Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

I too keep my laundry detergent on the end table in my living room

Excuse me sir maybe he was just getting back from the laundry room or about to head to the laundry room. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I would not be mad if Ballard brought in Maclin as the WR2/WR3.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dammit Ballard!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

fsif posted:

By the way, has there been anything resembling an explanation as to why the Chiefs cut Maclin yet? I figured it may have been a locker room thing, but Alex Smith was beside himself when asked about the cut.

Everything I've read mentioned that the Chiefs are in cap hell after this year and are trying to get out from under it. The article I was linked to from Rotoworld speculates that Alex Smith is bye-bye after this season.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

fsif posted:

But why do they need the cap space now? Couldn't they use him this year and then cut him next?

I'm not a expert by any means, but I read that it saves them 10 million both this and next year.

It is really baffling because I'm pretty sure they could have salvaged a pick out of someone. I can think of several teams that would have given up 4th or 5th for him

quote:

The Chiefs have been struggling with the salary cap for few years, and they had just $3.5 million available before the move. By releasing Maclin after June 1, they saved about $10 million that they can use to sign their three remaining draft picks and any additional free agents.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Seahawks signed Austin Davis as the backup QB instead of Kaepernick.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

49ers just signed Doom.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/871792875209711616

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Alex Smith is only 33. How is that possible.

Well one day 33 years and 9 months ago...a mommy and a daddy loved each other very much....

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs save over 4 million in cap space if they cut their punter. That guy is Dustin Colquitt who is a fantastic punter. He's only completing with this kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWuEBIE3yFM

who needs a punter and has 4 million cuz he's gonna be available soon

Colts do need a replacement for best punter ever Pat McAfee

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He's a big hit off the field too!

Oh ho ho hoooo! I see what you did there!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hey remember those Madden commercials where we got to see Russ and Kaep training as kids? Those were good times.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Nothing rushes from colors like white.

Bwahahahahaha savage.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/872540214526267392

Turns out Tebow loves when cops kill black kids.

Boy he sure is doubling-down on his terrible opinions.

also he has a fat head.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Raku posted:

if you've ever seen his parents--they're both pretty obese (especially his dad) and from new orleans, he wasn't exactly raised on healthy eating habits. His dad has immense mantitties

Those are the only kind of mantitties to have sir. :colbert:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Who's ready for Joe Flacco to be elite again?

Excuse me sir, but he never stopped being elite. :colbert:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I think DJ is better than LevBell, but it's close. I think DJ has done more with a shittier o-line.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah if I had to choose, I'd choose DJ. Not to bring too much fantasychat here, but I had him last year and he never let me down.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Fine with that. Howard is gonna be great too

I am still loving pissed that that dumbass Grigson didn't draft Jordan Howard before the Bears did.

Oh well...I'm happy Ballard took Marlon Mack in the 4th.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Isn't/wasn't Decker's wife a country music singer?

Yeah and they have a home in Nashville.

Dammit Titans...I wanted Ballard to holler at Decker.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I think that would've been nice, but Decker had some pretty major injuries and is up there in age. Kind of a gamble, and the Colts might as well see if Dorsett is gonna make something of himself or not.

Well from what I've read, Kamar Aiken and Chester Rogers have already passed up Dorsett so I would think he is not going to be doing anything for us.

Oh the arguments I got into with people thinking Dorsett was going to be good...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, switch either Lockette or Kearse with Golden Tate and we win that game.

Too bad Russ drove him away to Detroit.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The curse continues...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

Lions Moves Over the Last Two Seasons, Abridged:

Drafting Taylor Decker to play LT
Drafting Graham Glasgow to play C/LG
Drafting Joe Dahl to play OL
Drafting Jimmy Landes to play LS
Signing Ricky Wagner to a record contract to play RT
Signing T.J. Lang to a massive deal to play RG
Trading for Greg Robinson to play LT
Signing Cyrus Kouandjio to play LT

Alright, fess up. Which one of you goons is running the Lions?

Me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

You're mostly doing fine. Keep up the good work!

I got you fam

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MrLogan posted:

How did the Rams manage to get nothing of value from all their picks from the RG3 trade?

Well they are the Rams...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Stedman Bailey was identical to Jarvis Landry in college

God I'm sad he didn't get a chance

Isn't he still trying to come back from his injury and play?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

God dammit

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

gently caress the Colts for (rightfully) firing Ryan Grigson and poaching Chris Ballard.

Mwahahahahahaha!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

After the shock has worn off it has occurred to me while listening to 810 and they’re saying word was after Ballard left the whole front office went to poo poo and thinking he may have been the brains of the operation. Clark apparently not happy about how Dorsey handled Maclin release, Charles release, Houston injury, etc. Managed to piss off Berry while giving him the biggest safety contract ever. Might have been dividing the locker room, I don't know.

Go offer a boatload of cash to Ballard to come back.

Fuuuuuckkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Metapod posted:

The team I root for, the Tennessee Titans, are good at footballing and check this will win the super bowl this season and I will celebrate by eating a pizza with pineapple on it and drinking some pop.

What kind of pop?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Can I hang out with you when this happens, friend?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

A delightful hot dog sandwich just absolutely smothered in delicious ketchup

No relish?

:frogout:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/879439427663261696

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Chromatic posted:

My parents opened a restaurant in 1994 in a small time and it lasted until around 2000. It only closed because my stepfather passed and my mom didn't want to deal with running it all herself. 6 years isn't too bad I guess. We had by far the best tacos in town, with a reputation to the point that the hammer-dick idiots running the competing restaurant a mile down the road tried to copy our recipe. They failed miserably.

That point of that story is that during the time the restaurant was open and I was still in grade school, an idiot classmate tried to taunt me all the time about how the food was bad and the restaurant sucked, etc. Well, fast-forward 12 years later and I was in the middle of having a 3 month long fling with his wife while they were in the middle of a divorce.

It owned.

But did you tell him about it and publicly shame him?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Really didn't need to know you've got a Falcons tattoo on your penis.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

It doesn't. poo poo is gonna haunt me the rest of my days :smithicide:

Well if it makes you feel better, my dumb college team went to back to back Final Fours and lost both times. My heart has never recovered.

• Locked thread