Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sydin posted:

Which also means that's grand slam #6 on the day, tying the all time record. :toot:
Matt Adams goes down in history!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Nope, that was #7, making it a new record!
Holy poo poo, you think everything that can be done in baseball has been done, and every year there's something new

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bartolo is done. Move him to the bullpen or get rid of him.

Not sure what good either would do, it's not like we have a serviceable replacement.
Yeah I was just coming to post "So Bartolo is done right?" I don't want them to call up anybody who's not ready but if it's a foregone conclusion we're getting shelled one(+) of every five nights just let Matt Wisler do that. Maybe there's a 2% chance he figures something out.

e: Snitker "won't commit" to Bartolo starting Saturday. RIP, you awesome fat man.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 6, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Emilio Bonifacio released :toot:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

What? Both Ender and Kemp are north of .300 and Markakis is close and a doubles machine. Definitely could use better players past them but you don't trade Tehran for a 4th outfielder.
Aside from the rotation 3B seems like the obvious position for the Braves to be shopping for. Anyone who makes sense on the market, for like 2+ years?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

goddamn non-ITPHRs are the best

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Didn't get to catch the game tonight but I see the Mets walked Danny Santana to get to Dansby, who then doubles two runs home? I know he's still not hitting well on paper but... that's a weird move?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I feel like Dansby should be hitting seventh by now, give him a reward for improving and a few more opportunities to learn a pitcher instead of getting IBBed pretty frequently.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why are they not putting him in AAA to work on stuff instead of burning his service time?
At this point I think he's visibly turned it around enough that he's just as well staying in Atlanta and taking his lumps. (A trash slider from a righty isn't an automatic swing-and-miss anymore). But the other thing is the team is so devoid of stars beyond Freddie that they really did make him a centerpiece of the marketing starting in the offseason. He's all over the TV spots, he's getting a bobblehead day soon, it would have been pretty awkward to send him down six weeks ago when he probably needed it.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was thinking Kelly Johnson
Him or Jim

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So what kind of return are we going to get on Jaime Garcia in like a month cause we are definitely flipping him while he's super hot

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

SEC put like 10 teams in regionals I think, they're usually one of the most competitive of the major conferences.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm still lolling at the Braves winning an 11-10 game

this is not a joke or irony: Tyler flowers legit deserves to be in the top 2 or 3 of NL catcher all-star votes

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was looking up to see if Greg Maddux actually had the most Madduxes and I learned that in 2006 at 40 years old he got traded to the Dodgers at the deadline, and then in August he pitches eight shutout innings on 68 pitches

and gets pulled for the loving closer

execute that manager

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

bumming your scene posted:

All this baby blue sucks
Is it a Father's Day thing?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bartolo Colon scratched from his upcoming start for "back tightness", canceling plans for a six-man rotation brought on by Brian Snitker's "brain dumbness".

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Huh

Mark Bowman posted:

As the Braves have discussed how to keep both Freddie Freeman and Matt Adams in the lineup once Freeman returns from the disabled list, they have not ruled out the possibility that one of these first basemen will become a third baseman.
[...]
If the Braves go this route, Freeman would be the most likely to make the move to the hot corner. He played third base throughout his high school career, and he has always had the kind of unselfish approach that would lead him to do whatever necessary to benefit the team.
Having them both in the lineup is the dream but I'm picturing this turning out poorly

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lol I thought it was gonna be some gently caress up like a roof leak but they just forgot to shut the window in the rain?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I saw the Yankees mentioned as a target for Matt Adams, so that might be the solution to that problem.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Why yes, Youtube, I would like to spend the rest of my evening watching bo jackson highlights :getin:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joe Simpson found a new level of old man opinion: he got mad at the SunTrust Park organist for playing while the Braves were getting blown out. This is like the galaxy brain meme version of getting mad at players who still look like they're having fun when the team is losing. I remember hearing him say this, it was right after Teheran got yanked after giving up like a double to the pitcher to open the fourth, but I didn't catch what Joe was ranting about cause I just tune out whenever he starts on about what grinds his gears these days.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm sitting here in Diamond Dynasty right now trying to grind out the Braves team epic to get that Crime Dog '95 flashback and I've got the TV muted and a podcast in my earbuds. I can't stand to hear them say "spin to win" one more time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bartolo pitches tomorrow :ohdear:. Braves usually get killed on these West coast trips and I was hoping to steal the leg in San Diego at least.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Godspeed Bartolo

Wait I thought I was following the Braves prospects as closely as the next guy but who is Rex Brothers

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

MLB.TV is $10 for the next 50 minutes fyi
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll get $10 out of the audio alone. But I thought they announced some deal this offseason or last where you could authenticate with a TV provider for in-market games, and I'm not seeing that option? I can do that with the Fox Sports app too, but it blows and I was hoping the MLB one would work better (they're supposed to be the brains behind a lot of good streaming providers, aren't they?)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That $10 MLB.tv sale was extended, dunno how long.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh good Matt Adams is hurt
News alert I saw said just a contusion, X-rays were negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It's not like Joe Theisman bad, they don't like zoom in on his demolished knee, but from everyone's faces you can tell it's really bad.

• Locked thread