Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

Olivier Vernon got more than that and Ingram is arguably better :shrug:

That's ridiculous free agency pricing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

That's ridiculous free agency pricing though.

At least when Mack sets the record it will be worth every penny

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

At least when Mack sets the record it will be worth every penny

Yeah, definitely beats the hell out of paying gently caress you money for like, Bruce Irvin.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/874227311826149376
This seems to me to be as good time as any for your annual reminder that the mayor of Buffalo gave TO a key to the city after he signed with the Bills.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
TO being on the Bills and Bengals seems like something from an alternate universe.

drat, going back and looking and TO had 72 catches, 9TDs and almost cracked a thousand yards his final season. Pretty dumb he was out of the league after that.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Who would end up fatter if let to their own devices: Kelvin Benjamin or Eddie Lacy?

Don't forget Jamarcus Russell, he got pretty fat too

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

iospace posted:

Also Kaep being up there is cool and good.

Let's be honest, these people are buying those jerseys to put on effigies or to set them on fire.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Who would end up fatter if let to their own devices: Kelvin Benjamin or Eddie Lacy?

The entire offensive line just annihilating a buffet while Kelvin stands outside with his face mournfully pressed up against the glass.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

The entire offensive line just annihilating a buffet while Kelvin stands outside with his face mournfully pressed up against the glass.
Febreeze, go!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Offensive linemen sitting around complaining about how they have to wake up every two hours to eat pb&j sandwiches and chug chocolate milk to keep the weight on and Kelvin walks up holding a sandwich in each hand and cradling a bag of chips and goes "Oh, you guys do that too?"

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

big money big clit posted:

Offensive linemen sitting around complaining about how they have to wake up every two hours to eat pb&j sandwiches and chug chocolate milk to keep the weight on and Kelvin walks up holding a sandwich in each hand and cradling a bag of chips and goes "Oh, you guys do that too?"

What is the average life expectancy of a OL?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nodoze posted:

Don't forget Jamarcus Russell, he got pretty fat too

He came to camp over 300.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The_Hat posted:

Let's be honest, these people are buying those jerseys to put on effigies or to set them on fire.

I know :smith: I was being optimistic. Jerk. :arghfist::cry:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The Falcons have a retirement ceremony for Roddy and Vick today and all kinds of people are up in arms that Vick get any kind of recognition. Some petition against Vick being honored reached over 40k signatures over the weekend.

People really have a hard time forgiving.

e:

Man, he was fun to watch.

https://twitter.com/ATLSportsNate/status/869010887973236738

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 12, 2017

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

How has Jake Butt not cracked the top 25 yet?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/sta...-173318955.html

Getting paid to be able to eat more

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

P90 X continues to deliver results. That poo poo works.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

kiimo posted:

P90 X continues to deliver results. That poo poo works.

I don't think I will ever understand how a professional football player that has team nutritionists, physical trainers, doctors, etc. coupled with a training facility as huge as these teams have with the wide variety of equipment, turns to a workout program designed for people to workout at home with minimal equipment. :psyduck:

Whatever works I guess...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

weird Asian candy posted:

I don't think I will ever understand how a professional football player that has team nutritionists, physical trainers, doctors, etc. coupled with a training facility as huge as these teams have with the wide variety of equipment, turns to a workout program designed for people to workout at home with minimal equipment. :psyduck:

Whatever works I guess...

I'm guessing it's more a case of giving him something simple to do when he's away from the facilities & trainers to help keep the flab off in the offseason. P90X takes any thinking out of your workouts, you just look at the schedule and play the corresponding DVD. It's spawned endless internet workout warrior flame wars, but at the very least it's a shitload of exercise if you actually follow the plan.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I've considered doing it on the sole reason that it makes you work out every day. It's hard to work out every day. If you commit to getting up and doing an hour workout like every morning you're going to get ripped, end of story.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I know this doesn't make much sense but nfl training routines are really not designed to help people lose weight. At this level it's just something that 99% of the time shouldn't be a problem. it'd be like a hospital constantly training their surgeons on basic human anatomy.

These guys are all physical freaks. team trainers are just there to help them survive the season.

None of them are really concerned about helping you cut out carbs or whatever.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Yeah I've considered doing it on the sole reason that it makes you work out every day. It's hard to work out every day. If you commit to getting up and doing an hour workout like every morning you're going to get ripped, end of story.
Needless to say, you also have to pay attention to your diet.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I'm guessing it's more a case of giving him something simple to do when he's away from the facilities & trainers to help keep the flab off in the offseason. P90X takes any thinking out of your workouts, you just look at the schedule and play the corresponding DVD. It's spawned endless internet workout warrior flame wars, but at the very least it's a shitload of exercise if you actually follow the plan.

Do the team's training staffs not have offseason workout programs for these guys or?

kiimo posted:

Eh, it's not as easy as workout an hour a day, get ripped. Eddie Lacy clearly has diet issues, so I'm thinking it's more about his diet being in check and less about his P90X workouts.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do the team's training staffs not have offseason workout programs for these guys or?

No.

Some guys do poo poo on their own, but for the most of them they actually need to rest for like 3 months just to recover.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well yeah there's that too.

There's this college player Sherron Collins that played for Kansas and when he was in school Bill Self sent out a decree to all fast food restaurants in Lawrence that they absolutely refuse to serve him if he showed up. Growing up poor can train you to utilize the dollar menu I guess.

Also Sherron is a giant ball of fat now fyi.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

I know this doesn't make much sense but nfl training routines are really not designed to help people lose weight. At this level it's just something that 99% of the time shouldn't be a problem. it'd be like a hospital constantly training their surgeons on basic human anatomy.

These guys are all physical freaks. team trainers are just there to help them survive the season.

None of them are really concerned about helping you cut out carbs or whatever.

Did the Eagles hiring dietitians not catch on?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

No.

Some guys do poo poo on their own, but for the most of them they actually need to rest for like 3 months just to recover.

Makes sense. Is it against the rules or CBA? I would just think teams would go out of their way to make sure their guys (investments) show up in the manner they think they should for OTAs but guess not :shrug:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

P90X has a diet plan you're supposed to follow too. If Fat Eddie followed that he'd be on a pretty severe calorie restriction for a big athlete.

(I think most P90X users just buy the DVDs used and never see the diet plan.)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Makes sense. Is it against the rules or CBA? I would just think teams would go out of their way to make sure their guys (investments) show up in the manner they think they should for OTAs but guess not :shrug:

Almost 100% sure coaches aren't allowed to speak to players outside of certain designated times, like during OTA's.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/09/exclusive-richard-sherman-to-tell-his-own-story-no-need-for-cowardly-anonymous-sources/

quote:

“He asked a few questions to a few cowardly people,” Sherman said. “And I’ll be calling you cowards if you’re afraid to put your name on it. If you have a comment, if you’ve got something to say, you’ve got something to ask or something and you’re not willing to put your name on it, you’re kind of a coward. But maybe they’re not cowards and maybe these people never existed. Because who knows? You don’t even have to exist. You don’t have to prove anything in this world anymore.

“And that’s what I mean when I say there are a lot of TMZ-like media going on because guys like this — nobody is going to ever question him if they come to find out, hey, he could have fabricated this whole story and, I mean, outside of him saying there was an interaction at practice, none of the rest of it was true. But heck, what did he have to lose? I think it’s really unfortunate that’s it’s come to that.”

quote:

“One hundred percent, I feel like (readers) are just sheep,” Sherman said. “I feel like they are being herded, they just believe whatever, whoever is the biggest. ESPN is a huge, huge provider of information, so (readers) look at it as legitimate. They look at it as fact. As truth. As the gospel. They take it and they go with it without ever asking, ‘Wow, would you take anybody saying an anonymous source?’ If somebody just told you, ‘Hey, your wife just cheated on you, it’s coming from an anonymous source, I’m not sure if it’s really true.’ Would you take that as fact? Would you just believe anything anybody said?”

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Almost 100% sure coaches aren't allowed to speak to players outside of certain designated times, like during OTA's.

You are correct. I guess I just assumed, incorrectly, that like dieticians and trainers could and did create plans for their guys during the offseason or prior to prevent situations like this but sounds like that is not the case.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Richard Sherman is now Donald Trump complaining about invented sources and fake news.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if the line about cheating wives is a subtle dig at Wilson.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did the Eagles hiring dietitians not catch on?

I'm telling you, it's a non issue. It sounded really good for the nerd football fans who were all excited about kelly changing the nfl, and maybe you can tell an 18-22 year old person how to eat.

But you're not going to go to some five year nfl vet and tell him to drink a milkshake. That's loving ridiculous.

Someone that can't stay in shape will not be in the league, plain and simple. There isn't a single player that stopped getting fat that I can think of. Lendale White, Jamarcus, now Benjamin, all ate/are eating themselves out of the league.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

But you're not going to go to some five year nfl vet and tell him to drink a milkshake. That's loving ridiculous.

Worked for Brady. Obviously these examples are anecdotal, but here and there you see athletes talking about how they used to eat like poo poo but improved their diets and suddenly feel much better and more full of energy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

Worked for Brady.
Probably because of Gisele

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm telling you, it's a non issue. It sounded really good for the nerd football fans who were all excited about kelly changing the nfl, and maybe you can tell an 18-22 year old person how to eat.

Someone that can't stay in shape will not be in the league, plain and simple. There isn't a single player that stopped getting fat that I can think of. Lendale White, Jamarcus, now Benjamin, all ate/are eating themselves out of the league.

Justin Houston or some Chiefs d lineman was always overweight. So was dwayne bowe.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Worked for Brady. Obviously these examples are anecdotal, but here and there you see athletes talking about how they used to eat like poo poo but improved their diets and suddenly feel much better and more full of energy.

He's saying you can't *make* them do it, not that they shouldn't do it.

Brady sought out the magic smoothie poo poo etc. himself.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/874349435953840132

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I want the dollars so I know how mad to be at Dorsey.

• Locked thread