice than just after the magician put the $100 bill down on the table at the start of the trick, you could pretty clearly see the coins underneath it that would "magically" appear there at the end of the trick?

He's not particularly impressive but he's got a good stage presence. Certainly deserves to go to the finals more than yet another singer.

Also I hope the homeless lady with the dogs goes through because those dogs are loving adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that dog lady chose that life and it's hard to buy the sympathy card from her but i'm sur eshe'll still get a ton of votes because dogs

also holy poo poo that 14 year old with the dying dad is going to go through entirely on her sob story

the 12 year old ventriloquist was kinda cool

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

meh

Yoli Mayor is like a z-list Adele knockoff. The comedian is the epitome of average. The gospel choir is every gospel choir ever. Chase sings the same song over and over again about how some girl out of his league is being mistreated or whatever. The roller skating act has been the same thing with a different song every time. Evie is fine but nothing special. The dog act is cute or whatever but so what. Mike Yung has a good story but other than that I don't care.

The only two from last night who have consistently entertained me are Darci Lynne because she's surprisingly clever and signing like that is still amazing to me. And Johnny Manuel because he has one of the best voices I've ever heard in my life.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Darci's been fantastic from what I've seen. Working a ventriloquist dummy at all is pretty difficult and adding singing into it is especially impressive.

Agreed on Manuel, he was great.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Preacher Lawson is a less funny Kevin Hart, and I'm not that crazy about Kevin Hart.

Gave most of my votes to magician, throwing a few to Darci and the roller incest twins, and the singer for doing an original song (just 1 vote)

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Dunkin Save is up. Eric, Chase and Evie on the bubble. Nice knowing you Eric.

CANCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*crawls into ball while screaming cancer over and over*

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 7, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ chase is so loving generic

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I don't think Preacher is funny at all. Puddles should still be in it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Did the dogs get through?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

IRQ posted:

Did the dogs get through?

they did because of loving course they did

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Good, those dogs are cute af.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DJExile posted:

they did because of loving course they did

Doggos are fine, but can't hold a candle to Olate Dogs.

At this point I don't begrudge anyone's votes as long as they aren't for a singer, with some exception to Darci Lynne

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The dogs are cool, what's tiring is that girl's fake rear end sob story about living out of her car when she even says she left a career to... well, do exactly what she's doing and live out of her car.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah who gives a crap about her sob story, she's a traveling performer and I bet "living out of her car" means she stays in hotels and just doesn't have a fixed address.

But get a load of those dogs!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Why do thry judges pretend those rollerskating siblings who do the same spinning act everytime are still fresh and exciting? They have one trick.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Well guess what, you get more dogs! They brought back Pompeyo Family Dogs as the wildcard next week for some reason! Watch them get kicked out like all the others!

Everything hurts forever!

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Two hours hate time! Same deal as last week, 11 acts and 5 go through. They also brought back the Pompeyo Family Dogs for some reason.

Here's hoping they actually cut one of the 9 year old singers. Both would be preferable, but I'll take any culling of Golden Buzzer singers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Death to singers.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Death to singers.

:same:

Also, Christian has no business doing this song. I'd even take the celeb version over this.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 13, 2017

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
This has been a pretty weak season. Wanna purge all the kid acts except for Darci Lynne.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I liked the part where they brought all the dogs back to do dog tricks as a wild card and then they dressed the dogs as not dogs and the dogs ran around and forgot to do tricks.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I liked the part where they brought all the dogs back to do dog tricks as a wild card and then they dressed the dogs as not dogs and the dogs ran around and forgot to do tricks.

That russian or whatever family dogs act sucked from the word go. Hero dog and the voluntarily homeless chick are the dog act to beat.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

there is no loving way diavolo was among the fewest votes and needs a save, nor kechi

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Well keep in mind they were in 4th to 6th place, so they weren't the lowest voted acts. I'm a little shocked Celine was not on the bubble though.

Mandy Harvey and Angelica Hale are through ATM. Five singers, yay.

And we now have Kechi and Light Balance. God, not feeling good about this finale. Might skip next season...but then I said that last year about this season. Yay habits.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 14, 2017

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I finally caught up with this poo poo show and the only good thing I have to say is that little girl leading the blind kid by the hand to help him find his mark was adorable.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Evie Clair is going to perform in the finals.

We have our winner.

gently caress.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
My wife proposed a great spin-off show called "In Spite Of..." which pits marginally talented but totally traumatized/neglected/sick people against each other.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lifts cats over head posted:

My wife proposed a great spin-off show called "In Spite Of..." which pits marginally talented but totally traumatized/neglected/sick people against each other.

Ahahaha I love it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

IF CENASARAH WINS WE RIOT

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lame rear end guitar kid is going to win.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

diavolowns

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i would laugh really hard if the diavolo dancers walked off mid-act because he just admitted he isn't paying them

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

IF CENASARAH WINS WE RIOT

It's a good thing Pompeyo Family Dogs came back last week, because even if Sarah's act was a mess, it can't help but compare favorably to that disaster.

e: holy god drat, diavolo is good

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 20, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy gently caress shut up mel

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Simon made a very good point, Diavolo is easily the most Vegas of these acts

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Louis Armstrong is slapping your dad in heaven for this lovely cover

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god bless precher lawson, he's clearly out of material

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

someone push reset on Lawson, he's stuck in a loop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Preacher, that was . . . maybe not the right choice.

• Locked thread