Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You see guys what is going on is he is draining the swamp just like he said he would. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sergg posted:

Trump just nominated Richard Spencer for Secretary of Navy.

so loving glad im not in

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

This guy is my friend and he is going to post here on Thursday.

u wot m8

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trump is so bad even the DPRK is getting in on the madness.

chickennoodlenetwork.com posted:

US President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement has been criticized by major global powers from Europe to South America.
Now North Korea is getting in on the act.
In a statement Tuesday, Pyongyang said Washington's move represented "the height of egoism and moral vacuum seeking only their own well-being, even at the cost of the entire planet."
"The selfish act of the US does not only have grave consequences for the international efforts to protect the environment, but poses great danger to other areas as well," a spokesman for the North Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs said, according to state news agency KCNA.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
He will say 'I don't recall'. GOP will say 'look see it's okay!!!'. Everything back to normal.

Believe me.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

This is both surprising and not.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874806846103707650

Donnie really WAS entertaining the thought of firing Mueller.

Someone please start up 10-15 rumors about the investigation being compromised in some way.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

shyduck posted:

CBS News reports the gunman was using an M4.

Somehow I doubt it was actually an M4.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

GoGoGadget posted:

I mean, they usually just say "assault rifle" or "m16"

MILITARY STYLE ASSAULT WEAPON

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:dukedoge:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Good to know he had the same taste in beer as my dead alcoholic grandfather. Er actually my OTHER dead alcoholic (step)grandfather. My real dead alcoholic grandpa was a cool dude who had been on AA for 50+ years.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hobbesmaster posted:

Uh they could've been armed if they wanted to be? That might've made it hard to play baseball though.

dianne feinstein (d) has a concealed carry license. you can bet she would be strapped.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So far this shooter has one of the worst KDRs

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I bet all that happens is all senators/reps will end up getting a 2-5 man full time detail at taxpayer expense.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ReebTop posted:

Re: dirty bombs. Had an uncle who was USCG in New York City some years ago, one of his favorite stories was getting a radiation hit off this packed container ship. Cue opening everything to look for the culprit.

Finally, they locate the hot container. Open it, expecting to find armageddon, and instead?

Porcelain toilets. A whole bunch of them. So, if the Coasties say there ain't no radiation, I believe them.

Pretty much every house in the USA has multiple sources of radiation.

it's in your smoke detector

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what happens to all the enlisted dudes when poo poo like that happens

does everyone get dropped or something

They might give LoR to whatever QM was on watch and/or lookout. Majority of the blame will be put on to the CO/XO, Navigator, and whomever was OOD.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ya even years ago regular merchant traffic went at around 10-16kts. They want fuel efficiency. Some of the newer (late 90s) ships were getting 5 bladed screws and would hit around 18kts at most. In that busy area I doubt they would be at a high transit speed.

edit : I tracked a LOT of merchant ships. We would even do ranging on them in sonar for practice by using sliderule wheels and simple formulas using bearing rate.

ded fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 18, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Maybe the skippers are under more pressure now or something. Thats dangerous poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I take you away from inane bullshit to bring you this special bulletin.

:siren: We just shot down a Syran jet after it bombed near US forces :siren:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/18/middleeast/syrian-warplane-shot-down-coalition/index.html

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
but her emails

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

OtspIII posted:

I've been lurking this thread for months and I still don't have any clue what a cole is.

that is best

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

The spokesman for Donnie's lawyer didn't lock down / purge his Twitter account. Whoops!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/us/politics/mark-corallo-trump-legal-team.html?referer=https://t.co/DHRU8xOLZo

Reminder: never tweet

excuse me but its winning with some exceptions or alternative winning

Missionary Positron posted:

If you absolutely have to tweetpost, use a loving alias. It's not hard :mad:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
That couch gunna get ruined. Buy a new couch thats not white.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So the problem is they brought him up on the wrong charges. The prosecutor hosed up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Victor Vermis posted:

"Don't reach for it"

"Don't pull it out"

"Don't pull it out!"

oh baby keep going im almost there

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
And shockingly it's garbage.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Anything Obama does Trump hates. It doesn't matter if it is calling his mother on mothers day. If Obama does it it's BAD.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

TBeats posted:

12th

Dimensional

Stupidity

it takes a true player to recognize one

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So what I do not understand is how exactly is a 90 day ban supposed to protect the country in any way? Aw shucks Abu Hajaar! We have to wait 3 months before we can travel to the US now!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And whatever the gently caress is west of Holbrook, Az.

The only things in Az getting nuked north of Phoenix are Page (Glen Canyon dam, I'm assuming), and something a little west of Holbrook. There's absolutely loving nothing there.

Also, I didn't know squat about the VLF Lualualei transmitter. I had no idea you could transmit to submerged submarines, let alone from incredibly far away.

The lower a freq is the further it can travel due to it attenuating less.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
People still buy newspapers for something other than pet cage lining?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
July 29, 1967 John McCain is deeply concerned about shipboard fires.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
All those linked twitter videos won't play due to all the stacked up bullshit ads they are trying to inject.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I wonder if they filter out 'the word list' when it pops up here.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Wasn't there some FFL dropout that posted here? ~heh~

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
We can't let this drag out any further.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

Also there was a shooting in an NYC hospital, a former employee with an "M-16 style rifle" (the media is bad at guns). Shooter down.

Watch it be another SKS.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Buca di Bepis posted:

They're usually close enough but weird gun people start to freak out if the media doesn't get the number of rivets correct

Man I just hate when they are all MILITARY STYLE ASSAULT WEAPON and it's some loving bolt action.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
how would they detect polonium if they did not look for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
East LA gangs need to step up their game.

• Locked thread