Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Hey don't you remember when he traded for Terrell Owens in his prime like 12 years ago?? He's doing all he can!

I'm on the verge of saying I think Ozzie Newsome is done here. I've held off on this for a while cause he's done so many great things but he's in a major rut now. The team is spinning its wheels in mediocrity and he's not really going for those top level players we need to become a contender again. It's like he drafts and signs for supporting cast and just hopes the stars will magically appear. But they won't. I think the closest thing we have to a star is Mosley. That is not gonna do it. In those old days we had those core top players to build around like Lewis and Reed. So we could get away with going for more solid guys to back them up. But you need those top guys. And we don't have em. And we're not even going for them. And this franchise is finished until that changes.

This current iteration of the Ravens has killed the team dead in its tracks. It's like a couple years ago everyone was wild about the Ravens and now I think people forget they exist a lot of the time. How can you botch that so badly.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i'm going to have sex with being wild about the Ravens.

You can't if you wanted to. "Being wild about the Ravens" is just a concept not even some sort of inanimate object. So you can't do those things with it. I'm sorry.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah they are and that's because they lack anyone really interesting right now because John Harbaugh made the team a dull boring idiot just like he is. Billick was kind of a fraud but at least he was an interesting personality and the team reflected that and it was fun to get behind them even if they were really flawed. Harbaugh needs to get out of here. The Ravens are like one of those Superhero franchises they always make movies about that has gotten really bad. And they need a "reboot" as the term is. Get rid of Newsome and Harbaugh, try to draft some star talent and make the team interesting again. Maybe even try to get Billick back as coach for a couple years before we find a long term option. But this current form of the Ravens has to be thrown in the trash.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

They are. They mostly won due to luck and super talented teams. Harbaugh's insistence on keeping Cam Cameron as OC for years almost kept what was maybe the best team in the NFL for a couple years from getting a real shot in the Superbowl. But when Bisciotti got mad cause we lost to the Redskins and Harbaugh got rid of Cameron to appease him and the players then they played great and won. If the Ravens had beat the Redskins that day we never would have won the Superbowl. And that game wasn't even really Cameron's fault we lost. And look how we got rid of that other guy Trestman after the other Redskins loss. That's how Harbaugh is. He's all about his sycophants. He's one of the worst coaches I have ever seen.

Billick came in talking about how he knew all this poo poo about QBs and then said Kyle Boller was gonna be so good even after any fan could tell you that throwing balls from his knees meant jack. That exposed him as a fraud and began his undoing.

Newsome is primarily responsible for the Ravens' success. Those coaches were just along for the ride. But everything ends and I think it's time for Newsome to call it quits.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I wish my team had two fraud coaches that win superbowls

They'd still be fraud coaches and it'd be silly for someone to get upset with someone for saying that. It's not like I even hate them for it I straight up would like to see Billick as coach again for like a couple years. I do hate Harbaugh though I just find everything about him repugnant.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sounds like a classic Ravens #1 receiver. I bet we get him

If we do I bet he gets 65 catches, 830 yards, 5 TD assuming all games played.

edit: Forgot we had Mike Wallace also. I really lose my edge in these offseasons.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 7, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That was the year Jamal Lewis ran for over 2000 yards. Even though LDT was by far the better player that's a milestone they're not gonna ignore in pro bowl selections. He should have probably made it over Portis though at least. That is really strange that Tomlinson was not in it.

Almost 500 yards of Jamal's total that year came against the Browns. He actually called that he was going to break the then-single game record record before the first meeting IIRC and sure enough he did.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

It's nice that we have another decent receiver, but I don't see Maclin making us too much better. He's not the top-flight talent you need to really make a difference on a struggling unit like the Ravens passing offense tends to be. Just a marginal upgrade.

• Locked thread