Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Sure would be nice if all of these productivity gains went towards fewer working hours.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Other than what happened the last time the air traffic controllers got uppity?

Can you go into a little more detail I must have missed this.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Was looking for confirmation on this and got it.

Donnie is planning to livetweet the Comey hearing.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/872124931248717825

Robert Costa is really tied into the administration, so his poo poo is good.

Please please please happen.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Holy gently caress

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Plus the whole slavery angle that's bubbled up out of her book sure is... well, it's something alright.

Expand on this please, I'm not gonna read her book.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I'm the upside down mag pouches on tactimom's back.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

i know for a fact everyone in the USCG involved in this has a raging erection right now because prosecuting hoax callers is a rare thing for us.

Good.

This hoax is so far beyond the run of the mill swatting I couldn't see them letting this slide at all.

I wonder what the overall cost of this whole thing was? As in everything from asset deployment to lost business costs.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

I work with these people. They are good at what they do, but much like Ben Carson, and pretty much anyone else, they are next to useless outside their element. I know someone will throw up the defense, "they are great with constantly changing goals and personnel etc" but honestly a top kick probably has more experience getting people situated in government housing than her.

Why do they keep picking people with no experience and assuming they'll just somehow make up for the total lack of knowledge rapidly and become effective leaders?

I mean I guess I know why but gently caress, it's frustrating.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Decades and decades of people shouting that "we need to run the government like a business!" while completely ignoring the many, many things wrong with the statement. gently caress experience, gently caress knowledge, gently caress contacts, gently caress public service, if you run a business and can extract profit you are automatically a part of the elite class in america and should be given deference as such.

It's so frustrating because people having a place to live is on the line. We need people who are not only effective leaders, but are also subject matter experts.

Instead we are just jamming anyone with some vague leadership experience into these slots. Hell sometimes leadership experience isn't even required and they are just good at an unrelated thing.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Derek Dominoe posted:

The dream of technocracy has never really panned out. The combination of SME and top-notch leadership skills is rare.

It's okay for the appointees at the top of federal and state agencies to be selected because they are truly outstanding leaders who can lean on the technical experts advising them for the nuts and bolts. The problems are that Republicans have been (ironically) lambasting the idea of a career as a civil servant and those political appointees are usually chosen for connections rather than actual leadership abilities.

I'm not pushing for a technocracy, I just want someone with enough working experience in the field to lead effectively. I'm not pushing for anything ground breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

- House bill passes with big Rose Garden celebration.
- Polling shows bill is hated.
- Donnie sees polls, calls bill "mean" behind closed doors, unconfirmed.
- Senate bill introduced.
- Obama calls bill mean.
- Donnie gets mad, accuses Obama of stealing his word, confirms he called bill mean on Fox News.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/878927023913271296

:cripes:

The hilarious part is it's a completely blown opportunity for some decent optics finally. He could have generated some goodwill with this.
Just had to say something to the effect of,
"Well me and former president Obama don't see eye to eye on many things at all, but in this we do."

Instead he acts like a first grader and completely missed the dig Obama made.

• Locked thread