Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Have Jessica and Cody talked about their post-BB plans? Is she going to move to wherever Cody lives and become a waitress at a diner? I sure as hell don't see Cody moving to LA to be with a girlfriend who get paid to be touchy-feely with wealthy club patrons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Paul may be an instigator but in doing so he has been able to make sure HoHs stay focused. In every season it feels like half the HoH weeks are wasted eliminating people who aren't threats. They will target X and Y, nominate them, but while hanging out in the HoH room someone blurts out that Z chews loudly, then they work backwards from there and create a narrative why Z should go home, and miss taking a shot at someone who was a danger to their game.

The one thing I found weird is that outside of Cody's cool kids, we haven't seen proper alliances form. Sure there was the house united against Jody, but we have had 5 ride-or-die pairs that formed early on, and as a result people don't compare notes as much, and once you are nominated you can't save yourself (by campaigning).

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
CBS should rig the vote so it goes to anyone other than Cody. All of the stuff Cody has done that hasn't made it to the regular episodes is suddenly going to come under scrutiny and CBS will end up taking some heat over it, but also expose just how much certain players get protected by editing. From a PR perspective they should just give it to Jessica if Cody wins, or Kevin to play it safe.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

BonoMan posted:

Fairly sure Cody will end up in a foreign jail and only released after presidential intervention.

I'm surprised CBS think its a good idea to send an unstable lunatic on a challenging trip around the world. The biggest factor teams have to deal with is frustration, and putting Cody in a situation where him and Jessica face elimination because their cabdriver screwed them is asking for trouble. I'm guessing they are betting on a neutered Cody showing up for the race after he comes to terms with life outside of his comfort zone, which will be needed to continue dating Jessica, because i don't see her giving up being a "VIP concierge" to waitress at the diner wherever Cody lives.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I found out that The Amazing Race was starting here in NYC, so I went to watch the start of the race. Jessica must have been able to tell I wasn't a fan because she glared at me for like 30 seconds until I felt it was getting awkward and pulled out my phone to look away. Cody was pretty much the same as he appeared on TV. He barely clapped along or had any reaction to most of the lines that were cues for the cast to get hyped. There were a ton of Jody fans present, and Cody eventually he gave in and took a selfie with a couple of teen fan girls which was his was one moment of normalcy. Not much changed from Big Brother with Jody not really bothering to socialize with any of the other teams. They are up against a fairly competitive cast, with a lot of physically strong competitors - so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go home early.

The teams for those interested:
Team Chomp (Joey Chestnut and another competitive eater)
Team Boxing Ring Girls/Instagram Models
Team Twins (Identical twin brothers who are both firefighters and Iraq war veterans)
Team Winter X-Games (I didn't catch their names, but it was two women who won a bunch of medals at the X-Games)
Team Yale Debaters (The two college aged kids are the probably the weakest physical competitors this season)
Team Goat Yoga (Two moms who do Goat Yoga - don't ask)
Team Lifeguard (A couple who are both lifeguards in Miami - they compete in lifeguard competitions and have 1,500 saves between them)
Team NBA All Stars
Team Speed (coined by Phil - Alexander Rossi and Conor Daly)
Team Buff Violinists (They are from some popular string quartet, but are huge and ripped like professional athletes)
Team Jody

• Locked thread