Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Episode discussion here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824227

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

With the next den being the veto sub, should make Cameron the curse part of it. That would especially be good if Christmas wins. Make him her proxy in the veto comps.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 6, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feeds in and out. Seems like something's broken with this comp.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cody is absolutely stewing.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I don't like Paul, but I really wanted to see this hair brained scheme he talked about so much this week.

Ha, major control room audio leak from Rich while on fish. Telling the HGs to keep their cool and not get too in each other's faces.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Uhhh. New thing with Jeff now conducting a live interview with the evictee Jillian. No other feeds going. Really dumb.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, this sucks. We're losing valuable chaos time for loving Jillian. At least stick it on one feed and let us watch the other. OTT people said that's what they did for Live DRs.

Yeah, it was great. One feed dedicated to the DR, the others on the rest of the house.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Sounds like Ramses also put himself on the block to carry out his curse.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Paul REALLY wants to be the one to destroy Cody. And if Cody is 100% playing for veto, Paul feels he will win.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Neither Cody or Jess pulled for veto. Cody is SOL now, unless Ramses wins and pulls himself off.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Wonder if the curse might be America chooses next week's third nominee. Would possibly force her to burn the hex to save Cody or herself.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

My general understanding is that since the BB House is really a movie backlot its actually kind of hard to get at with drones or bullhorns or anything. Like, its not like its a house you can go next door to. Its on a studio lot so you kind of need to get into the place or something. So it takes some planning and effort and runs a solid chance of getting you in trouble.

I was in LA last week so I decided to drive by the lot. You can see the studio building and part of the outside backyard wall from the street. It's about 60 yards or so away. There's a bridge nearby which goes over the LA "river" which runs right beside the lot where you could feasibly get within about 30-40 yards of the backyard. Super easy to jump the fence and walk down there or stay on the bridge and fly a drone in.

There's a condo/apartment complex which gets closer to the building. They have a park/tennis court beside it that gets you even closer to the studio.

I took this from the publicly accessible dog park area:

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 28, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cody and Jessica nominated.

Things are BLOWING the gently caress UP.

Cody and Paul going at it. Now Josh and Mark going at it.

Josh started in with the pans and Mark charged him to take them away, cut to fish. Eep.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 29, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

And to the tourist, shut your mouth about the LA River. I know it looks like a joke over the summer, but during the winter it prevents more serious damage than is already done by whatever rainfall we get. A few houses lost their bearings and full-out collapsed this year.

At least while you were near CBS, did you hit up the 3rd/Fairfax farmer's market? Unlike the studio lot, it's actually worth a minute or two.

Hahah, no disrespect meant. I'm well aware of it's benefits from other LA residents who also speak of it fondly too. It's just the most city-fied river I know with its miles and miles and miles of concrete.

I've had extended stays in LA multiple times, if I go back in the near future I'll look into stopping at the market. This time around I didn't really have any time in Studio City to hang around anywhere else. It was along the way to the place I was travelling to at the time so I just had time to park and take a couple of quick shots.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I recommend https://twitter.com/liquid8d, liquid8d makes a feeds program which allows you full control to jump around as you want. The program also gets updated with Bookmarks to take you directly to past notable events.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

No BBOTT this fall, though it might come back some other season:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-all-access-adds-will-ferrell-comedy-two-dramas-series-slate-1026016

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think a few days ago Jess has said she hasn't had her period since coming on to the show, which is understandable with all the stress. But...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Glad Christmas used her temptation in this way, best drama production could have hoped for.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

How do you cheat at it?

From what I recall:

Essentially you win that veto competition by being closest estimate to the actual number for that item for that round. If you fold, you stay in the comp but skip the round, if you stay and your estimate is closest, you get a point. If you weren't closest, you're out. First to three points wins. A group cheats by designating only one person each round to always stay to challenge the person who needs the veto. The rest fold to play again. If the person who stays loses to the one they're targeting, the next person in the group who was chosen ahead of time will stay in the next round to challenge. If the target folds and doesn't play, they group choice will just keep challenging the target until they either beat them or the target loses. Doing it this way gives the group more chances to beat the target, so only one of the group would ever possibly go out each round, rather than multiple people.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Appears that Mark won Safety and Matt tanked to get third nominee.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reddit spoiler provider is claiming Christmas won the next HOH. She might be the most willing to take a shot at Paul if Mark is protected. Would probably need some DR push on that though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Mark got backdoored.

This is picky as hell on my part, but Mark wasn't backdoored. He played in veto and lost. It would have been a backdoor if he hadn't played. Christmas kept using the term incorrectly too and at this point a lot of these terms have lost all meaning, but he's leaving the game after having had a chance to save himself.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

That's just a normal replacement nominee. It's a narrow distinction, but it's more about using the rules of the game against a target. It's "I have three targets" VS "I have three targets but my prime target is being left off the block to exploit game rules."

The term was used to designate a "gently caress you" scenario where the target is not put on the block and may not have a chance to play in veto, thus screwing them over. So they go out a week without having a chance to save themself beyond persuading the others to vote to keep them.

Essentially Mark was left off the block intending for it to be a backdoor. With him getting picked to play, he got to play just as if he was on the block. At that point he's in an even better position than if he was on the block, since a non-nominee might win and not use it.

So continuing to use the term "backdoor" after a competition the target played in isn't really a gently caress you any longer, since Mark could have saved himself and didn't. Mark is a complete non-entity at this point so you're not getting any complaining out of him, so it's not really a big a deal. Usually this is a bigger deal when target complains about being backdoored all week up until eviction, even though their fate was 100% in their hands at one point if they had played in veto.

Someone will have to remind me, but was there anyone this season who was evicted and didn't play in veto that week? Cody would have been in a normal season, but he played in a competition which could have saved him.

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 22, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, it's become a generic blind side term ala Survivor.

http://bigbrother.wikia.com/wiki/Backdoor

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Pretty much. Surely the DR has to start putting ideas in the HGs heads about getting Paul out. Even if they can't get him out, forcing him to fight to the end would be much more entertaining.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jason won HOH.

I don't see him going after his buddy Kevin. Easy target of Matt and Raven, take out whomever is left on block, Matt the preference. Outside shot of Jason going after Christmas after the hinkiness of last week.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yes, it's played over the intercom. Some poor intern is inside it. They passed out in the costume a few seasons back due to the heat outside. They started doing the comp later in the day because of that.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jason won veto.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Somehow Christmas won the sprinting comp. I'm guessing it was thrown to her after Kevin got out.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, it's not just a canny player or two throwing to an ally, it's EVERYONE. That's ridiculous that they're all snowed/that dumb with this few left.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Paul won veto.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

BB15 Nick has been getting some Youtube and NBC airplay on America's Got Talent with his new science personality. So yeah, not really.

They filmed tonight's episode last night, and Reddit spoilers from someone who attended the taping are saying that Alex got evicted and Paul won HOH. Yeah, not really regretting having not watched for like the last three weeks.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Max posted:

Best position for him I suppose, he doesn't have to vote and can shrug at whoever gets booted, unless he's dumb enough to win veto.

Paul won veto.

Sounds like he won't be using it and Christmas will be voting out Kevin.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Paul won part one of the final HOH. Not really a surpise. Christmas was cleared to compete though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, Andy was VERY proactive. He was always bouncing from room to room.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Exactly, there's absolutely no excuse for his continuous BS in their goodbyes messages. The fact he also continued with the false narratives in the back 30 minutes after the votes were submitted just shows how much self-awareness he lacks.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Get ready for some super-salt when they get inevitably U-Turned.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Big Brother Celebrity Edition starts February 7th, will run against the Olympics until February 25th, four days a week. Looks like 13 episodes total, a couple of those being two hours.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/cbs-sla...tes-1202218252/

Wednesday, Feb. 7
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER (Celebrity Edition Premiere)

Thursday, Feb. 8
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Friday, Feb. 9
8-10 PM — BIG BROTHER (2-Hour Episode)

Sunday, Feb. 11
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Monday, Feb. 12
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Wednesday, Feb. 14
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Friday, Feb. 16

Sunday, Feb. 18
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Monday, Feb. 19
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Wednesday, Feb. 21
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Friday, Feb. 23

Saturday, Feb. 24
8-9 PM — BIG BROTHER

Sunday, Feb. 25
8-10 PM — BIG BROTHER (Celebrity Edition Finale)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Throw in Mr Pectacular and Austin and have them run rough shod over the faux celeb wannabes.

• Locked thread