Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cakedude: my tone was intended to be positive :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cakesmith handyman posted:

I like watching mighty car mods but goddamn I cannot stand moogs voice.

yeah kiwis sound silly

edit: why did i think MCM was a kiwi show? or am i thinking of flight of the conchords

ive been staring at this line of code for too long jesus christ

they sound like typical aussies to me :shrug:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 6, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My fuel line by my door is leaking and I didn't notice it until this morning. Kept wondering why I smelled gas

I went from full tank to a quarter of a tank just today so I guess my Saturday is booked

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm taking that in tomorrow for some other person to do because double gently caress that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I spent $250 to get my gas line fixed because gently caress spending my Saturday under my car when it's 90° and gorgeous outside

Drove it there and walked the three miles home and it was so nice to walk somewhere in the sun

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Commute chat: it takes 45 minutes to go 18 miles. My team/company in general is outgrowing the space we are locked into for the next five years so I'm trying to convince my boss to move us to an office five miles from my house

Also my old commute was 1.5hr for 38 miles which almost killed me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Florida afternoon storms were fantastic on my vacation there. Come inside, smoke a cigar on the porch and watch it come down, then go back to doing your thing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

scuz posted:

For anyone who's wondering: 13 tacos is a good number vis a vis number of tacos to eat in a single sitting.

Your new av rules

thanks dude :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

please do not sacrifice the rest of your life to give a boomer maybe another five or ten years (unless you really like them in which case idk)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

??? FYI, people can live perfectly full and complete lives with one kidney. Your hated of boomers knows no bounds, I guess. Would you deny one of your parents a kidney if it'd give them another five or ten years?

Oh hmm I thought that you needed more medical attention and were more susceptible to sickness with only one kidney. I guess I should have googled before :justpost:ing

also wrt boomer, in this case i mostly meant someone who does not have much time left (on average) compared to other people.

Adiabatic posted:

I was talking about both you and fSWp. I'm asking for everyone to be civil in light of a pretty heavy decision.

yeah i never meant to come off as uncivil, i'm on 3 hours of sleep because the witcher 3 is v good and i am v irresponsible

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WOW SPOILERS GUYS CMON

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Answer me this please then to decide the ever aged argument.... what the everliving gently caress are you exactly?????

if u actually read the books u would see that tom bombadil is jesus christ ok

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've had it with stubbing my toe, time to shoot my foot off

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Name check

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

mods plz namechange to FORTRAN'S RIGHTS

I was gonna use Twelve Years A [:|::] but decided it was way too obscure

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The IX is way too early naughties but without the cool earlier naughties Japanese look à la the skyline or Supra

Or STi even lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I finished the floor in the new laundry room, new 97% furnace and a 3.5t AC are going in on Monday

Living without AC for the past two weeks has been quite the uh treat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

lol you live in Michigan

Ok so it gets a bit warm in the summer.

i personally like the heat but the missus is a michigan thoroughbred and it's been 94 all week so she's been a puddle

global warming is a myth guys

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What is the best front loading washer and dryer for a budget of $1000 total? I know you guys are obsessed with these things

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

Fuuuuuuck... I got an email from my thermostat last night telling me that the AC was doing a poo poo job. Still hauled it down to 70* now, but it took too long.

18 year old system, so I'm looking at replacing both. What is yours going to cost?

It's gonna be about $7500 for the new system plus install then we get about a grand in rebates and tax things back

Check the original date on the old one:

It was kind of old

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It wasn't even dead yet, we just wanted something that didn't put $0.40/$1.00 out the chimney

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

slidebite posted:

Front load washer chat...

Typically it goes in order of preference..European makes followed by North American and then Korean. Note makes does not necessarily = country of origin.

I just did a lot of research on this myself and ended up with an Electrolux set but I think that would be over your budget. You might be able to get a deal on the entry level set to make it close though? This is their basic full size washer.

Speaking to my appliance repair guy (he had to get me a part for something) he rates Miele, Bosch and Electrolux pretty close in terms of reliability in the real world. North Americans brands decent, but can be hit and miss, and finds the Koreans (LG, Samsung) pretty much on par for reliability but LGs parts availability and warranty program is absolutely atrocious, easily the worst in the market. Kenmores are typically re-badged Korean units. They go so far now as to not even want to work on LGs and tells people that call them with an LG issue just to call the 1-800 LG hotline and arrange to troubleshoot and repair through it.

If I had a budget of $1K, I'd probably go to my local costco and see if they had in Whirlpools or Maytags in stock you could get within budget.

There are other niche brands like but leaving those out completely based on $$$.

Note, if you are talking about second floor installs and extra large capacity are important to you, that changes the dynamic around a bit.

Nice, thanks for this. We can probbo swing more than a grand since if it's an obvious quality increase it's worth it to me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

[ASK] ME how hard it's been to find a loving 04 compressor for not $texas

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

:colbert:

gently caress your computers, we have Torsen and locking diffs.

https://youtu.be/9kT8x0uui2o

automotive insanity likes to gently caress their computers and cum in them

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Why you gotta be so literal.

https://youtu.be/JW9L7SGtmRU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I finished painting + hanging the cabinets in the laundry room

Just gotta pick a new washer and dryer, paint and hang the trim, and paint the rest of the basement and it'll be done

Doing counter top against an unsquare wall sucks super bad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Darchangel posted:

You should paint those cabinets. They seem a little worn.

Ha I made the same joke to the missus

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Those floors :heysexy: Cabinets aren't bad and the color works but the artificially aged is kind of meh. With the houses we've been looking at I have a feeling it's time to branch out from just fixing cars to basic woodworking and house poo poo. Upside is new tools!

Might have missed the house we likes with the big detached garage but there will be others. I'm kind of bummed but the location of that one was just poo poo, hopefully the next ones will be more ideal.

Yeah dude, the floors are waterproof vinyl so they look fantastic for being fake :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why must Korean food be so good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tomarse posted:

I used to think that you Americans were big pansies for having aircon everywhere but this heatwave in the U.K. has made me completely understand and I'm really sorry I ever doubted you.

Today I had to go on the tube at rush hour.:supaburn:

Now imagine it getting 94F outside in the summer and -10F in the winter and you can understand detroit lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Except everywhere in Detroit has AC, and no houses and about half the cars in the UK have it because 20 years ago you had to go to the south of France to get temps over 80F.

It's currently 84 degrees in London at 9pm lmao.

It wasn't that hot in LA yesterday at 9pm and we're having a heat wave.

Oh i didnt realize that

how the hell do you survive without glorious 80F weather?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hi guys

steam sale

buh bye

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cakesmith handyman posted:

Well I guess that means no more nerd posts for a month

you'll still be posting so all our bases are covered

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Titanfall 2 is good but Overwatch is better team shooter

PUBG is also extremely good though I guess all three of these are technically different sub genres of FPS?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Overwatch plays like a lovely MOBA adapted to look like a first person shooter, complete with terrible matchmaking, questionable "balance", retarded pubbies, and ten year olds screaming racial slurs.

It set out to accomplish its goal: Make Blizzard MOBA grade money while being unique enough to spawn a shitload of even worse clones that do nothing but bolster the popularity of the original.

Pfffft git gud scrub

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ended up getting the Whirlpool Cabrios for $300 off each, total cost was about $1500 with a 10% discount coupon from Lowes

These things are wicked quiet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Darchangel posted:

...that are made in China.

whirlpool are made here in michigan (though i'm sure all the parts are from china)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

Man this coding class is an elective, why is it more intuitive and enjoyable than the vibes class I need to graduate? I thought coding was supposed to be an indecipherable and arcane majyyk.

Vibes exam tomorrow got me hella nervous to where I can't even focus on studying for it.

Coding is fun and great until it's 2a the morning before your deliverable is delivered and you can't figure out why your code compiles fine on this machine but not that one and also why the hell did you use a goddamn motherfucking switch statement to handle that you loving dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

But I digress

• Locked thread