Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I loved the Give Yourself Goosebumps books I managed to get my hands on as a kid, so binging this thread has been great. And now I understand why I have almost no memory of the screaming knight book, despite definitely having owned it. I was never that into the main series, though, so a lot of the references went over my head.

This book and the next one are actually the ones I remember the best, but still not well enough to have paid attention to the colours on the poster. So I'll say violet and yellow, because I like those colours better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I guess I remembered the light colours better than I thought.

Anyway, since the Abominable Snow Woman is Madam Vega, and following her suggestions is what got us into this, let's ignore her note and take both items.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I wonder how breaking the switch will kill us.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Well, all right then.

Iceberg time.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Throw a snowball, because I vaguely remember how that path might turn out and I need to know if that was a fever dream or not.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Hm, that's not the one I was thinking of. Maybe I was a more messed up kid than I thought and I made it up.

rudecyrus posted:

Let's win the arm wrestling contest

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Rebonack7 posted:

Well, now you have to tell us what it was.
I swear I remember an ending where you and Andy get trapped inside eggs that are never going to to hatch. I even remember it being written in the usual corny style. But I just dug up a copy of the book and looked through the remaining paths for the Snow Woman plot, and it's definitely not there. Maybe I'm thinking of a different book, or conflating few bad endings together? Or maybe I was just a really weird kid. :shrug:

Also, compass.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Rebonack7 posted:

That was actually one of the bad endings we missed all the way back in Knight in Screaming Armor. God, that was a weird book even by GYGB standards...
Okay, everything make sense now. That entire book was a fever dream. You get dropped in a nest and turned into an egg if you choose to have Abbey "return in a flash", right?

Let's find out if the maze leads out of this computer game.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

The Ultima ending of Inside UFO 54-40 would have come off more like an Easter egg if the book didn't taunt you with the ending's existence with the "special warning" in the beginning. At least it's never really set up as your character's goal. They just want to escape the ship and go home.

And 54. Space can wait its turn.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

...I think this book may have been my first exposure to Pig Latin.

I see no reason why fighting the giant, acid-spitting tentacle monster would go badly.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

"Black-hole-breath"...?

I vote red.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Sword. That "energy weapon" could be a tube-shaped toaster for all the player character knows.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I am not... I don't have stairs.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I would like to waste precious seconds making a sunhat out of leaves.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Egg hole.

Also, what was up with that ending where it's a three thousand year trip back to Earth? Did the writer forget this part is supposed to be happening inside a simulation?

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

rudecyrus posted:

Leafy sunhat

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Still looking for a nice alien hat to wear in the sun.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Wear a hat. Don't forget to wear a hat.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Even. I found every word!

The letters don't have to be adjacent, right. That's how word search work, right.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Don't be so quick to judge on appearances, and reason with them.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Never mind, the roaches are as terrible as they look, spray them with foam.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

The roaches might not have worked out, but I'm sure we can trust this ambiguously labelled button.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

One one hand, the vine could be turn out to be a snake, but on the other, the log could turn out to be an alligator.

...Grab the log. At least an alligator would be sturdy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

quote:

“Wow, I’ve never been in this part of Stinkeye Swamp,” Zeke says, peering around.

“Stinkeye Swamp?” you repeat. “You mean the swamp that’s supposed to be haunted?”

I think nearly drowning affected the main character's memory. :ohdear: Maybe the park ranger can help.