Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Chiefs OL is in a weird place where it is a good pass blocking unit but terrible at run blocking. I blame Andy Reid's love for smaller quicker linemen

They were actually great at run blocking until parker ehinger went down in late October. Ware, who averaging something like 4-5ypc, then averaged something like 2.9ypc for the month of November and didn't get much better the rest of the year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Kaep Dead, So What

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chinatown posted:

Kaep Dead, So What

I missed Benoit's second tweet of better backups, which has Derek Anderson, Foles, Mallett, Barkley, Landry Jones, Matt Cassel...

Derek loving Anderson? 2017 Matt Cassel? Landry Jones in any world?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sounds like a classic Ravens #1 receiver. I bet we get him

If we do I bet he gets 65 catches, 830 yards, 5 TD assuming all games played.

edit: Forgot we had Mike Wallace also. I really lose my edge in these offseasons.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 7, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/872540214526267392

Turns out Tebow loves when cops kill black kids.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm hearing either Arizona or Detroit as the most probable landing spots for Eric Decker.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Grittybeard posted:

I missed Benoit's second tweet of better backups, which has Derek Anderson, Foles, Mallett, Barkley, Landry Jones, Matt Cassel...

Derek loving Anderson? 2017 Matt Cassel? Landry Jones in any world?

Did you see his loving reasoning? He says while Kaep is a better athlete than almost all of those guys, he isn't a good QB and doesn't fit into a system. I must have missed the part last year where Brock Osweiler fit anything resembling an offense. The dude set RECORDS for how bad he was and this shitbird is seriously saying he is a better QB than Kaep. How do these people get and keep their jobs?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Sounds like a classic Ravens #1 receiver. I bet we get him

If we do I bet he gets 65 catches, 830 yards, 5 TD assuming all games played.

edit: Forgot we had Mike Wallace also. I really lose my edge in these offseasons.

Supposedly cutting Pitta is saving like 1.9mil? No idea what Maclin is looking for.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Reminder that Benoit also thinks that all women's sports are bad

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Reminder that Benoit also thinks that all women's sports are bad

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
This was also a fun exchange...

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/872562095669358592

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/872562578836160515

MrSargent posted:

How do these people get and keep their jobs?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

i love my goober quarterback

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I've seen Andy Benoit a few times on NFLN and I don't remember him being this insufferable

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
He wouldn't be the first Benoit to have brain damage.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gonz posted:

He wouldn't be the first Benoit to have brain damage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that joke

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Matt Moore is the most elite back up, print more shirts

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Nick Foles has had the weirdest career.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Matt Moore is the most elite back up, print more shirts

makes you think about what it takes to be the starter in front of such an elite QB talent

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

makes you think about what it takes to be the starter in front of such an elite QB talent

Thank god Moore isn't on the Seahawks else Wilson's confidence would be destroyed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NFL June N/V: Is Matt Moore an Elite Backup?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Nick Foles has had the weirdest career.

So what's the deal with Foles? Just can't escape pressure and has a tendency to send the ball sailing?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

So what's the deal with Foles? Just can't escape pressure and has a tendency to send the ball sailing?

Personally my suspicion is that Chip Kelly is a very good offensive coach and a poo poo awful GM.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

Personally my suspicion is that Chip Kelly is a very good offensive coach and a poo poo awful GM.

That alone doesn't explain it. Foles year with better than Manning numbers is a crazy outlier no matter how you slice it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Volkerball posted:

That alone doesn't explain it. Foles year with better than Manning numbers is a crazy outlier no matter how you slice it.

Sure, but I think it was just a serious of fortuitous circumstances in that Chip was an unknown that teams took a bit of time to adjust to, Foles got lucky on his 50/50 balls, and DeSean Jackson is a pretty good receiver. 2014, Foles got injured halfway through, but was worse without DeSean (and I think some other injuries?, I can't remember), but Mark Sanchez looked closer to an NFL player then he had in years.

2015 wasn't great for anyone involved, but he got an average starter year out of Bradford, then got about as much as you could get from a QB like Kaepernick in that utterly devoid offense the 49ers had last year.

That 2013 Foles years was a crazy outlier, but I think he could've been like, I dunno, Matt Schaub good if Chip Kelly didn't go all Chip Kelly on the Eagles roster.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Since 1970, 3 men have thrown for 7 touchdowns in one game. They are first ballot hall of famer Drew Brees, first ballot hall of famer Peyton Manning....And Nick Foles.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Since 1970, 3 men have thrown for 7 touchdowns in one game. They are first ballot hall of famer Drew Brees, first ballot hall of famer Peyton Manning....And Nick Foles.

My friend lived in some ridiculously overpriced apartment complex in Philly that had a movie room/theater hooked up with cable. For that game we reserved it, got super drunk, fried up wings, and watched history happen. One of my favorite Philadelphia memories.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Ahh, the McDaniels mold.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Boy he sure is doubling-down on his terrible opinions.

also he has a fat head.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Anyway, I hope you all come down this weekend to Johnny Brenda's to see my ska band The Nick Foles Experience

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

My friend lived in some ridiculously overpriced apartment complex in Philly that had a movie room/theater hooked up with cable. For that game we reserved it, got super drunk, fried up wings, and watched history happen. One of my favorite Philadelphia memories.

It was a goddamn nightmare.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
That table...I don't think it means what they think it means. The only people who have a better Passer Rating have thrown at best 15% of the passes that Kap threw. Even the cherry-picked stat they use is bad.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

MrSargent posted:

Did you see his loving reasoning? He says while Kaep is a better athlete than almost all of those guys, he isn't a good QB and doesn't fit into a system. I must have missed the part last year where Brock Osweiler fit anything resembling an offense. The dude set RECORDS for how bad he was and this shitbird is seriously saying he is a better QB than Kaep. How do these people get and keep their jobs?

If they were saying reasonable poo poo they wouldn't be getting attention for it. Many sports "analysts" are just professional trolls who can write and speak well enough to seem like they genuinely believe the bullshit they put out. A dumbass with strong opinions makes stories people want to read and talk about even if it is only to point out how stupid they are.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MrSargent posted:

That table...I don't think it means what they think it means. The only people who have a better Passer Rating have thrown at best 15% of the passes that Kap threw. Even the cherry-picked stat they use is bad.

Barnwell was proving Benoit's point wrong, yes.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Chiefs OL is in a weird place where it is a good pass blocking unit but terrible at run blocking. I blame Andy Reid's love for smaller quicker linemen

the funny thing to me is that Reid used to be the opposite with o-linemen. Mind you, I was just a kid in the early 2000s, but I distinctly remember that his early Eagles teams used to have absolutely huge offensive linemen. Dudes like Jon Runyan, Tra Thomas, Shawn Andrews were like 330+ lbs; I mean all of them were basically houses. So it's kinda amusing he changed so drastically since.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Appropos of nothing, but Andy Benoit looks like a much douchier Simon Pegg

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

It was a goddamn nightmare.

I laughed really hard at this thought, but not at you. It's funny how football really is a zero sum game.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Barnwell was proving Benoit's point wrong, yes.

Table didn't have a number for a quarterback's WILLINGNESS to throw in the pocket, which is just as important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Volkerball posted:

Nick Foles is the Al Bundy of the NFL.

• Locked thread