Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

After restrictive cart sizes FF7 was basically Wow Look At All This Space the game

And then they still decided it needed three discs lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chomp8645 posted:

*Creates complex system of status effects including counters to specific effects. Blind, paralyze poison, attack up, attack down, magic up, magic down, etc..."

*Literally all are useless they disable/stun because characters die in three hits*

Which game is this?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Come on Erg I know you're better than that

It's games posters

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Macarius Wrench posted:

FF7 was great, it was new, fresh, exciting. To a young lad who had only been exposed to platformers, beat-em-ups and shooters I had never seen a game with that style or that kind of dramatic plotline or even really simple concepts like casting a Fire spell or summoning a monster to fight for you.

Every JRPG I've played since then has been a weak disappointment in comparison, not that I've dabbled heavily in the genre but they peaked for me personally 20 years ago and this upcoming remake is only going to ruin every piece of childhood nostalgia I have.

Good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some jrpgs where status effects actually mattered?

I wanna say shadow hearts had some that mattered because everybody had the potential to be overpowered in that game and if you didn't do your buffs right, you could get absolutely wrecked, but if you did do your buffs right, you could stunlock even bosses.

All SMT games, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest. It depends what you mean by 'mattered' because there's a ton of games where they're useful but people just over level and never touch them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Are you a webcomic author from 2003?

So where do those monsters keep all that money and items anyway, huh?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PantsBandit posted:

I'm really not a JRPG fan but playing Tales of Berseria I was like "wooooah JRPGs can actually have fun gameplay, maybe I just hate turn-based poo poo"

This is reinforced by the fact that I liked everything about Pokemon Sun and Moon except for the combat.

Don't let this take you down the path of playing a Star Ocean game though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't suggest Xenoblade if what they wanted was fun combat....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The White Dragon posted:

didn't they, though, for the xbox, and it was awful

Are you mixing it up with Vandal Hearts, there aren't any Xbox Shining games, not even the bad action RPGs wearing it's skin.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KingSlime posted:

yo just dropping in to say that BLASTER MASTER ZERO is a fun gane and i am looking forward to mighty burst or whatever

BM Zero owns, haven't gotten around to Mighty Gunvolt Burst yet but it looks cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing can help you now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Konami winning back the hearts and minds of gamers by reminding them of when they made games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

hi everyone here's a cat in a tank what's your favorite tank game

Death Tank

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't a mech just a walking tank

Walking panzer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember a friend having the Saturn version of ShellShock which I definitely played but literally nothing else about it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GenericOverusedName posted:

I mean the first game predated memory cards being a thing if I recall correctly so it kind of made sense but still

Nah memory cards were a thing from day 1 of PS1, not all early games used them though. I wonder if the weird saves in Crash 1 were because of that crazy hardware bug they found making the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have that, it's just a slip case though not the actual box so I guess it just depended where you bought it from.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just because I say things doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Showers with Kasumi are premium content only. Starter edition just gets Bass' sweaty jockstrap.

Don't need a videogame for that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish my life was this cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sitting that close sure

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

The FMV in MGS1 is cool

The only reason MGS1 needed to be on two discs was because of those minute long clips lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That humanity's default state is 'horny af' shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, much less anyone who spends time on the internet.

• Locked thread