Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Let's check in on Takk who just got his signing bonus...

https://twitter.com/Takk/status/870319043177086977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Takk owns. Codeine owns. gently caress all the haters.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

His dog owns a lot though

He does. A lot.

Also keep in mind dude is 21, fresh out of college, I'm sure housekeeping is like the last thing on his mind.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Hiring a maid in the next week or so won't be tho!

I can't even imagine that feeling. Like, growing up I was not rich or anything, my parents both worked and I had a good childhood with vacations and always had food, etc. but seeing a $5,000,000 deposit into your bank account has to be :stare:

How does that even work? Can you even deposit that much? lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm that old guy who gets dizzy and nauseous when he uses VR goggles :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

iospace posted:

Fun facts, that's probably because how VR is portrayed vs how we perceive depth.

The long and short of it, humans perceive depth in two major ways, VR uses one of those, and those who use the other tend to get sick from it.

No poo poo? Did not know that...weird.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

This picture makes me happy on my insides

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I pitta this fool, he does need to hang em up...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/870733342752296961

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

woof

https://twitter.com/yourrightscamp/status/870679109306728448

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Somewhere Parm fist pumps.

According to the Kansas City Star, free agent Jeremy Maclin "looked spry" in OTA practices and ran with the first-team offense prior to his shocking Friday night release.

Cap expert Joel Corry indicated Maclin's release may have been almost entirely salary-cap related. The Chiefs' only other high-salary, cut-able veteran was Tamba Hali, but his salary is guaranteed. "They had the most cap commitments of anyone in the league for 2018 prior to the (Maclin) move," Corry said. "They’re going to have to do something else next year. They’re not in good shape, cap-wise." The Chiefs' likeliest 2018 move for cap relief is moving on from Alex Smith.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

"Jameis Winston is on the verge of being one of the best quarterbacks in the game."

:raise:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I love that he is wearing a Bryce Harper jersey :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Oh Gronk. Always Gronking about.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/871886770958475264

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Donald's coming I'm sure. Is there anyone else even in the running?

I feel like it starts and stops with Donald for the Rams...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Water is wet

This explains your food preferences. The Chargers have been forcing you to eat poo poo your entire life, you don't know what tastes good anymore.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Diqnol posted:

Do the Chargers move for Maclin now?

Apparently Shady has been working his own angles to get Maclin to Buffalo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Cleveland really has to stop making wise decisions.

quote:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns have "inquired" on free agent Jeremy Maclin and done their "due diligence."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday morning that Maclin could make a visit to Cleveland. When asked about the team's reported interest, coach Hue Jackson said "that's a good thing." The Browns have intriguing pieces at wideout, but no proven depth behind new No. 1 Kenny Britt.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Looks like my grandmother's house.

Minus the large black man holding the large rifle.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Check out this take guys...

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/872272546414051328

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

He is really bringing the heat :effort:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/872466647075897344

Geno Smith

Pros: Definitely won't be distracted by charity endeavors
Cons: Loses locker room confrontations to random UDFA's.

Lol I thought he was pulling poo poo out of his rear end BEFORE...woof!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Reminder that Benoit also thinks that all women's sports are bad

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

This was also a fun exchange...

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/872562095669358592

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/872562578836160515

MrSargent posted:

How do these people get and keep their jobs?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Maybe he should check his bank account and stop complaining.

You don't see me complaining on instagram when I have a headache at work! :rolleyes:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ya'll say he quit. I'd say he escaped.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Curtis Martin had 10 in a row if somehow no one has mentioned him yet.

Jesus that hall of fame speech :stare:

Curtis "My Favorite" Martin was so good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Maybe one day...maybe one day...

:smithicide:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

P90X is good but I absolutely cannot stand Tony Horton.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The Falcons have a retirement ceremony for Roddy and Vick today and all kinds of people are up in arms that Vick get any kind of recognition. Some petition against Vick being honored reached over 40k signatures over the weekend.

People really have a hard time forgiving.

e:

Man, he was fun to watch.

https://twitter.com/ATLSportsNate/status/869010887973236738

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 12, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

P90 X continues to deliver results. That poo poo works.

I don't think I will ever understand how a professional football player that has team nutritionists, physical trainers, doctors, etc. coupled with a training facility as huge as these teams have with the wide variety of equipment, turns to a workout program designed for people to workout at home with minimal equipment. :psyduck:

Whatever works I guess...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I'm guessing it's more a case of giving him something simple to do when he's away from the facilities & trainers to help keep the flab off in the offseason. P90X takes any thinking out of your workouts, you just look at the schedule and play the corresponding DVD. It's spawned endless internet workout warrior flame wars, but at the very least it's a shitload of exercise if you actually follow the plan.

Do the team's training staffs not have offseason workout programs for these guys or?

kiimo posted:

Yeah I've considered doing it on the sole reason that it makes you work out every day. It's hard to work out every day. If you commit to getting up and doing an hour workout like every morning you're going to get ripped, end of story.

Eh, it's not as easy as workout an hour a day, get ripped. Eddie Lacy clearly has diet issues, so I'm thinking it's more about his diet being in check and less about his P90X workouts.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

No.

Some guys do poo poo on their own, but for the most of them they actually need to rest for like 3 months just to recover.

Makes sense. Is it against the rules or CBA? I would just think teams would go out of their way to make sure their guys (investments) show up in the manner they think they should for OTAs but guess not :shrug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Almost 100% sure coaches aren't allowed to speak to players outside of certain designated times, like during OTA's.

You are correct. I guess I just assumed, incorrectly, that like dieticians and trainers could and did create plans for their guys during the offseason or prior to prevent situations like this but sounds like that is not the case.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

The gently caress man?! Tony Horton is a god drat golden god!!

I resorted to printing out the sheets for his workouts or muting them entirely because he was such an arrogant rear end. Figures a Pats fan would like him so much :colbert:

He is a lot better in P90X3 and 22MHC I must admit...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

David Johnson is the best all around back in the NFL.

Not Lev?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

pubic works project posted:

I think DJ is better than LevBell, but it's close. I think DJ has done more with a shittier o-line.

Yeah, I would give the edge to DJ as well I was just throwing Lev's name in for debate. Plus Lev has injury history.

DJ is a freak.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

I thought Andre Ellington would end up with that starter role but nah.

:stare:

woof

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The Bears are the gift that will get us through these dark days of the offseason

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Let's see

Steelers 5962 yards, 399 points
Cardinals 5868 yards, 418 points

Bell - 1884 yards, 9 TD's
DJ - 2118 yards, 20 TD's

So Bell was 31.5% of the Steelers yards and DJ was 36%

Of course Bell missed 4 games, which would extrapolate out to say, a high end of like 2506 yards and probably like 39-40% of the Steelers offense at most.

Interesting debate. You could argue there are more mouths to feed in Pittsburgh so Lev's stats are more impressive. You could argue the Cards have DJ and nothing else but the ghosts of Palmer and Fitz, so his stats are more impressive. Or you could just say gently caress it, they are both amazing and we are splitting hairs at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's a loving crime that Julio never got a ring.

gently caress you Shanahan.

Posting from 2038

• Locked thread