Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
As long as you can prove you're on the clock, your employer is liable, especially if it's delivery poo poo.

What's gonna be hosed up is when walmart expects its employees to clock out before leaving for a delivery. Gonna be another decade long class-action lawsuit about that alone. Probably because it will be policy that managers clock employees out as soon as they leave the store.

I loving hate walmart, and all of Arkansas that birthed it and the Waltons. Let's just soak the entirety of Arkansas in gasoline and let a match sort it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wonder when a Walmart employee will snap and shoot their manager.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I probably should have looked it up. Frankly, I'm disappointed no one's waited for a visit from some corporate schmuck and shot him. With an off the rack Remington 12 gauge from the outdoors department.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
AI is moving along fast enough that I'd agree with 5-10 years. At least in terms of interstates and large highways. Cities are probably going to depend on when they decide to spend money to make all the safe space poo poo work, but the worst part about driving will generally be covered.

And truck drivers only make what the road allows. Most start with companies paying $0.30-0.40/mile. Get hung in traffic for a day and burn all your hours trying to crawl a hundred miles, and you ain't making dick for the day, let alone averaging minimum wage. For some OTR, minimum wage might be a pay increase. Also gently caress 70-80 hour work weeks, because if you're not working that many hours, you are paying no bills.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Carteret posted:

:lol: This never happens.

Atlanta any time it rains more than a quarter inch or is remotely near freezing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not saying that's a common thing, and most will drive in the off-peak hours if they can, but there are just places that are an eternal hell. Boston comes to mind, any old city with narrow rear end streets.

OTR guys that don't see the inside of cities aren't all that common. At some point there's going to be a poo poo day, or a never ending string of them, where every pick up or drop is going to be in a poo poo spot or where the dock leaves your truck in the road or you're stuck in a queue for six hours.

And there's plenty of days where they run 70mph across flat nothing land. But there's still days you get hosed. Especially if you're lumping unpaid. Trucking companies can suck my dick from the back of a 53 foot trailer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

crazyivan45 posted:

They need to send astronauts to Memphis to practice driving on the surface of the moon. This city destroyed the suspension on two of my cars in under a year. Instead of fixing pot holes the city just throws giant 2inch thick metal plates over them. Because hitting one of those fuckers at 50mph doesn't have any negative repercussions

Pro-tip: leave Memphis

Reference: 5 years of living there.

gently caress that city. The only recourse left is to burn it to the ground.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Alright, how many of you fucks are from Memphis? Did someone strap a giant magnet to the city that attracts ex-mil types?

I have no love for a place where it's physically possible to wake up with sweaty balls because the humidity is so loving high, even with the AC on.

Haven't seen one 90 degree day yet in Colorado and the humidity is always like, 20-30% here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nobody has given much of a poo poo about Maher in years and his show will probably stay on because his fan base has the same "can't see the forest with all these trees in the way" mentality, just from the west coast instead of Kansas.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kathy Griffin isn't losing any fans over her poo poo either, even though she lost her once a year CNN gig.

Her stand up specials are okay, if you can tolerate her voice and pace, but it's a lot of Bravo talk from what I remember, so bitchy/catty.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Meh. She's equally annoying to me as most of Trump's staff, if not slightly less.

Besides, she's D list. She'll be in the big public eye long enough to get another Bravo talk show and the rest of the world will carry on ignoring her.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh poo poo, european angelina jolie gonna come adopt mah babbies?

Let's not pretend something like that wouldn't turn out like that woman from Tennessee that adopted a russian 8 year old and sent him back alone on a plane to moscow because he was the devil incarnate or something.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
:same:

Some place I went last week for lunch was all "want to donate a dollar to vets?" and I said something to the effect of "no because I am one". Felt good. And got me a discount.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wait, are we not friends with Qatar anymore?

Don't we have an air force base there? I distinctly remember taking a few four day passes there during OIF.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They better run that poo poo over NPR so I can drive my coworkers nuts with newstalk all morning. Comey will be coming on when I walk in the door of the warehouse.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That name is never not going to feel like a pseudonym.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's gonna be a dozen headlines all worked around that Reality angle.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I thought I could avoid that Kathy Griffin person, but I even ran into some teaser or blurb on a German website about her "sympathy campaign" and how the first family is totally out to get her.

She'll only be relevant as long as the republicans are whining about her.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CNN is telling me the Keebler Klansman offered up resignation to the Donald.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't want president pence more than anyone else does, but I'm pretty sure the Rs aren't going to do anything to Donnie unless he turns off the nationalism and starts agreeing with anything a democrat says.

He's a loving idiot, but I'd rather the idiot hold the wheel while Congress stays locked up than hand the keys to that cornfed Indiana asspile of a human being.

Trump is the stopped clock, but instead of twice a day, it's one of those army clocks with a 24 hour face. Pence would just waste time trying to drag us back to bible land, and he's much better at hiding poo poo from the limelight than Donnie Dumbass.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Just screenshot in the event it gets erased.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ahh, Angola.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
And Mississippi. There was a to-do about Haley Barbour pardoning the prisoners who worked in the governor's mansion some years ago.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

I don't get the south. I was in Huntsville this week and a dude in a coal rolling pickup was sporting Confederate plates. But if it weren't for NASA egg heads from Stanford and MIT (and frankly, a bunch of Nazi rocket scientists), Huntsville would still be a depressed loving poo poo hole like 95% of Alabama.

Coal rolling dipshits are everywhere. I see a couple a day. Occasionally I toy with the idea of saving them some time burning all that diesel and just jabbing a knife in the fuel tank, but you never gently caress with another person's ride.

I do flick a lot of cigarettes at them though. That's indirect fuckery, heavy reliant on wind and timing. I've yet to nail one in the face through an open window.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Re: coal rollers

They're all over Colorado. I'm dumb and live surrounded by mil-folk.

There's no point in calling the cops about it either, the local department is understaffed and paid less than the Denver or even county cops. They don't care. If they see someone do it, maybe they'll give out a ticket, but no one is getting a ticket from a call in for rolling coal.

It's so goddamn dumb of a trend, but it's not over until I see someone do it with a slammed, off-camber volkswagen.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

You could probably find someone in AI to do that for you.

I'm sure it's been done, I just haven't seen it rolling around the wild 30mph zones, where their wheels are slightly less likely to go flying off into traffic.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mlmp08 posted:

Same with the dummies who decided to run their cars off used restaurant grease.

Eh, the people still doing that are the kind of people who would tear an engine down once a year to "check on things" or whatever. They're forever stuck in a hobbyist venture that no reasonably paid mechanic would want to gently caress with. Like those guys that run propane on old jeeps.

Rolling coal is so much easier for idiots. The skill level required is low and the payoff for local mechanics is high. I love the idea of some moron loving up a diesel and trying to fix it in his garage like it's an old chevy 350.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably has suspenders running under his shirt to hold his skirt.

No rear end Syndrome is common in white people without appetites that spark Wilford Brimley to come on tv.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kilts in general aren't cheap. My part scottish coworker is one of those weird fucks that buys that poo poo. Probably has one of those utilikilts. He's also the zombie apocalypse guy and watches anime.

Kilts are weird and for weird people.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Wow this jumped straight from mild kiltshaming to full blown kiltphobia and kilt genocide

I associate kilts with those who I personally know own and wear one.

As of now, I know one who qualifies. Prove me wrong.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

I wanna get a bunch of liberal gun nuts together and go to a pride parade decked out in rainbow tacticool gear and AR15s.

I support this idea, and would like to suscribe to your newsletter.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I hope they tied it around his neck.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Congressman was hit in the hip. Kinda doubt you're putting a tourniquet on that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Missionary Positron posted:

https://twitter.com/AnnieLinskey/status/874963348844150784

Whew, I guess this one will go into the "boys will be boys"-pile like all the other consequences from shootings by white males.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/rebeccagberg/status/874963899895996417

Hahahaha.

Which loving goon did it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving christ. CBS is saying four wounded, Scalise, an aide, and two cops.

Thank gently caress gun culture doesn't glamorize how to zero. This gently caress shot at least 50 rounds and only wounded 4 people.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cbs just reported "a white male in his 40s or 50s" so lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wonder if the Alexandria shooter bought his guns in Illinois, or if he got them at a gun show or something out of state.

Illinois is already poo poo about gun laws. Watch this add a day to the waiting period.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've been trying to convince my brother to sell his sks for years. He bought it probably five years ago with a literal 5 gallon bright orange bucket of ammo. Came with other poo poo like a second stock and was bubba'd up. He could sell that piece of poo poo and finally finish his AR build, but no, the loving collector tick is on him and sucking him dry. He's more a quantity over quality guy too.

He also has a lovely remington 1911 that is the height of garbage 1911s. Not a smart shopper.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
http://www.wyff4.com/article/coast-guard-fbi-investigating-report-of-dirty-bomb-on-ship-in-charleston-county/10026002

Another local link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Here's one with more on the conspiracy theorists.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/charleston-dirty-bomb-port-wando-welch-terminal-evacuated-photos-south-carolina-you-tube-conspiracy-theorist/

Not the most trustworthy source, came up in my google feed.

• Locked thread