Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Isn't the usual plan to post the new thread before the old one gets closed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And that's exactly what happened :)
I swear I saw the old one closed, hit the main AI link, and there was no June thread. Hit F5 and there was.
*shrug*

Maybe I'm getting old.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Quite seriously, it seems some people find separate beds work out really well for them.
My parents have never routinely slept in the same bed. He worked nights and they had opposing schedules, and when he retired they got separate beds. 30...8 years? Something like that.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

I know we've had this discussion but what is everyone's commute? Currently I'm 21 miles, ~30 minutes
10 miles, 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic. 75% freeway.

And I still bitch about the time it takes me.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

My commute is 6 miles to school, usually about 20-30 minutes depending on if I stop at the convenience store.

On bad days it can take that long again to find parking.
Ride a drat bicycle.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Just spent 2 hours doing a wash and wax on my Mustang, which desperately needed it. I'll do the windows in the morning before C&C.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...how Titanfall 2 is the best FPS for a long time
It was entertaining but not worth the price of admission.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Better yet! They will probably use FedEx or UPS "Smart Post" through USPS and it will take anywhere from 10-15 days for delivery! All to save about one or two dollars on shipping :buddy:
Don't think I've ever had a package be late due to smart post. Maybe once? And I get packages almost every day. (Which I guess could be why)

QuarkMartial posted:

My wife and I are waiting on the paperwork to go through so we can buy a car from a vending machine. Truly, this is the future.
What's this now?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

At the airport dropping off GF's kid, then heading out on a 6 hour drive down to vandenburg to hang at a beach and visit her ex husband's cousin (whom apparently picked her side over his, since he's a cheating dick) and watch the SpaceX launch tomorrow before driving back.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

I drove over to Titusville yesterday to watch a launch from up close, it was a great trip. Try and get a side-on view of the launch track if you can.
We're going to end up about 4 miles and just under the horizon from the pad. We'll still feel the power and sonic boom, from what I can tell.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Speaking of cars in movies, this is now out and I'm seeing it tomorrow. It's supposedly superb...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirEgK7yJCg
.... What the hell.
Ok, looks interesting. Next Tuesday, maybe.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

The Midniter posted:

Was this a dick move? We're the customers and buying a car is a big decision and a major purchase, so I feel like we were within our rights to do this. What does AI think?
Who cares? It's your money. Tell the first dude to pound sand and the sales manager exactly why you requested somebody else.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

financially racist posted:

the people down the road moved out of the house they were renting and left their non-running rx7 fd behind.

it has no rust but i have no idea why it doesn't run. i am thinking of asking the landlord about it since he will presumably get it via abandonment.

please talk me out of this terrible, terrible idea.
If its cheap get it get it get it get it get it get it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

DJ Commie posted:

It was my night off without the kiddos last night and I had big plans. What really happened is that I got home at 5:45pm and slept until 6am. I don't think I've slept that much in years, I guess its been that kind of week.
Life goals for after 30: in bed by 8PM.

• Locked thread