Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Season 19 starts June 28th on CBS.

This is the Spoiler thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the summer TV season again, which means it's time for Big Brother. So what is Big Brother?

Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 14+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of the $500,000.

The 80+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Big Brother 19?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Jokers Updates
Online Big Brother

CBS also will provide live streaming HD coverage through CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

If your cable provider offers Pop (the station formerly known as TVGN) you'll be able to watch "Big Brother After Dark" for two hours every night from 12:00-2:00 AM ET/PT seven days a week. This is another source for live feed viewing, sometimes offering different angles or a better viewing experience for that time window.

http://poptv.com/big_brother_after_dark

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

This season's twist/hook:

Den of Temptation. Each week, America will choose one Houseguest to go into a secret room to choose whether to take a secret power. If they do, a curse will be unleashed upon the house in turn.

FAQ:

Q - I bought CBS All Access and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother now added to CBS All Access, in addition to the feeds you'll now also have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month. If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that it appears the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

Obligatory:

Fedelm in season 17 thread posted:

I can't wait to watch people put a target on their back by throwing others under the bus and backdooring floaters on the chopping block when they should've voted with the house even though it's nothing personal, but they didn't come here to make friends so sometimes they have to get blood on their hands in order to do what's best for their game so no matter where your head is at, at the end of the day it is what it is.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Player History
  • Alex
    - Evicted Week 11 (2-1)
  • Cameron
    - Evicted Day 1 (8-3-2)
  • Christmas
    - Evicted on Finale Night (1-0)
  • Cody
    - Evicted Week 2 (0-8-3)
    - Re-entered Week 4 from Battle Back
    - Evicted Week 7 (0-7-0)
    - Won America's Favorite Houseguest $25,000
  • Dominique
    - Evicted Week 3 (10-0)
  • Elena
    - Won $5,000
    - Evicted Week 7 (6-1)
  • Jason
    - Evicted Week 10 (3-2)
  • Jessica
    - Evicted Week 6 (7-0-1)
  • Jillian
    - Evicted Week 1 (8-4)
  • Josh
    - Won Big Brother 19 (5-4) $500,000
  • Kevin
    - Won $25,000
    - Evicted Week 11 (1-0)
  • Mark
    - Won Colorado Trip
    - Evicted Week 8 (4-2)
  • Matt
    - Evicted Week 9 (6-0 Includes penalty vote)
  • Megan
    - Self-evicted Week 1
  • Paul
    - Second Place $50,000
  • Ramses
    - Evicted Week 4 (7-3)
  • Raven
    - Evicted Week 10 (2-1)

Week 1 - Day 1
Temptation 1: $25,000 to anonymous HG who takes temptation [Kevin takes first] ~ Result: Season 18 Paul enters house and Kevin has to throw first HOH
Protection: Paul gives 8 Friendship bracelets to protect HGs from first elimination, rest compete to determine who Paul replaces in House ~ Kevin, Raven, Dominique, Mark, Jason, Jessica, Ramses, Elena Protected.
Temptation 2 Competition: Remaining Houseguests compete with three unlucky HGs getting poisoned apples. Cody as winner is safe. Cameron, Christmas and Jillian poisoned and up for eviction.
Temptation 3: Power to determine eviction type ~ Competition (Cameron) VS Vote (Christmas & Jillian). Vote Wins.
Eviction Vote: Cameron VS Christmas VS Jillian
Eliminated Player: Cameron evicted 8-3-2, Paul replaces Cameron as 16th Houseguest

Week 1
HOH: Cody (Josh took one-week safety in exchange for making his team lose competition)
Nominations: Jillian & Megan
Have Nots: Josh, Jillian, Megan, Paul, Ramses - First HN can pick 1 of 2 boxes to stop being HN or get 1 extra week. Paul picks correct box, no longer HN
Update: Megan self-evicts, Alex replaces Megan on block
Den of Temptation: Pendant of Protection (Winner safe for first 3 weeks) ~ Paul, Blind chooses Player #2 for curse (Ramses goes in second during curse round, has to put himself on block within next three weeks)
Veto Winner: Alex (Used on self, Replaced with Paul [Paul uses protection power], Replaced with Christmas); Raven takes summer Have Not Pass
Final Nominees: Christmas VS Jillian
Update: Christmas injures foot
Eliminated Player: Jillian (8-4)

Week 2
HOH: Paul
Den of Temptation: Christmas (Christmas can choose to replace non-nominee/HOH in veto competition with herself. Cursed Cody, Jason and Jessica with Ve-Toad costumes)
Nominations: Ramses (Initiates his curse) & Alex & Josh
Have Nots: Cody, Jason, Jessica, Matt (Jason attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Paul (Used on Josh, replaced with Cody)
Final Nominees: Alex VS Cody VS Ramses
Eliminated Player: Cody (0-8-3)

Week 3
HOH: Alex
Nominations: Dominique & Jessica
Have Nots: Jason (Penalty from previous week), Josh, Mark, Ramses (Chosen by Alex for being first off previous HOH comp. Josh attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Jason (Not used) Temptation (Pick up chalice to drop out of comp for $ - Kevin takes, wins $27)
Final Nominees: Dominique VS Jessica
Den of Temptation: Jessica (Halting Hex winner can cancel eviction for that week)
Eliminated Player: Dominique (10-0)

Week 4
Battle Back Competition 1: First Four Evicted compete in comp, top two advance. (Cameron, Cody advance)
Battle Back Competition 2: Cameron VS Cody - Cody Wins, faces HG selection in final game. Paul selected.
Battle Back Competition 3: Paul VS Cody - Cody Wins, returns to game
HOH: Jessica
Nominations: Josh & Ramses
Have Nots: Josh (Penalty from previous week), Kevin, Mark, Paul (First three out of previous HOH comp. Mark attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Jessica (Not Used)
Final Nominees: Josh VS Ramses
Eliminated Player: Ramses (7-3)

Week 5
Temptation Curse Reveal: Halting Hex creates Temptation Competition (HGs can choose to compete, first place gets safety, last becomes third nominee)
Temptation Competition: Mark wins and is safe, Jason comes in last and is nominated
Nominations: Jason + Cody & Jessica
Have Nots: Mark (Penalty from previous week), Alex, Christmas, Elena (Elena attempted HN box, chose wrong, has extra week)
Veto Winner: Paul (Used on Jason)
Final Nominees: Cody VS Jessica
Eliminated Player: None (Halting Hex Used)

Week 6
HOH: Josh
Temptation Competition: Cody wins and is safe, Jessica comes in last and is nominated
Nominations: Jessica + Elena & Mark
Have Nots: Elena (Penalty from previous week)
Veto Player Selection: Cody picked to play, Christmas uses Temptation to replace him with herself
Veto Winner: Mark (Used on self, replaced with Raven)
Final Nominees: Jessica VS Elena VS Raven
Eliminated Player: Jessica (7-0-1)

Week 7
Temptation Competition: Mark wins and is safe, Matt comes in last and is nominated
Nominations: Elena & Jason
Have Nots: Jason, Kevin, Mark, Paul (First four out of previous HOH comp. Mark picks correct box, no longer HN)
Veto Winner: Matt (Used on Jason, replaced with Cody. Jason ~ Extreme-o-tard, Paul ~ 48 Hours Tandem sky-dive with Christmas, Alex ~ 1 Week Camping Gear Setup)
Final Nominees: Elena VS Cody VS Matt
Eliminated Player: Cody (0-7-0)

Week 7 Double Eviction
HOH: Jason
Nominations: Elena & Mark
Veto Winner: Mark (Used on self, replaced with Matt)
Final Nominees: Elena VS Matt
Eliminated Player: Elena (6-1)

Week 8
HOH: Christmas
Tree of Temptation: First HG to go into DR when tree lights up can pick one of five apples with a secret power ~ Two Vetoes, Eliminate 2 Votes, Bounty on Your Head, Can’t Play in Next HOH, Save a Friend
Tree: Mark picked the apple that had Save a Friend. Used on Paul.
Nominations: Jason & Matt
Have Nots: Josh, Mark (Chosen by HOH)
Veto Winner: Jason (Used on self, replaced with Mark)
Final Nominees: Mark VS Matt
Eliminated Player: Mark (4-2)

Week 9
HOH: Jason
Tree: No apple picked
Nominations: Matt & Raven
Have Nots: Kevin, Matt (First two out of previous HOH comp.)
Veto Winner: Jason (Not used)
Final Nominees: Matt VS Raven
Update: Matt eats non-Have Not food, is assessed a penalty vote
Eliminated Player: Matt (6-0)

Week 10
HOH: Christmas
Tree: No apple picked
Nominations: Alex & Jason
Veto Winner: Paul (Used on Alex, replaced with Kevin)
Final Nominees: Jason VS Kevin
Eliminated Player: Jason (3-2, Christmas cast tie-breaker)

Week 10 Double Eviction
Nominations: Kevin & Raven
Veto Winner: Josh (Not used)
Final Nominees: Kevin VS Raven
Eliminated Player: Raven (2-1)

Week 11 Wednesday Show
HOH: Josh
Nominations: Alex & Kevin
Veto Winner: Paul (Not used)
Final Nominees: Alex VS Kevin
Eliminated Player: Alex (2-1, Josh cast tie-breaker)

Week 11 Thursday Show
Nominations: Josh & Kevin
Veto Winner: Paul (Not used)
Final Nominees: Josh VS Kevin
Eliminated Player: Kevin (1-0)

Week 12
Final HOH Part One: Paul
Final HOH Part Two: Josh
Final HOH Part Three: Paul VS Josh ~ Josh wins
Final Nominees: Paul VS Christmas
Eliminated Player: Christmas

Jury
Final Houseguests: Josh VS Paul
Christmas: Paul
Kevin: Paul
Alex: Josh
Raven: Paul
Jason: Josh
Matt: Paul
Mark: Josh
Elena: Josh
Cody: Josh

Winner: Josh wins Big Brother Season 19 with a vote of 5-4!
America's Favorite: Top three of Jason, Kevin and Cody, with Cody winning the $25,000

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 21, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Not yet, should happen in around 2 more weeks.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cast reveal confirmed for June 19th:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1007201/meet-the-new-big-brother-season-19-cast-before-anyone-else/

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I agree, Over the Top definitely had a some nice changes introduced. Hopefully they'll at least consider the live diaries.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Apparent image gallery link of the new cast:

http://bbfeedster.com/big-brother-19-houseguest-photo-gallery/alex/

Official reveal in a few hours.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jeff interviews now happening on the "live feeds" page.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Very loud and boisterous. Seems like he'll either go week one, or Devin himself out of the game a couple weeks in.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Old Boston Dad seems like he might be lost in the house. Wonder how he'll fit in.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I didn't catch them all, but I didn't see any reports of anyone being skipped. Who do you think was missing?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Mark is in his 20s, do you mean Matthew? He's 33 but has a lot of grey hair. He got interviewed.

Jason, or Whistlenut, is a total recruit. He's the recruitiest recruit.

"I love this show"
Jeff asks another question.
"I know I'm not supposed to admit this but I've never actually seen it..."

Casting also needs to ask Jeff's "Would you rather lose and be loved or win and be hated" during their interviews, and just dump anyone who says lose and be loved. Why even cast those people? Maybe we'd end up with a cast of assholes, but you have to wonder.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 19, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Here's BB's twist info:

When a brand-new crop of Houseguests enter the Big Brother house for the first time during the Season 19 premiere on Wednesday, June 28 at 8/7c, they'll be wooed with a batch of titilating twists that may leave them rethinking their initial strategies.

From Day 1, the HGs will step into the Summer of Temptation, where they'll be challenged like never before as they embark on a summer adventure filled with tempting offers that could give them money, power, and safety in the game.

BB fans know to expect the unexpected, so it's so surprise that a potential reward could come with a risk, which might turn the entire game on its head.

And that's just beginning!

Starting on Sunday, July 2 at 8/7c, the Houseguests will discover the Den of Temptation, a room that holds yet another enticement that, if accepted, will potentially unleash a game-breaking consequence upon the entire house.

Even better, America will get to vote for the Houseguests they want to send into the Den of Temptation, which lets fans influence the game in spectacular Big Brother fashion.

"Temptation has always been a part of Big Brother but this summer we are testing the Houseguests like never before," said Rich Meehan, Executive Producer, Big Brother. "There are so many different paths the game could take this season depending on what the Houseguests choose to do. With so many unknowns, we are excited to see how it all plays out."

Naturally, the Summer of Temptation will be visually represented in the house decor, which features apples and snakes galore.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1007285/big-brother-s-huge-new-twist-for-season-19-has-been-revealed/

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It seems like Sunday still needs a competition though. Possible that the HGs compete to see who is up for the temptation vote?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Why in the world do they keep having problems designing the parlor? It seems they're really set on putting some form of completely uncomfortable sitting monstrosity in there which they have to quickly switch out.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, Danielle was well known last season to just keep sleeping. Perhaps main line BB would take it more personally since there are more eyeballs.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

BBOTT is really a strange experience, like ToastyPotato said, without the ongoing feeds and some of the new wrinkles they added to that like live DRs, I'm sure it loses something if you just watch the episodes and eviction shows.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It was some of the most divisive and petty playing both within the house and among the fans of those camps online. The Jamboree being some of the least self-aware people who ever played the game. All the fan voting I think really played into their egos.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I guess Cameron won't even get a spot on the memory wall. Ouch. I'm sure he'll be the tricky facial features during the face morph comp later in the season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

There's some code on the Temptation voting page that potentially points to future temptations:

"The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Ring of Replacement, which will give them the power to play in any Veto Competition they want this summer! If they’re not one of the six houseguests playing, they can swap places with one of the three players chosen by random draw. The Ring of Replacement can only be used once, but remember, every temptation comes with a consequence.."

"The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Halting Hex! Whether on the block or not, they can halt any one of the next four evictions during the live show, making it a non-eviction night. But remember, every temptation comes with a consequence."

Cameron also appears to have gone into Sequester. I'm guessing we'll get a battle back situation after a few votes, but it would amusing if they made it a Temptation consequence for Paul winning the Den of Temptation power.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 29, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, that seems assured. It would probably add an additional DE to the schedule.

I'm hoping the consequences will still include unique punishments for the winners. It's fairly lovely if they just apply to the whole house.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

What hidden solo punishments could there be?

No vote during eviction, i.e. go into diary but can't vote for someone?
No chip during veto pull? This would narrow down the potential winners but still could be ambiguous if there are enough people in the house.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

But that would be a public penalty, I was wondering about hidden ones, like Kevin's "You have to throw HOH" one. They could do public ones too I guess.

Guess you could have three variations:

Consequence = Solo public penalty, No House Penalty
Consequence = Solo hidden penalty, House Penalty (Kevin got this one)
Consequence = Solo public penalty, House Penalty

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 29, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I guess they could remove that too as a House penalty?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

That would be great, I'm not sure I can recall in recent memory where BB US actually carried through with one of those? Possibly a slop violation penalty?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

When was the last time a vet didn't win or get second? Jessie? And he went out on Coup D'Etat.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cody is apparently a sociopath. So that's good.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Let the madness begin.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yikes. Yeah she went into the DR for awhile and then bailed. Not sure what day that happened. Put Cameron back in.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

They can totally just "James Zinkand" Cameron back into the house as a consequence present. No need to make it complicated, just pretend that Megan never happened.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

:siren:Fish on the feeds have been replaced with Cats on the feeds:siren:

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 30, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

As expected, Paul won the Pendant. He's laying out his current gameplay goals privately in the parlor to the feeds right now.

Mainly not rock the boat super heavy with active gameplay, but gas the flames of paranoia and distrust towards HGs who are on the outs. He's acting like that's new this season, but he did that a lot last year too for the first half.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Good job Alex! She won veto.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hahah. I hope that makes the show.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I'm guessing they'll have the ceremony tomorrow to account for the day off. That would also help the editors for the Wednesday show. They had the veto comp a day early too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Insanity, yay.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Voiceover guy is going to start rolling out all of the Christmas puns earlier than I thought he would this season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'm am REALLY hoping for a close vote this week. After many season's of the obnoxious "I have to vote with the house", I want some close votes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Oh lord. Christmas was working out this morning and apparently broke her foot. She was yelling and they cut to fish/cats.

Hopefully she'll be okay. But major sad insanity if three people leave the game before the first Thursday eviction.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 3, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Apparently it happened when Jason and Christmas were horsing around. She was riding(?) on Jason's back as he ran around the backyard and then slipped. She then fell and snapped/broke her ankle/foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I believe most of the spec fan polls about the first vote had Christmas in second after Paul, so she should have a pretty good shot to win it assuming she's still in the game.

• Locked thread