Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

oddium posted:

is parasyte the body horror one with the arm

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

also

Superhot is super good.

I am really, really bad at it because I keep playing it like I did Frozen Synapse - instead of figuring out where the enemy's gonna move, I keep shooting at where they are, and missing. :negative:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Time moves only when you move, though

Yeah, but that includes my bullets. I have to move to make them go

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The easiest trick, though it's hard to keep in mind:

You're sort of 2D in Superhot. If you turn to the side you can dodge a LOT of attacks you wouldn't think you can. It helps to try to 'look' at bullets. If you keep them in your sight you can usually walk right past them.

...oooh I'm gonna try that! Thanks!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Let's just agree all anime is bad.

Some anime is good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Just like how some video games are good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's usually the path to another 4-5 pages of talking about it

my opinion of Ghost 1.0 is that it's a C+ Metroidvania compared to the D grade that UnEpic earned

Thanks for your review on it, btw. I'm probably going to get Hollow Knight instead this summer sale

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

yeah what I played of Hollow Knight's sneak peak from Humble Bundle played way better, looks way better, and has way less Big Bang Theory humor

Yeah, yeah. I still want Ghost 1.0 if only so I can play as a robot lady ghost thing, but...ehh, I'm not yet desperate for decent metroidvanias when bug fun is waiting.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost 1.0's humor is basically not much different from UnEpic. it doesn't have the sexism, but it does have the really lame "here's a nerd reference! hilarious right!" joke every other line of dialogue. also there's a brief vignette where you play as the black scientist character in a flashback and when i defeated an enemy a health pickup appeared in the form of a fried chicken drumstick :geno:

:sigh:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Lol well that explains some of it at least

So they're trying to adapt a skeevy comic into something not skeevy? Or am I misunderstanding you

Maid Dragon the manga has a character who is a dragon who chooses a human form that is essentially a child with breasts the size of basketballs.

Maid Dragon the anime ditches that, makes the majority of the show a fun, heartwarming tale of a programmer finding a dragon girlfriend and helping their dragon child go to school and do well at making friends.

But it still has the.... really bad stuff with Lucoa and what you saw in episode 6.

So ultimately the anime is better, but..........................................

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey folks I picked up a game called The Long Journey Home and I wanted to tell you all it's a hidden gem. Great space adventure title. It almost makes me feel like I'm playing Star Control 2 again.

Check it out if you haven't heard of it. Wanted to call some attention to it since I've seen or heard basically no buzz about it but it's really great thanks for reading.

That pricetag is really high...

I hear it's kinda content-light, too? How far into it are you?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Like five hours or so. Maybe the interesting stuff drops off, don't know. I'm not saying rush out and buy it right now if you're unsure about it, just putting it on the radar.

Once I get some more time in with it I will present my findings.

Okay, cool. I hope it stays good - Star Control 2 was a rad game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What.... did you sell? :stare:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

*truck Simulator with podcasts goin'

I'm very fond of this but I've recently been using Knytt Underground for its super chill exploration. No combat, just simple movement puzzles and gorgeous backgrounds.

The character art is very... I like it but it's not great, so it's fortunate you don't see it very much.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Will there ever be a stealth based game as good as the original Thief series?

I highly doubt it, not after what happened with T4ief. AAA-level productions just don't fit with the series.

The ones that come close, although they're all different in their own ways:

Hitman 2016

Mark of the Ninja

Invisible Inc

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Knytt Stories is also extremely chill and has Metroidvania elements as well as people's custom campaigns, some of which are included I think

It was my favorite Metroidvania on PC for a long time until Hero Core came out

Also I'm a complete weirdo but the earlier Knytt games didn't grab me for some reason? I liked Uurnog, but I probably need to revisit those earlier games and check 'em out....but for now, I am more than happy with Knytt Underground. It has moments of trickiness, but in general it's just so nice to play doable exploration puzzles. So chill. :3:

(Which is what I need, my brother is visiting tomorrow and ehhhhnnnn it'll be good to see him but he's always a whirlwind of energy that I'm just not up for hosting at the mo. alas.)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/871760466393038851

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394

Sorry if this has been posted here, but jeez louise would people stop with leaks and threatening companies/creators over them. :mad:

(Still aghast over that Voltron attempt - "we won't take down the leaked stuff until you make our pairing canon", jeez)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

"Following a tour of Studio Mir, a fan published unauthorized photographs of confidential storyboards, character designs and sketches online."

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

please vote wark

They go kweh, I'm sorry

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i remember hearing that it turned out that guy wasn't actually trying to force his pairing into the show, he was just bad at typing english

I want to believe that. I really, really want to.

It's just, I've been close enough to the Stephen Universe fandom and the Supernatural one (back in the day) to believe the blackmail so readily. Fans are really, really terrible to creators. :sigh:

What game is that from?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

FFV! And here's another reminder that even if you've never played it before, the Fiesta is an awesome fun charity thing!

...........hmmmmmm I've never played FFV this might be a good excuse to do so.....

e: I'm in. This could be a terrible idea, but I'm game for a try.

e2: Now wait just a second here I am making sure this thing works and I've found exciting new evidence in the kweh vs wark debate

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 9, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

is it hard?

Yes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Regardless of your feelings on subtitles, I think we can all agree that games that launch directly into the story right out of the publisher logos without allowing you to access an options menu first are just the worst.

Agreeee

I like to play games in windowed mode so having one that won't let me find out if it has a vital setting within a minute of opening the game is just asking for a refund.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/marcoscrislop/status/873728833995911168

do you ever just sigh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone know if Hyper Light Drifter is good

Yes, yes it is

The boss fights are really hard though

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What? No. Those two games are supposed to stay unfinished forever, that's the status quo!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

holy flipflops I'm going to finally actually finish that trilogy

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Looper posted:

There's so many it really is pretty much a subgenre of its own

Copycat Killing
Sleight of Paw
How to Wash a Cat
The Cat, The Collector and the Killer
Catnap
The Whole Cat and Caboodle
Cat on the Edge
Curiosity Thrilled the Cat
The Cat Who Said Cheese
The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern
The Private Life of the Cat Who... (idk either)
Kneading to Die
A Cat in the Manger
Cat Deck the Halls
The Cat Who Could Read Backwards
Cat in the Dark
The Cat Who Lived High
Cat in a Flamingo Fedora
Crime and Catnip

As someone who likes murder mysteries as fluff reading, the Cat Who series by Lilian Jackson Braun is genuinely fun and sweet. It's about a food reporter with a pair of siamese who solves mysteries and it's just... cozy. Really good for when you need a break. :3:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Does Baldurk run lpix.org? Someone should let him know that the SSL cert has expired. My LPs... :smith:

Yes he does, and yes he knows about it. Should be fixed now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

goferchan posted:

holy crap this looks slick. thanks for linking something i had no idea that i wanted

Oh hey it's already on Steam.

Ploop onto the wishlist with you, slick-lookin' game!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What July releases are there to look forward to?

Tangledeep, a goon-made roguelike that was kickstarted finally releases into EA on Steam. I love it a lot!

Grimoire, a game made by a literal crazy man. (Something something neanderthals are superior)

Shadowhand, solitaire rpg by the Regency Solitaire folks.

And most importantly it'll be my birthday we get closer to Cook Serve Delicious 2 releasing in August!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Character design in Operation Abyss is, uh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

i get enough sleep but my hours are usually goofy. i get in a lengthy nap each day to cover for any sleep i miss

the downside is not getting as much sun as i'd like which really affects me badly in the winter (s.a.d. for example), the upside is that next week i'll get to see all the weird speedruns of the GDQ marathon and not just the normie ones

Could you get a lightbox? I use one in winter and it really helps fend off the s.a.d. as well as my depression.

Also it makes this happen:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

drat that's a nice-looking book. Too bad about the price, though. I just wanna find a cheap decent-quality hardback copy of master and commander on amazon but nah the prices for that are pretty big and I feel like for a book that old, I should never drop the 17 or whatever dollars they were asking for it on amazon.

I'd just get it at the library but, and I know this is dumb, but when I have to read something under a deadline, I pretty much never do it. I just give up and say gently caress it. Like, it doesn't matter that I can just renew the book multiple times before having to return it, I just don't read when I'm on a deadline. It's weird.

I know some people suggested I just get the ebook version but ehhhh I like having the hardbooks in my hand since it's a good way to relax, just lying down in bed with a nice book.

Do you mind used copies at all? The used hardback copies look pretty cheap!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

G2A, the controversial marketplace for key sellers, will soon require any users hoping to shift game keys to reveal their name and address.

I bet this'll go over well with the Russian mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I silently killed the final Elusive Target in Hitman :woop:

Feels good to have mastery over the level enough to make downing the guy easy, and it's even better to do it without a rubber duck for once.

(I still feel strongly that ETs should be cycled back in so other people can play them, and that Hitman needs another five seasons, please please please.)

• Locked thread