Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
How can the guy in command of the most powerful military bitch, without fail, about unfairness.

Jesus H. Christ, CLEAN COAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, on the upside, late night comedy hosts can spend the next week making fun of Trump once again being wrong about absolutely everything and understanding absolutely nothing, in the most recent case, the impact of temperature changes of fractures of a degree Celsius.

"WE'RE GONNA HAVE THE CLEANEST AIR, WE'RE GONNA HAVE THE CLEANEST WATER, WE'RE GONNA BE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, BUT WE'RE NOT GONNA SACRIFICE OUR JOBS"

:lol:

Who's in the audience? Jesus Christ

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, so it's like the "pro-Russian rebels" in Ukraine that totally aren't Russian regulars? Got it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Wasn't Manafort the final dungeon of Secret of Mana?

I loved that game. So much that I played it through again on an SNES emulator last year.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Sergg posted:

Trump just nominated Richard Spencer for Secretary of Navy.

Reported for coquetting with everyone's fears, you loving apocalyptic cock-tease t:mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The guy that always goes for the "Yeah, WELL WE SHOULD BAN SPOONS BECAUSE THEY MAKE PEOPLE FAT" is now the president.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871331574649901056

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I have a fairly simple system to customize my passwords to every service or website that some IT goofball once showed me.

You come up with a base-password that you modify by any number of criteria you choose, dependant on the service you're logging into, it's name, length of name, type of domain, number of loving vowels in it, all of which can trigger inclusion of different effects.

Like, a basic version would be to add the first and last letter of the service name, add a y or n if it's longer or shorter than x characters, or alternate capitalization if there's more than two vowels in there, etc.

Make up a "recipe" that you can remember easily and there you are. Don't write it down or save it, like my dad does.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Imagine if the EU put up a US travel ban

Reinstating visa requirements for US citizens isn't off the table yet. There should be some EU-US talks this month about exactly that.

Seeing as the US administration is the EU's biggest fan at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/do-you-now-need-visa-your-european-trip-n729966

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

not caring here posted:

That mma dickhead war machine got sentenced to 36 years to life

Good

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

RIP Qatar world cup

Better than having dudes play in 130 degrees, I guess

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I thought I could avoid that Kathy Griffin person, but I even ran into some teaser or blurb on a German website about her "sympathy campaign" and how the first family is totally out to get her.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

cowboy elvis posted:

pretty much

I'm expecting Comey to not drop serious bombs but who the gently caress knows

This was me until Trump basically announced he'll be live-tweeting the whole shindig. Now I'm expecting a proper clusterfuck.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/872510415653285888

Holy balls. "I need loyalty. I expect loyalty."

Tomorrow shaping up to be good.

This isn't even news, it's from like March or sometime around then, he asked him multiple times about loyalty, and Comey kept dodging, eventually saying he'll get honesty from him or something, and then Trump made up some more word salad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Someone tell me what the best outcome Tories hoped for was

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Genocide Tendency posted:

I knew the Brits were in trouble when Brexit leader was the front runner over:

A Hamas supporter
Samwell Tarly
The Black Knight
A quest giver from an RPG

Edit:

Here is the picture:

Edit 2:

Also. Some bigwig in ISIS's news operation Amaq was arrested by the Krauts.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/873008193420525568

http://i.imgur.com/7STE6CJ.mp4

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm down with Lord Buckethead's agenda, y'all

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

MAGA rallies are a good way to see the worst possible tactical gear and clothing decisions.

Does that guy have a shovel holster on his tactikilt?

mlmp08 posted:

The antifa who are very far away, duh.

...antifar away?

:downsrim:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Utilikilts seem to be a comedy product, though.

Those dudes, however, don't seem to be wearing them for comedy value.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

There's a reason why professionals who have to open carry have holsters with active retention

Clear something up for me, passive retention is "how tight" the holster is, then? And active has some locking mechanism?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

tastefully arranged labia posted:

One of these things is not like the others...

One's rolling coal? :downs:

"Sonnenrad Black Sun US Flag"

American Neo-Nazis can't even come up with their own dumb symbolism, and instead steal from other dumb Neo-Nazi groups. CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How the gently caress are there still no confirmed casualties from that residential rocket stove?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I just read an open letter from some supposed citizen's action group that urged owners to unfuck their poo poo after a close call during a 2013 electrical fire incindent, but it's so loving full of mind blowing premonition and clairvoyance that I'm assuming it's fake at this point.

Which, in this timeline, of course means that it's legit

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Donnie will blame Hillary obstructionist democrats, mention the election he won bigly despite not being expected to win it bigly, and talk about himself.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Complementary link to his statement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQH1YCgJ5u4

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Trump is a loving robot when he's reading off scripts, but that's somehow still better than his ranting. This speech almost shows some decorum, I'm having trouble perceiving this.

/edit:

I don't believe it.

That was...appropriate?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My money's on Steven Hawking kicking it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh hang on, it's Trump's birthday. I guess this is the one day in the year where he's scandal free?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

I know a thing or two about acute trauma to the pelvis. I did not know that the round he took to the hip had included his pelvis. Like, pelvis injuries are terrible. The pelvis is a cobweb of arteries and veins, the bowel and bladder floats around in there every which way, the pelvis and a leg can hold over a liter of blood each.. Repair of pelvic injuries is a huge loving deal and, as you could imagine, stopping bleeding via tamponade or "holding pressure" is nigh impossible. I took care of a dude who got shot in the rear end and the round bounced off of his pelvis every which way and just shredded everything in there.

He could be in a very bad way. As well, every single day on a vent or back and forth into an OR is another day a complication or hospital acquired infection could occur. A lot of people don't appreciate that general anesthesia isn't like being asleep, your body literally thinks it is running from a lion the entire time it is being cut on. Its hard as hell on a person.

I knew general anesthesia wasn't a walk in the park for the body, but it somehow never occurred to me that way.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

orange juche posted:

Yeah they don't pump you up on pain meds for the surgery, they sedate you. People who have woken up in the middle of surgery (an absolutely horrifying experience) can have to undergo some pretty intense therapy to deal with the PTSD from the experience. Inter-operative awareness is like a loving nightmare come to life because you can hear, see, and feel exactly what is going on, but cannot move because you are likely paralyzed by the sedatives and muscle relaxants, so you can't even indicate that you are aware and feeling to the OR staff, it's up to the anesthesiologist noticing that your readings aren't right and correcting your anesthesia.

Your body still feels all of that pain, and reacts to it, even if you're not conscious of it.

I woke up during surgery once, and it took the better part of a year before the nightmares stopped. Partially responsible was the fact that they hosed up the spinal anesthesia and I slowly lost all muscles from the waist down, but slowly moving up, to the point where my breathing went, and I literally didn't have any breath to tell the anesthesiologist about this. So I'm trying to breathe, but can't, and the two doctors in the room are telling me to relax and "just calm down".

They didn't realize anything was wrong until vomit started slowly pouring out my mouth without any convulsions as my eyes were screaming panic at them. They figured poo poo was hosed, intubated me, added a general anesthesia on top of the whole deal, and then I woke up about an hour into surgery.

poo poo was not fun.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 15, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I left out how much fun spinal anesthesia is when the guy needs three tries to get the needle in. Ranks right behind a lumbar puncture with two tries I once had in terms of fun

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vasectomies are similar. I had to get an extra injection of the local because I could still feel what he was doing on ball number 1. I also got to see and smell the smoke rising from my testicles when he cauterized everything. [ask] me about having a soldering iron inside my scrotum.

Did you get one of those deals where they go in and gently caress poo poo up for good, or where the procedure is reversible in the future?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Laranzu posted:

My metabolism finally slowed down enough that I can keep muscle mass on at 31

I'm 34, and I still build muscle really quickly, but don't burn fat for poo poo.

I also look 24, taking after my dad who's 75 and looks 50, good genes, I guess.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Current event: My first chancellor kicked the bucket

RIP :(

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/875737094794227714

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

For what it's worth, it looked like the collision happened with the container ship's front and the destroyer's side, so who knows who is at fault.

I mean, other than the Destroyer's Captain who probably won't be Captain much longer :v:

Isn't the cardinal rule that the larger ship always has the right of way? So when you get t-boned by a container ship in a smaller, more maneuverable vessel...uhhh...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

By the time they got close to hitting they had most certainly slowed quite a bit, but the problem is there aren't really any brakes out on the ocean.

I'm gonna make mad money designing a one-time use emergency brake for warships. It'll be a high-tensile-strength parachute-type of deal with buoys on the upper edge of the canopy, weights on the bottom for rapid submersion. Attach it to a load bearing point on the stern of the ship and have it be launched by an ASROC-esque system or ASW mortar type of launcher. I'll do marketing for it in some congressional district with heavy reliance on ship-building jobs to build some lobbying power, and then float the product the next time some captain runs his ship aground or into some other poo poo.

All the design will be done internally by then, but I'll repeatedly claim ongoing setbacks and development issues after I've secured the Pentagon contract, artificially inflating my costs forever and a day. I'll put another provision in the contract for longer-than-usual sea trials that require copious amounts of my own employees for maintenance and evaluation because of some proprietary bullshit I'll put in it. I'll also allocate way too little training slots for navy personnel to be authorized to operate the system. After 3 years or so, I'll announce some unforeseen incompatibility of my system with USN ships due to some structural bullshit, but blame it on them for failed disclosure or something.

And in 10 years, when I've already been snorting coke off of hookers asses in the Bahamas for 7 years, the entirety of the most powerful blue water navy on the planet will be proudly sporting my butt-parachutes.

Oh, call the system R.E.T.A.R.D. (N)
I'll make up some bullshit for what it stands for in my first year on the Bahamas while blasted out of my mind.

Checkmate, poors. :smug:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Automated Underwater Tensile Impulse Speed Mitigator.

Welcome to my board of directors.

Also, I have openings for any of y'all fools that ever stared at a quart of sea water, or lectured someone that it's not pronounced "FORECASTLE".

Nobles get a signing bonus, but also probationary period, for no reason whatsoever. Failed nobles like me and anyone with a medical separation get a hot personal assistant and stock options.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Two Finger posted:

:stare: that's loving insane for anyone not familiar with shipping.

I assume it's the naval equivalent of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiFDemyVTM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm42sikiW3Y

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dude appears to be in custody, but still...really loving terrible. On top of that: Imagine waking up on father's day to the death of your little girl

:smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I agree, road rage definitely encompasses savage beating with a club from a car

...and subsequent kidnapping

...and further savage beating

...and murder by way of baseball bat

...and concealment of a corpse

Yup, no other possible angle to this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I was looking for a movie to watch later while my living room gets cleared out.

• Locked thread