Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

YouTube on PC vs on mobile/Smart TV app is such a different experience.

On PC I have no ads and no bullshit but on TV it's "watch this ad for at least 15 seconds" crap. Bonus points for playing ads for horror movies when I've put on a Wiggles playlist for my daughter :bravo:

For some reason I only ever get like really creepy baby/pregnancy ads and I'm both confused and horrified. It makes me pray for a mobile adblock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Nepalese is really lovely on the occasion I manage to find a dish that's not cooked with peanut oil. Though that's pretty much the case with all SEA cuisine other than Japanese

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Bb is the game the devs made in a brief period when they didnt have the rights to make more gg. They have grown to be pretty distinct now

How did they lose and regain the rights anyway

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

oddium posted:

think they got sued by the blaze blue guys

Oh you~

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Cowcaster posted:

what i don't get is why was no man's sky in development for umpteen-odd years and still came out underbaked yet apparently they've been cranking out multiple content updates and major overhauls in the past year

It kinda makes you want to believe in that whole theory that they lost a bunch of finished assets before release

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I hate to admit that the new Sanic Farces song they revealed is actually a really catchy tune. The lyrics are straight Dreamcast era goofy too

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The Colonel posted:

my favorite part of metal max is every game getting really good boxart showcasing tough wanderers driving tanks and motorcycles through a quiet, desolate wasteland, or ladies with katanas and poo poo

Do you play as her? Because if you do I'm interested. She looks way too cool

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

What the hell is even going on in the fourth one I'm so confused

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The Colonel posted:

a guy is riding a woman motorcycle who's legs and shoulders function as the wheels and who's arms function as the steering, while firing a gun

It's like one of those really bizarre super specific fetish tumblrs

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

BBBB (bring back buck bumble)

God that game was so weird

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Guilty gear team making a dragon ball z marvel style fighter.

My scouter just broke calculating the power level

I'm so glad they're using the Xrd style for licensed games now and a Persona 5 Arena looking like that is an actual possibility.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I hate that I'm too used to the airdashy dial-a-combo anime fighter to get into slower, more methodical stuff like Street Fighter. Mainly because the fighters I like usually have way smaller playerbases.

When's Skullgirls 2 :saddowns:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thought Kingdom Hearts were menu games?

If that were a Platinum joint you might have my attention

I kinda like postgame KH2 as an action game more than some Platinum games

Nina fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 11, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Looper posted:

man the kingdom hearts art style don't look too good in HD

Are you telling me you don't want to see crusty Xehanort's every pore.

Honestly it's a bit plasticy on non-Disney characters but it looks grand in motion and the Disney boys look just right.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I gotta hand it to them Hades is looking fantastic

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Guy Mann posted:

It's kind of sad that one of the gimmicks the PS2 version of KH2 pushed was the fact that there were a few parts where they were able to render armies of hundreds of enemies onscreen but a decade later KH3 looks like it has the same small areas and clusters of enemies,

Based on what we've seen though the worlds are pretty vast this time

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

New Mario just makes me smile. It's not even hype or anything it's just a joyful feeling :unsmith:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

an actual dog posted:

It's honestly really interesting that Michel Ancel just randomly lied about that. There's a lot that's very weird about BG&E2 right now and I'm dying to know what the actual state of the game is.

What if it was actually a fairly last minute decision to show it now instead of at say GDC or such. I don't think it's impossible

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

an actual dog posted:

Yea I thought that too. I wonder what changed?

Well I mean if it was to spice up the conference and get Ubisoft good PR the idea was a massive success

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

corn in the bible posted:

people make fun of mass effect andromeda but it's way better than da 2 or 3

The main story ending is garbage and removing the AI customization sucked but other than those DA Inquisition was thoroughly enjoyable to me.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Quest For Glory II posted:

this shouldn't be a shocker but BG&E2 sounds like the Vaporwariest Vaporware

I'm really worried now. Esp hearing how they're pulling off an FFXV and completely resetting development

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I thought it was pretty fun but my standards for slower RPG gameplay aren't very high.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

I know they don't use 2D stuff because it is very expensive to do that but does anybody know if the technology behind things like Guilty Gear XRD's graphics is cheap enough to pull off? I wouldn't be opposed to more games adopting that style if it will let them achieve a 2D look without the cost of 2D animation.

Xrd has hand-manipulated frames with 3D models so most studios that pick 3D graphics over 2D wouldn't bother because that beats the whole point with animation efficiency. If you're going to do Xrd style 3D you might as well do 2D.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I think the issue here is bad internet providers actually selling plans with data caps

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I'm playing Breath of the Wild really late but wow this game has so much that just hits my tastes spot on when it comes to game design. There could be a bit more dungeons and a bit less shrines but I love that the game runs with giving you your full entire moveset from the very beginning so everything can be designed around it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I can't tell if Xenoblade is actually good or not or if everyone just plays it for the lovely british voice acting

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

corn in the bible posted:

the PS4 PRO has better graphics and can do 4k output, but all the non-pro ps4s are the same and you won't be losing out by having an old one. there's no pro exclusive games either, unlike the new 3ds.

if you're gonna go insane cause every game isnt 1080p60fps then don't buy it but otherwise it's perfectly fine!

You make it sound like devs are actually using the Pro for 60fps

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Sonic Adventure games are weird because they're jank as all hell but somehow I don't have a bad time playing them? Like there's method to their madness and some backwards appeal to the layers and layers of cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Revengeance is worth it for the last bits alone. It's peak videogames

• Locked thread