Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

precision posted:

i feel like cat and dogs are worn out, i think the next big video game animal meme should be horses

post good video game horses
http://i.imgur.com/ndueLeg.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VideoGames posted:

I have been playing Diablo3 and now Marvel Omegas on my PS4. I am really getting into the whole looty action RPG genre.
Does anyone have any more recommendations for PS4 based games of this nature?
Victor Vran: Overkill Edition just released on PS4 and it's pretty good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

These RDR glitches were amazing because when something got hosed the swapped 3D models allowed for the animation bones to still work perfectly. So instead of getting the wrong model frozen in its default pose - a wolf that took the protagonist's place during a cutscene would sure enough behave like a human and it was hilarious.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Did they fix that last River City Ransom game with patches yet?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Victor Vran: Mötorhead Through The Ages
:eyepop:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It erases saves from the load game menu? From what I remember the game kept a few last saves, not only the last one.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

E3 is starting

:f5:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cowcaster posted:

e3 is sharting
It's true.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

My wallet!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

http://i.imgur.com/QD1tK3K.gifv

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

To be more precise It's from the trailer for Wolfenstein 2 that was just shown during the Bethesda conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2HKHdVIy9k

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lurdiak posted:

Dishonored games aren't fpses you dummy.

Lurdiak posted:

My favorite FPS is fallout 3.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I didn't like the LiS prequel trailer much. It seemed so lifeless, the protagonist showed zero emotions. It's like they hit all the teenage-drama checkboxes they were told to include but forgot the human element that made the original special. Maybe I'm overanalyzing though because it's still only a trailer.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

People in this thread alone got really upset when people brought up trump like "please don't talk about politics in a game thread"
The difference is that there are whole subforums dedicated to political talk on these very forums. Nobody takes away the possibility of talking about politics on SA but with a subject this inflammatory people would be derailing every second thread while putting in zero effort into making actual arguments because it's still just games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

precision posted:

My face when I suddenly realize that there is inevitably going to be a movie about the Minecraft story :stonklol:
There was already an Angry Birds movie, it can't be worse than that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

drat, I only now caught up with Devolver's E3 conference, it's great.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

They tried hard but went all the way and were 100% into it and it paid off, it's like a little theatre piece, I really liked it. Also for an expo conference format it's definitely one for the books.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Instead, I tuned in and saw fake amateur wrestling and a segment with what looked like someone related to twitch?
Wait, what? That's not it, watch the 14 minute segment posted above.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

They showed BG&E 2, it's a prequel and everyone swears a lot now
It's also apparently a pseudo-MMO lol.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I know that they did mention an "online open world playground" after the trailer was shown. I guess this can mean anything but doesn't sound encouraging.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

drat, that cat must be a giant.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Foglet posted:

Thermidor now seems to have a demo version available.
:thermidor:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Somebody please give me bulletpoints on what was announced during the Nintendo conference.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

haveblue posted:

New Kirby game with a recruitment gimmick
New Yoshi game with a flip-stage gimmick
New Xenoblade game is anime as gently caress
Metroid Prime 4 is a thing that will one day happen
Mario Odyssey is bonkers
drat, that's exactly the stuff people were waiting for.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also what are actual highlights of E3 apart for Nintendo? That jail break game, the pixel-art cyberpunk game from the gamergater dev, Ori 2, anything else?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

exquisite tea posted:

A ropecaster with triple handling % mods is godly.
So that's where those handling mods are useful, I haven't thought of that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Being a games journalist must be some kind of hell, that's all I'm taking from that article.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

DLC Inc posted:

given how every company ever gets their poo poo leaked constantly I don't see how Ubisoft wanting one loving surprise to remain under wraps is A MONSTROUS LIE. jesus, you'd think someone noted for leaking so much would understand that maybe a company just felt like saying gently caress Off, Let Us Have This One Thing.
To me that's beside the point. What I took away from that article is that a minor thing like an unexpected reveal will have games journos that said otherwise be abused by gamers to the point that this minor thing becomes actually huge and emotionally taxing for them. I agree that PR will be PR and revealing a game while previously stating that there will be no reveal is a laughable "crime" but in the game journos world it has way heavier personal consequences. It's hosed to have to deal with this as something that you do to pay rent every day.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

loving finally!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

http://i.imgur.com/LyZzXpQ.mp4

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Just finished HZD. It's an amazing game and people who like narrative-driven AAA+ epic adventures should really get it, it's satisifying to the end.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgq3k2qCZgg

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lizard Wizard posted:

I remember people being excited about Mafia III a while back, is it good?
It has a strong beginning and finish but like 50% of the game in the middle is grinding the same side-missions over and over again. Seriously, imagine if a studio created a bunch of mini-goals for GTA-like side content like "go to these 10 places, set bombs, kill thugs", "go to these other 10 places, set things on fire, kill thugs" etc. and then when they started developing the actual main story they went "why don't we just use those side-missions instead of making this properly, genius".

The setting is great, the soundtrack is great, the characters are cool but imo they hosed it up worse than Mafia 2 with this grind, it kinda ridiculous in how repetitive it is. Some people don't mid this because the shooting is solid but imo it's a deeply flawed game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, it's difficult to explain what Mafia 3's deal is in a genre that already has you repeat similar activities but this title is way more repetitive than GTA or Sainst Row and feels like it lacks a big middle chunk of the main game. It starts off with these special main story missions with cutscenes, dialogue and music but then they went "gently caress it, just put 50 markers on the map and have the player mow down groups of 10 guys over and over and over again", it's kinda ridiculous.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

gently caress yeah. I'm hopeful that they realize that the new Hitman was the right gameplay direction, just make one big release next time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

So what do I play after TW3, HZD and Prey? Any strong new-ish narrative-driven games out there?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ok, I'll play Yakuza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VideoGames posted:

Does that mean I should ask in Games? I've never heard of that phrase. :(
Maybe we should make an official av thread. That way it wouldn't be only for you but for other people too. I made one in The Imp Zone years ago.

• Locked thread