Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

S4 and 5 are on BBViewer. I found S3 on YouTube pretty easy. I can't find S2 which sucks since that's the best season ever.

Thanks!

So who to vote to be tempted? I'd enjoy a guaranteed month of Paul (sorry, STAC), but these rewards typically get better as time passes, and then he wouldn't be eligible. I'd like for Kevin to have safety, but same thing about later rewards being better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My first instinct is to vote for Alex because that "No offense but I hope you eat poo poo" line made the biggest impression on me of anything that episode.

But also it seems pretty likely Paul has it on lock and we get to look forward to at least 3 weeks of him pulling together an alpha male douche alliance, calling the women cunts and whores, and maybe throwing in some racist insults too. Yay.

I wish I had a chart to show how hyped I was at 8 PM and much that dropped as everything unfolded for Paul.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I thought Christmas was a fool for choosing vote, but I guess she had a pretty good read on the house. Boston Dad did not disappoint, but I do share Stac's pessimism, Paul is absolutely about to get 3 weeks of safety and we are always let down when we expect them to evict someone like him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Until there's a reason not to I'm gonna give Christmas the benefit of the doubt that she recognized that she was sitting next to two of the more awkward people in the house and that she had made a better first impression than both of them. Or at least Cameron. Because that's certainly how the vote ended up playing out. In that case its probably better odds then hoping that the competition is something that favors your skills.

And like, on a certain level that's the kind of smart game decision that might make her a good player. Looking past the seeming competition advantage she has, recognizing the randomness of stuff like that, and making a social strategic decision.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Eltoasto posted:

Well the e-mail just confirmed that feeds aren't on until after the pacific airing tomorrow, so midnight est on Thursday, booo

West coast best coast

The one true coast

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Just couldn't help yourselves, could you, big brother? You just had to have at least one returning hg this year.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait who the actual gently caress names a kid CHRISTMAS

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep trying to decide if its just another bad parent naming decision that she never changed because she liked the attention or if she changed her name to that to get the attention.

Your Taint posted:

Just couldn't help yourselves, could you, big brother? You just had to have at least one returning hg this year.

I'd actually prefer 2 or 4 because then it wouldn't be lopsided to one person. 1 veteran is just too slanted and the fact that they just did a test run on that with OTT/Jason shows that they know what they're doing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How long after the comp was the vote because I could see that influencing Christmas' decision.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who knows? But they had to have been in the house awhile. Comps are always a couple of hours and Paul had to do his temptation thing. Between that and whatever time there was before the comp there was enough time to make first impressions and make sure you interact with everyone. If people were expressing that they were weirded out by Cameron and/or Jillian or they were just kind of isolated then that could have been enough to give Christmas confidence in a vote.

I mean, who knows? But I was watching the show and saw Cameron screaming weirdly, doing strange things with his tongue, and behaving strange all around so if I had spent a few hours in a house with him and a bunch of strangers I might feel confident taking my chances that I came off better than him even if I didn't have any inside knowledge or deals or anything.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

sportsgenius86 posted:

How long after the comp was the vote because I could see that influencing Christmas' decision.

I'd imagine it was no more than an hour or two, maybe less. Cameron said he'd only been in the house 12 hours.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I guess Cameron won't even get a spot on the memory wall. Ouch. I'm sure he'll be the tricky facial features during the face morph comp later in the season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

One good thing about the Den of Temptation. This vote goes until tomorrow at 9 AM BB Time and then they need time to send [strike]Paul[/strike] the winner into the Den and do the whole thing and then introduce it to the HGs. So even if tomorrow is just a rush of stuff for the HGs the feeds should turn on either hours before or after the noms so we're not going to miss the entire first week of play like we usually do.

Online interest seems to be split between Christmas and Cody, which is why Paul is gonna win.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Watching now, and this has serious BBCanada vibes. Twists for days and a decent cast. I actually like the timeshare rep :stare:

Watching the backyard comp reminded me though. We've been having a ridiculously hot (and even muggy) spring/summer so far and I do NOT envy those poor bastards having to do strenuous daytime endurance comps in that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I hope Christmas gets in a showmance so someone on air makes the horrible Bond joke about Christmas coming more then once a year

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

There's some code on the Temptation voting page that potentially points to future temptations:

"The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Ring of Replacement, which will give them the power to play in any Veto Competition they want this summer! If they’re not one of the six houseguests playing, they can swap places with one of the three players chosen by random draw. The Ring of Replacement can only be used once, but remember, every temptation comes with a consequence.."

"The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Halting Hex! Whether on the block or not, they can halt any one of the next four evictions during the live show, making it a non-eviction night. But remember, every temptation comes with a consequence."

Cameron also appears to have gone into Sequester. I'm guessing we'll get a battle back situation after a few votes, but it would amusing if they made it a Temptation consequence for Paul winning the Den of Temptation power.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 29, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'm guessing Halt triggers a double eviction, since they have a schedule to keep.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, that seems assured. It would probably add an additional DE to the schedule.

I'm hoping the consequences will still include unique punishments for the winners. It's fairly lovely if they just apply to the whole house.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Teek posted:

Yeah, that seems assured. It would probably add an additional DE to the schedule.

I'm hoping the consequences will still include unique punishments for the winners. It's fairly lovely if they just apply to the whole house.
I'm sure that is in the works, with silly costumes or forced slop for a few weeks and what-not.
They couldn't do that with the $25k prize because then Christopher Walken would have been really exposed and hosed and it was all a means to get Friendship into the house anyways.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

What hidden solo punishments could there be?

No vote during eviction, i.e. go into diary but can't vote for someone?
No chip during veto pull? This would narrow down the potential winners but still could be ambiguous if there are enough people in the house.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Teek posted:

What hidden solo punishments could there be?

No vote during eviction, i.e. go into diary but can't vote for someone?
No chip during veto pull? This would narrow down the potential winners but still could be ambiguous if there are enough people in the house.
One of those ridiculous 24 hour tasks (ie soccer goal kicking) where if you don't make the goal, yer going on the block.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

But that would be a public penalty, I was wondering about hidden ones, like Kevin's "You have to throw HOH" one. They could do public ones too I guess.

Guess you could have three variations:

Consequence = Solo public penalty, No House Penalty
Consequence = Solo hidden penalty, House Penalty (Kevin got this one)
Consequence = Solo public penalty, House Penalty

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 29, 2017

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Oh I see... yeah, the no veto chip in the bag is pretty smart and innocuous but that doesn't rule out a Hamster's Choice Pick loophole.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I guess they could remove that too as a House penalty?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

In your consequences scenario couldn't there be a fourth option in:

House public penalty, Further House penalty if a penalty task is not completed?

This was done to moderate success throughout the Australian version of BB where their BB ruled with an iron fist and wasn't a pushover.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

That would be great, I'm not sure I can recall in recent memory where BB US actually carried through with one of those? Possibly a slop violation penalty?

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Just checking in to say I'm here for another season of vicarious Live Streaming thanks to the omnipresent STAC Goat.

And could Raven have eyes that are any more dead inside? I was having a hard time imagining any of these people winning, and then Paul joined the house and I realized that BB must have promised him $500k, he's going to steamroll this group.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know what to make of Raven because:

A) I don't believe her entire quirky fairy girl act and am convinced its all a put on.
B) She apparently has a very different social presence.
C) She appeared to be trying to seduce Paul during that temptation thing.
D) She apparently had some life endangering freak medical thing as a kid that had her on shows like Oprah for most of her life.

I'm very curious as to who I'll see when I turn on feeds tonights.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm sure they are paying Paul quite handsomely, but I don't think he's going to sleepwalk to the final. He'll win the first temptation and he'll have 3 weeks immunity, but then he won't be able to win it again and there's enough fans in the house to know that they don't want to be in the final 2 with him. He'll have time to try to form something solid, I guess we'll see tonight if Brosquad version 75 has formed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My stance it what it always is. I don't believe Big Brother in any way "rigs" things. But I do think they push the needle sometimes and they're clearly pushing the needle for Paul to keep him from getting targeted right out of the gate and worry he's gone in 1 week. I feel like they've done that with their "gimmick castings" ever since that "Saboteur" who got booted in Week 1 or 2.

So Paul's going to get a big handicap for these first few weeks but he can still lose the game. Paul's a smart guy and a savvy social player, though. Or at least he was most of the season until he lashed out and abused Natalie which ultimately might have cost him the win. So I expect him to be able to make something of the Friendship Bracelets, his celebrity status, and if he gets the Pendant.

And yeah, vets always seem to get paid more and they get a lump payment while the others get paid week to week. Which is why they're always so focused on "making jury" since it guarantees them the full money.

I don't think much about the idea of BB casting a weak group as some kind of favor to him. BB casts are always filled with pushovers and idiots and followers. Its tough to know who is a player and who isn't based on the premiere episode. Its part of what I really enjoy about the first couple of weeks of feeds. You get to watch everyone play and really form an opinion of their styles and approaches.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Every year it seems that everyone "knows" they need to get rid of the vets, but they never seem to do it. Everyone has this grand plan of using the vet to get to Final 2, so you get the full season of said vet. Now if it was a vet I liked, then I wouldn't care.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

When was the last time a vet didn't win or get second? Jessie? And he went out on Coup D'Etat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The vet thing should be a huge target in Week 1 or 2 when a lot of people are looking for an easy target and still forming alliances and trust. Its usually someone who doesn't fit in, overplays, or is really obnoxious but "take out the vet" is as good a reason as any. Its all about finding some obvious problem you can lay on someone that the rest of the house can unify behind.

It didn't happen last season because Nicole won HOH and the vets were able to quickly form bonds while the "anti-vet" crew were driven by Jozea and a pair of misogynistic assholes in Paul and Victor. And Jason survived in Week 1 with POV and Week 2 with the Care Package*. Elissa survived with MVP. Once you get past those first couple of weeks then the game has started and people have their own issues and relationships so your veteran status should be less of an issue.

Which is why these things always seem designed to get the Vet past those first few weeks and into the game.

*Of course Jason should have gotten his rear end booted all season because of the fan voting, but he had a team of sycophants who seemed content to help him win so what can you do? But if the HGs learn that there's a fan vote aspect to this season then maybe that hurts Paul. Or maybe he wins the first one, tells everyone, and they decide he's irrelevant now. Who knows?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 29, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ahahaha Josh, what a terrible call.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What a loving meltdown.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm very happy we're guaranteed exactly two weeks of Josh on feeds.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cody is apparently a sociopath. So that's good.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I like how in the midst of all the drama, Kevin's moral quandary of throwing the comp was solved by Josh and he got off scott free.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
You know, at the very least, CBS could add back the first week of feeds for flashbacks on the player. I don't understand the reason why they wouldn't at least do that. Not being live the first week I get, but not having the archived footage available seems silly. There is no technical reason for it either, they seem to black it out for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would guess they just don't feel its worth having a crew live editing the feeds. Like, if nothing else you need someone switching cameras and throwing up fish when someone sings or something. And I imagine the first week in the house is filled with production notes and rules and screwups and stuff.

It would be theoretically nice but realistically having a week of feeds to go through with no clues of when or where anything interesting is would probably be a mess. There might be one or two big things that affected the house that we could look for but otherwise even I'm not crazy enough to scroll through 168 random hours of this poo poo.

• Locked thread