Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I may give Warby Parker a shot next time - they have a couple of retail locations locally, so I can actually go in and try things on.

You can actually request to have a few choices mailed to you to try on, and then you just mail them back. My wife did that a few times, it's a lot easier than driving into center city Philly to the shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
20 miles, varies between 38 minutes and more than an hour. Going between Philly suburbs can suck.

If I can work remotely 2-3 days per week, I'd buy in this area. If I have to be in every day, I'd move closer, but even a 3 mile commute will take almost 30 minutes in this area.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
GM brake lines are a wear item.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

freelop posted:

Just encountered an unexpected hazard whilst cycling at night.
Thought there was another bike ahead as I saw a red flash of light but when the beam became solid I saw it was someone shining a laser pen in my eyes. 15 mins later and I can still see dots

When I had this problem as a pedestrian, I just said loudly "sucks my only laser is attached to my pistol", and the light immediately went out and the laughter from a nearby house stopped very suddenly.

Funny that.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Saw romeo and juliet at the globe. It was not a traditional performance. It was good

Nice. I saw the Tempest there, uh, fifteen years ago? Notable parts were Caliban "pissing", and later spitting smoked fish onto the pit audience. Immersive theatre!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

slidebite posted:

Where are you going to be Aug 21 for the Eclipse?
https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/best-places-to-view/

Those of you in the US and SW Canada, are you going to try to see it?

My parents are letting my wife and I use the vacation house by Charleston. Aiming to be on the beach for it, we'll see if that works. Need to start checking Amazon for eclipse viewing supplies soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Lloyd, that's extra dumb on their part. In bigger cities, companies are often given tax breaks if they allow flex scheduling, which is largely a half assed attempt to alleviate rush hour traffic.

• Locked thread