Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Standable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Everyone can relax. Knack 2 had a release date of this year in September so we can stop the guessing over what will be the 2017 goty

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They are showing a surprising amount of new footahe at this lame as preshow (new Housemarque, new game from Until Dawn people, new hot shots golf)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hello games, here's a potential av for somebody

The closest Samus is getting to being at E3 this year

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ometeotl posted:

Sony's conference was pretty bad, all told.

They just had very little new. Production wise it was good and had like 3 minutes of talking max, but they announced like two new titles outside of VR (one of which is a remake)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

So it was bad.

What I'm saying is in terms of E3 press conferences and what bad has come to mean in terms of E3, it was fine.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Still, if you are the type of person who talks in terms of who won E3, this is Nintendo's to lose at this point.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo is at noon Eastern time

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Has anyone played The Bunker? I'm finding the idea of a modern FMV game amusing.

It's okay. It's really short and there's not much to it. It's not terrible but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it.

The PS4 version is also an easy plat.

Now if you want an awesome modern FMV game, check out Stay Dead. That poo poo rules.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well Metroid Prime 4 is coming though they literally had zero footage but still :supaburn:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god Mario Odyssey looks insane

Edit: and that was it. This might be the least eventful E3 I can remember.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Somehow the Mario-Rabbids-XCOM game looks more normal.

Like they somehow combined 3D Mario with Messiah. Holy poo poo I want that game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It was a weird E3 because a ton of good stuff was shown by all but there were no real bombshells, which is always a letdown. Like the biggest surprises were probably Xbox backwards compatibility, Shadow of the Colossus Remake and Metroid Prime 3 which would easily have been the biggest thing if they had a single thing to show what so ever.

Oh well. Tons of good games to play and it's not like my current backlog isn't already insane. Really, I don't need much more than Mario Odyssey coming out this year.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

windows 10 crossplay or whatever the heck its called will always be a failure to me as long as rare replay isn't on it

Windows ten already supports emulators so :shrug:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Really I just can't deny that Odyssey looks like the most joyous video game to come out in a long time, and I say that as someone who likes many many current video games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Prime 4 is not being made by Retro Studios. Doesn't mean it won't be amazing but makes that slightly iffier

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ah, The Guy Game. A game so bad that it's technically illegal to own

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
To be fair "the people your working for are secretly evil" is a pretty big part of Alien

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Metroid. Ican't say I'm hyped for a title alone, need gameplay footage.

Watching Giant Bomb react to Mario was my E3 highlight.

It was pretty great. Entire conference it was like "unimpressed, what, never cared that much about the series" and all of a sudden it was an explosion of joy and confusion.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I did not see this. What's the big deal with the new Mario?

The hat let's you possess like everything in the world. It's insane. Like you throw that hat a goomba and now you're a goomba. Also just a bunch of small ridiculous poo poo like a world full of realistic dinosaurs, mario scaling a tower as 8-bit Mario and Bowser in a tux.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

babypolis posted:

one of the first and greatest uses of voice acting

That is not even close to the first use of voice acting in a game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The voice acting thing reminded me of one of my favorite Sonic fun facts: apparently the game was supposed to have a sound test with animated background but for whatever reason they couldn't get it working in time so it was cut at the last minute. So right before release they had this big chunk of space that would just go to waste, so they decided to use all of it for a "SEGA" voice sample when you started up the game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
loving Sinistar...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

It's more beautiful than I ever imagined :qq:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

Someone recommend me an iPhone game. I've played a lot of crap so I'm looking for gems. I don't mind paying for a good game.

Pathpix, Slayaway Camp, Punch Quest, 80 Days, Monument Valley, King of Dragon Pass.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like that whoever is putting out Garfield Go gives so little of a poo poo that they couldn't even be bothered to change to "Go" to something that better reflects Garfield's "hilarious" laziness.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Indie developers: I know you have experience in the industry and think it'll be easier but please stop trying for 3D graphics unless you really have an idea of how you're going to use them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

The mass effect 3 DLC is pretty much if mass effect was an anime and had a beach episode. Joker is the only good thing about mass effect 3 so please enjoy him.

The Citadel thing is fun but it was also overhyped to gently caress by people disappointed by people that were still mad about the ending. It is the opposite of the ending but not necessarily in a good way. While the ending was this huge epic production that was also the product of the developer not caring about their base, the citadel is a dinky little scooby doo caper that is fan-servicey to an embarrassing degree. Don't get me wrong, the citadel is still better than the ending by a mile, but it still is not "what the ending should have been" or anything even close to that.

VideoGames posted:

Any interested in winning some things: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824211

Help me and create a wonderful new avatar! :D

I know if I was a mod, the main effect would be me changing my avatar like every week. I'd contribute to your thread here but the limits of my avatar making tend to be "take a video clip and make it loop in a way I don't hate".

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 19, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I get that youtube channel devoted to video game censorship on my recommendations once in awhile and it always looks like the most pathetic bullshit imaginable. Like we live in a world where some people are STILL seething with rage that labzero cut some panty shots from Skullgirls.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The annoying thing is in the NES days Nintendo of America did force a ton of dumb changes or they wouldn't release your game which was a form of actual censorship (though I also doubt most game companies cared most of the time) but because gamers are loving morons they now take any decision from anyone at all to change any part of a game as censorship. Like there is a huge difference between a game getting rid of weird religious elements because they think it will play very differently in the west and them changing it because it won't be allowed release otherwise but to some people they are the exact same thing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I think a fair amount of localisation changes (not gonna call it censorship lol) are kind of dumb but I don't rant about it online or refuse to buy a game or anything.

Well yeah. I think the most damning thing is that none of the actual game creators seem to care. It's not like some game writer is ranting about this and how it destroyed his vision. It's all minor, dumb stuff that even the most invested in the creation of these games doesn't care about. Like you should not care more about creepy bullshit remaining in games than David Cage.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Overwatch is f2p in that you are free 2 purchase it for $40, which I would recommend because it's very good and easily worth that amount of money.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

Last of Us definitely would have made a better miniseries than a game

Naw.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

after Dragon Quest Builders i really don't think there is any excuse for minecraft to look the way it does anymore

I mean, why would they bother changing it? I don't play Minecraft and I don't like those type of games but if anything it's success proves the ascetic is meaningless to it's base and at this point any attempt to change it would a) make it run on less things, b) annoy people that do like it's stupid blocky style c) not actually add anything to the game except for making a blocky game look like a slightly better looking blocky game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

i mean they could just have "Legacy Mode" and "Now Doesn't Make Your Eyeballs Bleed" mode. why not both?

Because it's money that could be spent somewhere that wouldn't be a waste of time. Maybe I'm interpreting things wrong, but I think one of the reasons the "Minecraft in 4K!!!!" reveal has been mocked so much because it's Minecraft and no one that plays it gives a poo poo. Like, the shaders are nice but people still don't give a poo poo.

You have to realize they literally sell figures of Minecraft characters. That ugly style is part of what Minecraft is at this point. An attempt to make something that looks more...not like that would not really grab any new players and would be derided by those still play. It's also not like many attempts have been made by others have been made to make better looking minecraft and all of those haven't even done a fraction of what Minecraft has done. Like, while DQB didn't do bad, I doubt it's sold in it's entire run what Minecraft sold the month DQB came out.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Cocktail is the only way to go imo

Makes sense because a cocktail is the only way most goons could get themselves to interact with a lady.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like Sony didn't have many big announcement but an hour long conference that was all trailers with maybe 3 minutes of talking still puts it far from being the possible worst. Hell, even for this year it was worse than a max of two conferences.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just finally got around to playing the Plague Knight campaign in Shovel Knight. I was never as blown away by Shovel Knight as other people seemed to be but man the Plague Knight campaign was real good and I think I liked it more than the normal game. I like that at first it seems way WAY harder but as you get some new abilities and get used to the controls, it turns out to be way easier and it almost feels like you're cheating your way through most of the levels and bosses.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sometimes people/companies are so desperate for instagram shares that they don't stop to think that they might be actively harming mankind with their ideas.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

They know, they just don't care when there's a buck to be made.

Some men just want to see the world burn (from being coated in flamin hot cheeto dust)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's not easy being cheesy

• Locked thread