Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sensual Simian

summer jorts
Hey folks, over the past couple of weeks it seems I've noticed a lot of Portland goons saying one thing or another about this town, its bridges, its knife crime, or its artisanship and I figure what the heck...lets do some drinking together.

I imagine this is "technically" a goon meet, because potentially goons might meet, but it's closer to a book club or something I suppose. I'm a new 'yobber, but I'm no stranger to fancy beer and, goddamn, Portland has the fanciest beer.

there's no shortage of nice watering holes and summer is on the way. if you're interested in sharing a pint or three in the PDX, post here or PM me (but post here, too) and we can paint the town red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

phallocentriloquist posted:

Hey folks, over the past couple of weeks it seems I've noticed a lot of Portland goons saying one thing or another about this town, its bridges, its knife crime, or its artisanship and I figure what the heck...lets do some drinking together.

I imagine this is "technically" a goon meet, because potentially goons might meet, but it's closer to a book club or something I suppose. I'm a new 'yobber, but I'm no stranger to fancy beer and, goddamn, Portland has the fanciest beer.

there's no shortage of nice watering holes and summer is on the way. if you're interested in sharing a pint or three in the PDX, post here or PM me (but post here, too) and we can paint the town red

hello new friend. i am relatively new to pdx. like, so new i don't have furniture. i'm in sullivan's gulch, i don't drink but i love cbd water (and will play pool any night), and like to bitch about french fry quality. wanna hang out?

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
absolutely. how long have you been here and what sort of places do you frequent (dive bars/pool halls/fancy food etc)? i know of a handful of decent places, one or two gems, but I'm a simple man with simple tastes so keeping it simple is my motto.

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
I was struggling with "cbd water" but then loving remembered that cbd oil is :allears:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

dive bars yes; fancy food very rarely (i like the real deal; why eat pokpok when you can walk across the street for nice thai grandma food?) but i will eat the heck out of food in general as i am A Fat; pool halls; art theatres. i am fond of nicholas restaurant on broadway for good lebanese btw bc them mezzes.

there's a lovely dive bar all the way over on swan island that my pizza delivery driver told me about that has cbd water by the growler. not sure of legality; cannot possibly care; it tastes like magic lemonade.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

oh uh i'm literally like settling in now. i've been back uhhhhh 12 days officially. i'm sleeping on my floor, i haven't been able to build my bed which was a nightmare to get anyway. i was hoping that some magical loving ferngully fairies would come put it together for me; i live in a drat rainforest now.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
last time I was in portland I got really drunk in a garden, played jenga with some people in a dive bar, got kicked out & smoked a bong with some skaters in a park

it was pretty cool but I'm glad to be home

best wished for the goon meet y'all!!

sig by vanisher™®

bird.

im in seattle but occasionally i go to portland for a day to chill out

imo food trucks are the thing to eat at there but i only visit so i dont know intimately

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

the best food to eat here is potato champion but only if you are A Fat and love fried potato products as much as me (and literally the entirety of nite crew) do.

uh also i think zyla will be here july 4th; i need to get that hashed out so i can book it for him and get his h*ckin b*tt to our new house already lol.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

portland peeps: i gotta go back to the bay on the 3rd and drive my car up the 6th/7th with my idiot dogge; do you guys wanna go do meets-n-meats sometime soon after that?

i'll bring you a weed and an ice cream cone.

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
poutine is very much my poo poo

Cinderful

Thou can get poutine at Holsteins in the pearl. I live out south west and work nw, if you goons want to gather, I know many a goon friendly place. Hell, the barcade is good for a meetup but the drinks are hecka spendy

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
I was thinking this too, actually. there's a handful of decent barcades around... I haven't been to Ground Kontrol in nearly a year and I heard they just remodeled or updated or something? would love to have some drinks and play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time with some goonfriends

Molestationary Store

Ah, I'm a pdx-y goon. Perhaps we should booze sometime.

joke_explainer

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

the best food to eat here is potato champion but only if you are A Fat and love fried potato products as much as me (and literally the entirety of nite crew) do.

uh also i think zyla will be here july 4th; i need to get that hashed out so i can book it for him and get his h*ckin b*tt to our new house already lol.

i love potato champion but i only go there 1x a year. have you been to devils dill?

joke_explainer

I was thinking this too, actually. there's a handful of decent barcades around... I haven't been to Ground Kontrol in nearly a year and I heard they just remodeled or updated or something? would love to have some drinks and play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time with some goonfriends

wait. They have like a small annex space open, which does have an awesome Wargames themed bar. But in a couple months they are reopening the main location and connecting the two. it's going to be awesome

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
What is a portland

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
https://youtu.be/NrS9QKWqd9s

It's a town full of homeless people and white people.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

joke_explainer posted:

i love potato champion but i only go there 1x a year. have you been to devils dill?

ya and i love it, i wanna hit there again soon. potato champion is recommended once every five to ten years by my doctor but lol nothing matters i ate there twice in six weeks. worth it.

i'm going to pho dalat tonight bc childhood favorites ok.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hi. do y'all weirdos wanna go drink beer this weekend?

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
I was thinking the same. I'll probably be taking a trip to the river but I'm not sure when yet. prob Saturday.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I was thinking the same. I'll probably be taking a trip to the river but I'm not sure when yet. prob Saturday.

lemme know, i am moved in. mostly. like i at least have furniture to sit on, weed to robit, and a cool as h*ck doggo/byob mascot.

eta: i have a bigass suv if people need rides/want to drive it, because like i don't drive at all and my husband insisted i have a car big enough for all of my looms, my dog, and paraguay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogi

I'm in Seattle but Portland is good. The Chinese gardens have delicious tea.

• Locked thread