Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i finished berseria last night, pretty good game, and i think i'll go to THE TENTH LINE next because i've wanted to play Fur Cry 4 since corn posted screens of it

strangely, berseria is the first game i've ever played where the sequel is not only far better than the game that came before it, but is also at the same time very much cheapened by its predecessor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

post good video game horses

im the anime horse on the bottom right cabinet screen explaining the game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think the reception can be drastically changed if you know the trick ahead of time or if you try to tackle it like a normal boss until making a desperation move. My case was the later and I think it was a great way to end the game.

I knew ahead of time, myself. I think it's a good sequence, at least the first time you play through it, but it's always a crappily-designed battle.

this coming from someone who thinks rs3's final battle is one of the best, even though it's really only due to the music, because a boss where whether you win or not is entirely up to the rng for what attacks the boss uses is even worse than fighting giygas

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

There's a loving wiki page and everything on that guy

http://petz.wikia.com/wiki/Ivlet

Ivlet might be the most evil villian in the entire Petz series.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
instead of memes, you change lcd ads to image macros of dogs with unflattering facial expressions

corn in the bible posted:

They go meet him and he says I DONT BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MAGIC HAT and they decide to prove it by giving him the magic hat
on one hand i want to say you're full of poo poo but on the other hand i know the kinds of games you play

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

Is Mother 1 a thing that exists / is worth playing?

earthbound 0 was an acceptable game in 1989. however, it's everything bad about playing an nes rpg with none of the modern innovations or luxuries to alleviate or distract you from these issues.

the other games have a reference or two to it in them--usually musical--but it's also largely unimportant to the chronological story of the series

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

By the way, speaking of NES RPGs, Final Fantasy is weirdly playable compared to every other NES rpg. Including its sequels.

motherfucker you didn't just forget crystalis :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dewgy posted:

I'm sure there were some actual mechanical differences and whatever, but I love that the design and story and characters of a famously cancelled game actually got made into a finished product, and a drat good one.

you'd be surprised at how much changed. iirc the pokey's pokeys sequence was actually supposed to be you fighting all the protagonists and their friends from the previous games, like if pokey had brainwashed them, but then shigesato itoi, in his own words, "became a good person"

so from then on i decided that meaninglessly preachy or edgy poo poo must've been made by someone who has yet to become a good person

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pollyanna posted:

I thought Sword Art Online was an anime?

it's an anime that inspired the book that may well inspire the video game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope everyone who walks past changes the number

you're right, it should also have 6 on there to show that 6 was also the best one

perhaps it could even say 69

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what about gurren lagann

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LawfulWaffle posted:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

the angel that appeared before joseph smith was... goku?!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

the person changing it to the new avatar decided to change the avatar of every person on that page instead.

somebody just landed their dream job of a 500k/yr position in a pfizer lab, let them have this moment

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

Discrimination against French Canadians.

drat he knows

i like pretty much all the games regulars idk :v: i feel like there's some posters who like me, i feel like there's some posters who don't, and i feel like i'm maybe a bogeyman in sh/sc that they use to scare their kids into being good programmers

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

would be pretty good schadenfreude if one of the theaters' air conditioning breaks down. all that nerd sweat. all of it.

:yikes:

real talk doe the worst day to go shopping for cool poo poo in akihabara is when it rains, or even when it's just drizzling out. every single store will smell like damp otaku

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Guy Mann posted:

The world is a horrible place but the fact that David Lynch is on TV against almost makes up for it all.

i never liked david lynch and i dislike him even more now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zaggitz posted:

Anybody who thinks poutine is bad is somebody who hasn't actually had poutine and just thinks it looks gross. which it does. It's actually the best drunk food in the world though.

idk... comparatively speaking, like if i was gonna choose between poutine and biscuits & gravy for hangover food, i'd go with the latter every time

if we're talking currently-drunk food, i can think of at least three things i'd eat sooner than poutine and, unsurprisingly, they can all be bought out of an unlicensed taco truck

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gJNlU-Re_U

No one is immune from Dr. House's biting zingers!

i think my iq just went down 50 points just reading your post

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowcaster posted:

anything else is ubiquitously disgusting or stolen from non american heritages

im the spicy mayonnaise & avocado poke served at the restaurant that a smart businessman opened up across the street from the hipster ghetto

ur the hipster who's too much of a weakass scrub to just eat limu poke, #that'stoomuchculture

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

I once ate a pretzel so vile it haunts me 3 years later.

i ate a bacon and cheese fries that also had fish paste in it

i can't eat them anymore even though i know i'm safe here, i just taste it in my mind

pls tell me your favorite world cuisine that is not the result of america

never let der weißwurst hear the noontime bell

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I'm the curry without tomatoes, potatoes, peppers,

no lie the best curry i ever had was the result of an altercation over whether they were serving a curry or a western-style soup and it ended up being a tomato basil beef curry

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i don't like steak

next youre gonna tell me you like poutine and david lynch

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

Foodies are the worst kind of people.

no lie i was once accused of being a foodie because i don't like using just-add-water dishes and try to make everything from basic ingredients

im the opposite of a foodie, i don't care what i'm eating so long as i know what i'm eating. well, main meals at least. i still like processed desserts :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Could it be that American Cuisine is actually the mingling of many cultures in one nation resulting in interesting dishes of many varieties? No it's definitely that they just Stole Food

oh i mean i know where you're coming from, i like california roll poke too, i'm just salty that people will go to luxury poke restaurants in the continental us regularly but never come close to wanting to try the original thing because it's just different ingredients. it's all prepared the same way, it's not like you're gonna have a fish head lookin up at you if it's prepared traditionally

Lurdiak posted:

Like I'm not going to make anyone feel bad if they eat well or don't like mcdonald's or whatever but people who try to make someone feel bad for eating minute rice or w/e are just pieces of crap to me. Like ffs do you not get that maybe that person literally cannot afford the good stuff.

poo poo man i didn't mean it like that, the context of this was that the other guy was just lazy. he could afford the ingredients but wasn't willing to invest the time (which he also had), and for some reason was trying to say i was too classy for cooking my own food? i understand if you don't have the resources to cook from scratch, but if you can and just don't want to, that's fine but don't rain on my parade 'cause i cook

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 5, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

fascinating

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowcaster posted:

also why is there a special yogurt that makes you poop

lovely yogurt is for people who are too on-the-go to eat a couple cucumbers

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

Sausage gravy is my favorite kind of gravy and I like it a lot

that's what i like to hear :hf:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hate Eurocentrism so much.

aztlan shall rise again, weissmensch aus, etc etc

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Civ has always been my game that I put on when I want to chill and then eventually get sucked in and ends up being the most mentally taxing thing I've done that day

it really is, like you remember your greatest victories and think "oh that was so easy!" and then all of a sudden you're at war with some guys up north, but it's tokugawa and montezuma so it's kind of a slog 'cause that's just how they play during war, and then all of a sudden alexander declares war on gandhi, but he has to march west through your territory to get there, so now he's bugging you to let a huge greek army into your borders and you're like i am not fuckin havin this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

my favorite trivia about immortan joe is that his oldworld name was joe moore, which is the same as hawaii's most egotistical rear end in a top hat newscaster who treats his crew like garbage and runs massive smear campaigns against anyone who dares to get more famous than him in his local sphere of glory

pig in human skin

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Endorph posted:

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/persona-5-worldwide-shipments-top-1-5-million

persona 5 sold about 600-700k in japan. please account for the other 800ish k.

doubling your native sales globally sounds neat on paper but only really counts when you're a blockbuster movie working in nine or ten figures. with the astronomical price of top-shelf game development, yeah, it made money against its operational expenses, but if it was their only ip, they'd be in deep poo poo i bet

like statistically the population of the us is three times that of japan, and that's discounting canadian, australian, and european markets and yet they only sold around the same amount of copies abroad as they did in their home market

there's a good reason atlus casts a wide net as a publisher

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 7, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Motto posted:

persona isn't an AAA game

1) how many people are in the credit roll
2) how many of them are probably salaried (i'd wager it's >10, hell >50)
3) what do you think the average salary for a software engineer is in japan, or a 3d modeler, or a director, etc etc
4) how many years was the game in development

that's a huge investment. independent studios fold because they don't realize that paying six people a competitive salary is 300k/yr

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

P5 is the best selling game in Atlus history in Japan

ok look i'm not saying it's not good, or it's a flop, i'm just saying that weighed against operational expenses, i wonder how much profit is actually involved. moving 1.5mn units is great, but if it was SE, they would be selling off another studio because normal game development cycles are expensive af

god drat you're getting defensive about a game that i wanna play but don't have the hardware to, i'm not saying it's a badgame jesus christ

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

And as we all know, PCs are only used for playing video games and also immediately self destruct when the current console generation ends.

i mean, i'm glad of my desktop, but i'd be lying if i said the reason my budget doesn't include a ps4 or a switch is because i chose i'd rather upgrade my hardware over it. a good new gpu costs less than a ps4, but next time, maybe i think my hard drives are getting a little long in the tooth, or maybe the mobo itself has been physically degraded from living in an environment that's harmful to computer hardware, etc.

maintaining a computer capable of running fancy games is kind of a sisyphean undertaking. you don't do it every year, but hell when it comes down to deciding "do i want new games hardware or do i want new computer parts" the answer generally comes out to "i kinda got a lot of games i wanna play on the computer, too..."

also you can't play civ on a ps quadruple

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dont starve together you too huh fam?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

God, the eidolons really were just massively destructive pricks in that game. I mean, not their fault

there are no bad pokemon. only bad trainers

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
in the evening i like to get blazed and listen to final fantasy music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEao_m0X6Ws&list=PLA9281E60D25EDD6E&index=2. it helps me appreciate songs i would usually skip like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhzmYU45C_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuHinkCGlKs

and also music from games i really liked as a kid. treasure hunter g was--i don't wanna say like "it changed my perspective on the world" or someshit like that but it helped me understand how much i value character interaction writing over world building. like who cares exactly what the history of [port town] is but the party members telling each other good night whenever you stay at an inn is priceless https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXxBA6G4Omw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R2lm8V-i30

:yeah: if u agree
:mario: if uou really agree:yikes: if you think :smithmouth: is ur brain on drugs
:freakfuta: if you are the keisatsu leave, only neutral and chaotic goods can see this post

StrixNebulosa posted:

"Following a tour of Studio Mir, a fan published unauthorized photographs of confidential storyboards, character designs and sketches online."

still i'd love to see the documents anyway just from like a hobbyist perspective

e: it's kweh, my nebulous loyalty to this option is based on the chocobo gif on the squaresoft site in the 90s that was saying "kweh kweh"

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 9, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

Would you rather ride a chocobo, a yoshi, one of those weird birds from golden axe, or one of those pigs from twilight princess

weird birds for sure. like one of them can shoot fireballs right

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yoshi could play golf or tennis with you when you aren't riding around, making it a clear winner.

yeah but he would secretly resent you for riding around on his back when you could be playing golf or tennis or boardgames with him

• Locked thread