Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

somekindofguy posted:

We have another two hour episode tonight. Please no more golden buzzer singers thanks

I tuned in just in time to see Heavily Scarred Plane Crash Singer take the stage. I'm sure they pre-screened to make sure she was at least somewhat good, and she has a truly tragic backstory, but can you imagine if she sucked and got an X?

Probably too early in the show for her to get the golden buzzer, though, right? They seem to be saving those for the night's last act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

I wonder what's going to happen with this act!

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Catching up on the episode on demand today, I hope our guest judge finally decides to throw a bone to a singer and give them a golden buzzer. I know the show's mostly focused on all kinds of variety acts these days, but putting a singer in the live shows could really mix things up!

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Catching up on the episode on demand today, I hope our guest judge finally decides to throw a bone to a singer and give them a golden buzzer. I know the show's mostly focused on all kinds of variety acts these days, but putting a singer in the live shows could really mix things up!

every week, forever

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Yeah, this isn't creepy.

e:

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Catching up on the episode on demand Watching the episode live today, I hope our guest judge finally decides to throw a bone to a singer and give them a golden buzzer. I know the show's mostly focused on all kinds of variety acts these days, but putting a singer in the live shows could really mix things up!

And yeesh, way to milk it, Seal.

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 9, 2017

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Would a "Total Talent Eclipse" mean that all the talent is entirely obscured by something else getting in the way that gives off no light of its own?

e: "Our parents weren't super happy about us dancing, but now they're more okay with it" is the lamest sob story on this show, which includes "I didn't get the prom date I wanted because I'm fat."

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

somekindofguy posted:

But enough about Simon Cowell's ego :v:

I couldn't decide between that joke, or something about Mirror Image, who don't fit the setup as well, but they do suck.

alternate: Howie Mandel's head

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

I, for one, hope Merrick Hanna makes it through to the next round, because I hear if he gets to the semifinals, this time he's going to do a dance about a sad robot!

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heplT2tB4Q8

e: But watching things spin out of control while Tyra/the judges tried to respond to the Very Similar Trick they'd seen twice before go wrong this time was probably the most entertaining the show's been all night. And now, gently caress it, here's dogs!

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 23, 2017

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

So "your magic is flawless!" is a line the judges are given and supposed to say, right? Because Eric's trick wasn't the obvious Big Production Disaster that the other magician's trick was, but the card he revealed at the end was clearly not Howie's card, and the force on Howie at the beginning was even more obvious.

Chip-through-glass looked cool, though, and he's not a singer, and Mirror Image did lose, so . . . I guess it worked out-ish?

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

I'd like to see a Shitgoblin act on this show. I don't know what that would be, but it has to be better than seeing another gospel choir sing just like every other gospel choir on the show and have Howie act like he's never seen a gospel choir before and fall short of the finals, just like every other gospel choir the show has done.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Magic trick, I feel, could have been way better with faster pacing.

Is the sound off on my TV, or is this a terrible cover of that song?

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

"Up next, we have thirty-nine singers!"

I know, Tyra, it feels that way sometimes to me, too.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

"If I'm woke, you've got to vote."

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

I liked the part where they brought all the dogs back to do dog tricks as a wild card and then they dressed the dogs as not dogs and the dogs ran around and forgot to do tricks.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

IF CENASARAH WINS WE RIOT

It's a good thing Pompeyo Family Dogs came back last week, because even if Sarah's act was a mess, it can't help but compare favorably to that disaster.

e: holy god drat, diavolo is good

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 20, 2017

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Preacher, that was . . . maybe not the right choice.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Who else is on after this, and why?

e: Mandy, right. She's actually pretty good, too, even if "she's deaf, but that won't stop her from singing!" is the act you'd write in a parody version of AGT. But I imagine Darcy has this one sewn up.

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

Preacher's reaction when they called his name with Darcy was the funniest thing he did.

Definitely the best moment of the finale season.

• Locked thread