Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

38 over here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

lbr what goon wouldn't be over 39?

Edit: But...y'know, stick a finger in this page just in case. I think the only reason I have any measure of dexterity whatsoever is because of using my fingers as checkpoint bookmarks in these things.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

But today's Wednesday. :australia:

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

goons dont have hand eye coordination

I coulda done it, but my hands kept missing my hands.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I think we've established that we're a fatty fat fat that'd sooner crush the train than fit in it. Cannon by default.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Cool, we're Team Rocket.

The train arriving on Platform, One, is the, express, train to, away from here. Please stand behind the yellow safety line until the train has stopped.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

quote:

You thought you'd get to do a lot of cool things, like visit the Statue of Liberty, ride to the 102nd floor of the World Trade Center, and ice-skate at Rockefeller Center.

I wanna see what the view from there would be like in the future!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Go to the future before Denny eats a Doritos Locos Taco. He'll be beyond help after that, time limit or no.

...wait, is this some Schrödinger's Quantum Bullshit where he's both in the past and future and our decision determines which?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

i just want to become our own dad

You want to become so downtrodden by your 9-to-5 that old clay pots blow your loving mind?

Dig. The t-rex might eat us, but without the chronometer Denny is definitely dead, and without Denny we're dead.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Where's my loving money chronometer, Denny?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I refuse to believe that this is a fork in our continuity. We answered the feather question; now back to our duties as the most parental figure in Denny's life.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The zoo will have either Denny or an evolved cat we can pass off as Denny because Denny, like a cat, does whatever he loving wants.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

The zoo is just going to be full of moose and boar, who will murder you over and over.

At least they'll be proactive about ending our suffering, instead of this ginger ADD-addled HFCS-powered oversight on our mothers' part to keep her extramarital dalliances discrete that we're stuck raising while our deeply unhappy parent/s hide their ennui by attempting to culturally enrich themselves despite the fact that their selves are all but absent after their employers and their need to keep up with the Joneses have taken their share (and then some) of their souls.

Also, he took us away from the dinosaurs. gently caress Denny.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

State-mandated obedience training it is, then.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The Red Dwarf crew travelled in time by turning eight lemons into batteries, and they only did that because it would have been harder to find potatoes.

Educational!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

But the potato battery! Aren't kids' books supposed to be subversively educational?

Fine, the three seashells rocks then. God, I love multiple choice exams.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Siri flipped two heads so this is a trial of Apple's reliability.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

quote:

From somewhere up ahead, you hear an eerie scream. A human scream. Chills creep up your spine. Who was that? Maybe you should get out of here right now.

But what if it was Denny?

How many Page 51s does this book have?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The Deviations posted:

quote:

You thought you'd get to do a lot of cool things, like visit the Statue of Liberty, ride to the 102nd floor of the World Trade Center, and ice-skate at Rockefeller Center.
I wanna see what the view from there would be like in the future!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Oh no no no, we're stopping the truck. Otherwise we'll end up crammed in a church with a bunch of people we pretend to like while the love children of Ridley and a langolier eat the temporal paradox we'd have just made.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I hope that however we distract them, it hurts Denny.

E: hey why can't we just remember to not cross the street tomorrow

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

We attempted to ignore Nearly Friendless Nick before we were but thou must'd into this mess and I see no reason to change our policy now. Door.

SirKibbles posted:

I remember one choice in particular that annoyed the crap out of me.

On a scale of one to Denny...?

The one I remember fondly is One Night In Payne House, though not enough to not need to google it. Now that's an inventory management simulator.

It also has one of my favourite failures in a gamebook.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Open the door for a brief nostalgia trip to Animorphs, probably.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Sure, let's sleep in our house while looking like a pest that should be seized by animal control or something.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

GeneX posted:

how the heck do we know where any of them live

And are they going to invite us in?

Marcie. Hopefully she'll be like, "Huh. Bat."

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

They'll probably just close the crypt behind us if we fly in there.

Then there'll be a crypt door between us and them.

Fly in there ASAP, is what I'm saying.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Sure, I'll cooperate with your Rasta experiment. :drugnerd:

...wait, what did you call it?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I, uh, didn't read that many Goosebumps books when I was a kid. Is that a cardinal sin?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I told Siri to pick a number between 61 and 80. She chose 69.

Whoops, there he goes.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

...did Denny write this? Prove to me that he didn't.

Oh. Sure. Cabin. Whatever.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Use the Quad Damage and hit something. Or learn that it's labelled 'SUPER STRONG' because you need to be strong to open the box.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Lauren and Todd have had enough of this story's poo poo and hosed off.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

...I have to ask. Is there an achievement for collecting all the 'just a dream' endings, or are we fortunate enough to have already done that?

And our friends would never leave us if they knew what greater bullshit that would lead to.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Why doesn't the werewolf know ASL? How could the ants sign without fingers? How have we not gotten a goal ending yet?

...I guess I am screaming, then.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

If I cried what I want to cry - "Mummy, please make the bad book stop hurting me." - then a loving reanimated corpse in bandages would be after me lucky charms the MacGuffin-Os like every loving thing else, wouldn't it?

Thus, I will scream nothing.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Maybe if we keep our eyes closed, we'll miss Page 7 and land on the other goal ending. (Unless 7 is the goal ending, naturally.)

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Let's go down the tunnel and probably turn into a frickin' bat in this book about werewolves.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

(What, no Smart-Os?)

Isn't this around the time that they tried to kiddify tomato sauce by making it in multiple colours like green and purple?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Throw something at Barney, he has it coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Are you seriously offering me a life with no school and awesome cats? Where do I sign?